coming close to 5000

moonwolf

Should we do something just special to celebrate when we reach 5000 members like a story/poetry/haiku extravagenza or something? we are at 4908 at the last count

what do you guys and girls think ?

92 more to go.

I was expecting a celebration thread congratulating everybody. But this is cool too. I'm ok with story, poetry and Haiku. :)

Btw, I don't know if the public is aware but this year we're having GA's 5th anniversary and we're having a special 'anniversary' anthology for this. :D

5000 members and 5th year... Great, huh?

Anyway, it's the admin who are going to decide (thank god :lol: )

Take care,

Ieshwar

92 more to go.

I was expecting a celebration thread congratulating everybody. But this is cool too. I'm ok with story, poetry and Haiku. :)

Btw, I don't know if the public is aware but this year we're having GA's 5th anniversary and we're having a special 'anniversary' anthology for this. :D

5000 members and 5th year... Great, huh?

Anyway, it's the admin who are going to decide (thank god :lol: )

Take care,

Ieshwar

I also expected a thread,, The story is nice, but maybe it leaves us not enough time.

Actually Ieshwar, I only know about the special 'anniversary' anthology because Tiger told me so. The announcement and the rules was a little to buried in the 200 anthology thread

I think that we are doing the Special Anthology with the theme being Anniversaries. The word limit, I think, is above 5k....but there is still a debate going on whether to make it 10k or not.

I'm up for a special thing for this feat...congrats to GA for hitting the 5k mark and that too on its 5th anniversary year... :)

BeaStKid :devil:

P.S

There are still 40 more to go, but seeing as I would most probably miss the celebration of the big event, I congratulated in advance... :)

I think that we are doing the Special Anthology with the theme being Anniversaries. The word limit, I think, is above 5k....but there is still a debate going on whether to make it 10k or not.

I'm up for a special thing for this feat...congrats to GA for hitting the 5k mark and that too on its 5th anniversary year... :)

BeaStKid :devil:

P.S

There are still 40 more to go, but seeing as I would most probably miss the celebration of the big event, I congratulated in advance... :)

we are 4940 members in my book that's 60 to go beastkid :P

I dunno, we're talking about new members,, we don't have that many new members per week.. Tho I agree, it won't be long,, I say between 3 weeks and a month

we went from 4908 on the 1st of february to 4969 as of today... so 2 weeks top :P

wanna bet ? B)

we went from 4908 on the 1st of february to 4969 as of today... so 2 weeks top :P

wanna bet ? B)

I say that it will happen when it happens. I don't think it will be long. Sometimes the volume of new membership is more than it is at other times. It will be interesting to find out exaclty when the 5000th member signs up. :D

We should do one of those things that shops supposedly do: "You are the lucky 10000th person to walk through these doors! You get a _____!" Although I can't think of what GA has in terms of give-away-able goodies. Maybe automatic hosted member status? haha... jk.

We should do one of those things that shops supposedly do: "You are the lucky 10000th person to walk through these doors! You get a _____!" Although I can't think of what GA has in terms of give-away-able goodies. Maybe automatic hosted member status? haha... jk.

I hope you're kidding. Being hosted is something to be earned, not handed out on a silver platter. ;)

Yep, there will be a special anthology this summer to celebrate GA's 5th anniversary. :) We're still thrashing out the details in the anthology forum, but it will be themed "anniversaries" and any kind would fit. :)

And yep, we are getting close to 5k! :2thumbs:

Actually we've had 6,366 members register so far, but over 1,300 of them have been deleted because they don't validate or their email address bounces ;)

so is our count really accurate or not ? I mean do all those e-mails works ?

Hahaha! I was thinking something like that too. A buncha bells and whistles and balloons dropping!

....we'll probably scare the poor new person so much he/she will run away :boy:

I hate to double post, but we are inching even closer with 4,971 members. :2thumbs:

If you really hate to double post you can always edit your previous post to add anything you've forgotten ;)

so is our count really accurate or not ? I mean do all those e-mails works ?

We haven't done an email check in a while so if we did one right now, we would probably roll back a hundred or so. It's accurate to the point of validation right now. Myr will probably let it get past 5000 before he does another one so we don't have to celebrate twice.

We haven't done an email check in a while so if we did one right now, we would probably roll back a hundred or so. It's accurate to the point of validation right now. Myr will probably let it get past 5000 before he does another one so we don't have to celebrate twice.

that's prolly a wise idea, we'd do down instead of going up.