2007 Summer Movies

JamesSavik

What Was the best/worse summer movie?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What was the Best/Worse summer movie this year?

• Spider-Man 3
    • Shrek the Third
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    • Ocean's Thirteen
    • Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer
    • Evan Almighty
    • Live Free or Die Hard
    • Ratatouille
    • Transformers
    • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • The Simpsons Movie
    • The Bourne Ultimatum
    • Rush Hour 3
    • I don't like movies with numbers
  2. 2. What sucked/disappointed this summer?

• Spider-Man 3
    • Shrek the Third
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    • Ocean's Thirteen
    • Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer
    • Evan Almighty
    • Live Free or Die Hard
    • Ratatouille
    • Transformers
    • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • The Simpsons Movie
    • The Bourne Ultimatum
    • Rush Hour 3
    • Nothing stank bad enough to single it out
  3. 3. As a rule:

• I watch a lot of summer movies
    • I watch the few that catch my eye, wait for the rest on video
    • I hate spending 7-10 bucks for a ticket to nasty, sticky theatre
    • It was summer?
    • I would rather rent, watch at my leisure
    • Hollywood sucks balls- gimme Indie
  4. 4. Do you take a date to a summer movie?

• Sure if you're like 13- duh!
    • No problemo unless its just plain inappropriate
    • If/when I get a date, I hide them from public view so it will take longer to steal them.
    • What's a date?
    • Now I'm depressed you bastard.
  5. 5. On vacation:

• I may catch a movie
    • I would rather do something else
    • I may catch a movie if: its good / I'm a fan
    • I may catch a movie if others in the party want to.

She doesn't stock DVD's, calls 'em "Newfangled, complicated crap". I do have a DVD player though, got it last year. I just haven't much use for it. LoL

Bear in mind that her "movie store" in an alcove the size of a walk-in closet off a small general store that she owns. I'm pretty sure that she has under 200 titles, total, and most of 'em Disney type stuff. She won't carry anything above a PG rating anyway. She gets away with it becuase she's the only rental place for an hour's drive in every direction. They've got a blockbuster video store in another town, but that's well over an hour's drive each way for me, so I rarely use it. They do have DVD's though. In fact, I think they went all DVD this year.

You're in the perfect situation for Netflix.

I was just going to suggest this, although I've personally never used Netflix I would highly recommend the BlockBuster.com service. They have a ton of movies (even hard to find gay ones), it's really easy to use, they ship back and forth pretty quickly, and it was extremely well priced. In fact when I signed up they had a special going and the first month was free, and since there was no contract or anything, I found that after the first month I'd watched all the movies I wanted to watch and canceled 0:) (hey, they literally told me to feel free to do that when I signed up!)

Tobey Maguire even managed a half decent job in this one

He was also adorable with his "evil" hairstyle, and I'd never found him especially attractive before (or after).

Bourne, Hair Spray and Ratatouille were my favs. The French Rat was thoroughly amusing and I thought it was geared more to an adult audience.

Oceans Thirteen - eye candy aside - was pretty lame. Just a bunch of movie stars doing walk-ins to get a fat pay check.

Surprised you didn't include Knocked Up. Silly, sophomoric and thoroughly amusing.

Jack B)

You're in the perfect situation for Netflix.

That might work... My mailbox is four miles away, but I do visit it almost every day. Thanks.

Dude-

Start a video store. If that's the extent of your competetion, you can kick that ass with your eyes shut.

That town (the closest one to me) is about 45 miniutes away on bad (unpaved, unmaintained, washed out) mounain roads, and has about 300 people, so I don't think a video store would do well there. That town is also on the nearest paved road, so people can go from there to a larger town nearby in twenty minutes, and most do. So, good idea, but given the sparse population, it wouldn't work. :)

We just saw "Hairspray." It's very, laugh-out-loud funny, and is a musical that makes it a better choice as a summer movie for us. Of the movies that I've seen, it would get my vote for the best of summer. I want to see Super Bad, it looks like it will be rude, crude, and hilarious.

We try to avoid bad movies, and mostly we've been lucky. We haven't seen any bad summer movies, we use the negative opinions of friends who told us about quite a few of them they say were bad.

The most disappointing move I've seen this summer was "Death at a Funeral." It had very positive reviews, but in my opinion didn't live up to them, it's just OK. Save your $$ and wait until it's on cable or DVD.

As a rule we don't usually see many summer movies. This year there seem to be quite a few that are very good. "Harry Potter 5" and "The Bourne Ultimatum" are others that we enjoyed, but not quite as much as "Hairspray"

My partner and I almost always go to the movies together. We've know each other for 49 years and have been living together as partners for 36 years, so I don't have to go looking for someone to take to the movies. [happy grin]

We sometimes go to movies when we're on vacation, but that's usually in the fall and winter, not the summer. We usually stay around home in the summer.

sungod

That might work... My mailbox is four miles away, but I do visit it almost every day. Thanks.

WOW! Mine's just a short walk down the sidewalk, and I'm still lucky to make it as often as every other day :P

My partner and I almost always go to the movies together. We've know each other for 49 years and have been living together as partners for 36 years, so I don't have to go looking for someone to take to the movies. [happy grin]

Awww :wub:

That's awesome!! :D