Genghis Khan first to ban gay sex

BeaStKid

Yeah...

Sigh! And he even came to India. Wish he could have left his "fabulous" memories here :funny:

B) .............Well if I rely on my crusty world history, he was the greatest conquerer of all time.

An interesting article. I thought that part that theorized his motivation for banning gay sex to be a desire to expand his population was especially interesting. I'm certainly not saying I agree with it, but I do understand it. In fact I've always naturally assumed that this was also the motivation for any possible prohibition in Biblical times. It does somewhat make sense for an endangered population with a high mortality rate to actively encourage all of it's members to procreate.

What I do take issue with is that this strategy has in many cases failed to evolve. We are not in any danger of running out of people. Quite the opposite, I would much more readily argue for a strategy that would discourage people from reproducing prolifically (obviously I wouldn't endorse any such law since I think it would be a major violation of civil rights, but in general it would be a good idea for people to curb their population growth). Anyway, IMO if anything they should be giving us medals for usually not reproducing naturally and instead in many cases adopting/looking after kids that others can't handle/don't want.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely intend to be a parent, and while there's a good chance I'll opt to adopt I may look into other options for having kids biologically, but in any case at this point the world doesn't need me to reproduce biologically. Nor does it need the children of any of my GLBT brothers and sister nor the offspring of my straight cousins who don't want kids. That phase of our history is over, and unless there's a major worldwide disaster or we decide to colonize outer space, I don't see it coming again.

The other article was excellent as well! It's good to know that French society had made arrangements for non-traditional families :)

Just my opinions,

take care all and have an awesome day :)

Kevin

An interesting article. I thought that part that theorized his motivation for banning gay sex to be a desire to expand his population was especially interesting. I'm certainly not saying I agree with it, but I do understand it. In fact I've always naturally assumed that this was also the motivation for any possible prohibition in Biblical times. It does somewhat make sense for an endangered population with a high mortality rate to actively encourage all of it's members to procreate.

Of course it's all about making more babies. Most of Biblical Law is about keeping people alive (you can die from poorly cooked shellfish and pork, so don't eat them, put them on the banned list) and ensuring every guy does his duty and makes babies. If the husband dies, the wife goes to the brother who makes more babies.

It's all about fertility. Homosexual acts go against fertility and have to be banned. It's bad enough when you go down to the local pagan fertility temple and waste your seed, but to mess around with a member of your sect, both of them are wasting their seed and the whole suffers.

Carl :boy: