Do Over - Character Poll

No, this doesn't mean I'm going to kill off any of the main characters, nor does it mean I won't. I was just wondering which of them the readers would least want to have pass away. I know I'm known for character death scenes, but don't worry, the fates of all the characters is already determined and this poll won't change anything.

Maybe...

No, this doesn't mean I'm going to kill off any of the main characters, nor does it mean I won't.  I was just wondering which of them the readers would least want to have pass away.  I know I'm known for character death scenes, but don't worry, the fates of all the characters is already determined and this poll won't change anything. 

Maybe...

I've had a sneaking feeling that you've had it out for Brian's head since early on. :)

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of killing off a character that the author has spent significant time developing and endearing to the reader, myself. In a story like Dawn of Tears, we expect it as part of the contract of reading the story -- it's established as early as the title.

Do over, on the other hand, doesn't need the device to advance the plot. (In fact, I've seen in some cases where a death is only there because the author couldn't figure out what to do next.)

• Site Administrator

Well... we've seen who's he's killed off...... so far.

Only he and E know who else will die. :P

Sly dog, DK! First you post this poll, and then a couple of days later, you post Chapter 26!  Taunting us, you evil man  ;-)!

--Rigel

Well, to be honest I forgot Chapter 26 was coming up when I posted the poll. :)

I waited until I'd pretty much finished the story before posting the poll. That way I wouldn't be unduly influenced in writing some future chapters. :)

Enjoy!