Recipes

Kurt

So... I like to eat a little... and I like to eat new and different things, but I like easy, and fun.

Does anyone have any good recipes that they would be willing to share with everyone?

• 2 weeks later...

No one has answered this? Wow. Um...something easy and tasty?

How about a simple recipie that my grandmother used to make for us.

You take a slice of ham (and I'm talking about the ham that you buy in the store on a bone, not the lunch meat) and place it into a greased skillet over medium heat. You cook it about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and how dark you want the cooked half.

Take the ham out of the pan, and keep the grease that you got from the cooked ham. Add some more butter and flour to make a rou (its a paste that smells rather...odd at first). Make sure it turns a nice light to medium brown, don't burn it. Add some water slowly, stiring the rou into it. Add a bit of corn startch if you want it nice and thick. Take some brown sugar to sweeten and taste. Heat up and you have ham and gravy. It's really good.

No one has answered this? Wow. Um...something easy and tasty?

How about a simple recipie that my grandmother used to make for us.

You take a slice of ham (and I'm talking about the ham that you buy in the store on a bone, not the lunch meat) and place it into a greased skillet over medium heat. You cook it about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and how dark you want the cooked half.

Take the ham out of the pan, and keep the grease that you got from the cooked ham. Add some more butter and flour to make a rou (its a paste that smells rather...odd at first). Make sure it turns a nice light to medium brown, don't burn it. Add some water slowly, stiring the rou into it. Add a bit of corn startch if you want it nice and thick. Take some brown sugar to sweeten and taste. Heat up and you have ham and gravy. It's really good.

B) .............That's great, except I don't eat pork :P my recipies are a bit more complicated..I'l try and find an easy one.

In a frying pan, place a 1/3rd stick butter, throw in corn tortillas (5) buttering both sides now I usually use either cheese or parmesean cheese placing in the middle of the tortilla, rolling them up, insert toothpick to "hold" them....and eat them :lol: (warning remove toothpick before eating :P )

Edited by Benji

Combine two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of lime juice, one teaspoon of dijon mustard, about a teaspoon of minced basil, a couple of garlic cloves (minced), a pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper in a large ziplock bag, mixing well. Add a pound of raw, peeled and devained, shrimp. Toss the bag around to coat shrimp in the marinade, let rest about five to ten minutes. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add shrimp and saute until pink, about five, six minutes.

Sharon

Preheat the oven on broil. Spread on a bread some cheeze whiz then get a piece of bacon. Get it in the oven on broil for about 2 mins.

B) ......Kurt, Call us back in two years and let us know your cholesterol level! :P

Edited by Benji

Food recipes i cannot share since i am the worlds worst cook! Unless its fast and can go into the microwave. Baking on the other hand is my strong suit. Must be cuz i get to wear a pretty apron JK JK!. My aunt always says when im baking with her that i will make some guy a nice "housewife" IF she only knew HA HA!. And now i dont know what recipe i want to share. I'll have to think on that.