Mike Dies At The End

In my personal opinion, if anyone is browsing through this topic, I suggest them to just drop whatever they are doing and just go and read this story. I laughed so hard, pieces of food got stuck in my throat (guess I shouldnt have been reading this while eating my dinner). So I literally was choking with laughter but wth. This story is so hilarious, that...well I dunno what to say. Not going to spoil anything but my god. The spook familiars that appear...why cant every magical story have those specific familiars. Most hilarous part of story for me: What happened when Jason kept trying to write in Korean (part where I started choking). God this story literally made my day xD

EDIT: I write a whole description then forget to post the link. Silly me xD

Here it is: Mike Dies At The End

Small quote/paragraph from story:

Mike cracked open his backpack, which was more illustrative of his organizational skills than of its contents. "Oh, just the usual: Bible -- King James Version, of course, no self-respecting dark creature would be caught dead cowering in fear of anything but the one authentic Word of God in English -- holy water, an icon of the Virgin Mary, four butane lighters, couple feet of rope, an apple, Jim Beam -- cheaper than kerosene -- cell phone, my library card, couple paper clips, and a toothbrush." The holy water was in a plastic squirt bottle with DEFINITELY NOT HOLY WATER written on the side. Sometimes dark creatures were stupid. "Tools of the trade! Don't worry, we're trained professionals."
Edited by pitchan

Having only read a very small glimpse of MDATE, I couldn't say whether or not it's a good story or not. But, although it is clearly very different, it completely rips off David Wong, who wrote "John Dies at the End", which is the greatest book ever written.

The very beginning, the author says:

"Solving the following riddle will reveal the awful secret behind the universe, assuming you do not go utterly mad in the attempt. If you already happen to know the awful secret behind the universe, feel free to skip ahead."

This is an exact, word for word plagiarism from the beginning of JDATE.

Obviously the stories are different. None of the characters in JDATE are gay. And, MDATE might be an awesome story. I just know that I won't be able to read it.

I was about to say that If the author acknowledged that he was inspired by JDATE, I might reconsider, but then I saw at the end he said David Wong inspired it. So, I'll probably read it now. lol. Sorry, I can be confusing sometimes.

If you want to read the story that inspired it, go here!!!!!

John Dies at the End

Having only read a very small glimpse of MDATE, I couldn't say whether or not it's a good story or not. But, although it is clearly very different, it completely rips off David Wong, who wrote "John Dies at the End", which is the greatest book ever written.

The very beginning, the author says:

"Solving the following riddle will reveal the awful secret behind the universe, assuming you do not go utterly mad in the attempt. If you already happen to know the awful secret behind the universe, feel free to skip ahead."

This is an exact, word for word plagiarism from the beginning of JDATE.

Obviously the stories are different. None of the characters in JDATE are gay. And, MDATE might be an awesome story. I just know that I won't be able to read it.

I was about to say that If the author acknowledged that he was inspired by JDATE, I might reconsider, but then I saw at the end he said David Wong inspired it. So, I'll probably read it now. lol. Sorry, I can be confusing sometimes.

If you want to read the story that inspired it, go here!!!!!

John Dies at the End

Yes, the author has link to 'John Dies at the End' after the story ends, and mentions it to be based on that.

My description of the story is mediocore at best. But I find 'Mike Dies At the End' extremely funny and truly hilarious. xD

Edited by pitchan
  • 3 weeks later...