v-day

Guest Lunary

hi my sisters b-day is coming on v-day just wanted to see if there was anyone else with that b-day

• Site Administrator

Valentine's Day is a special day for a birthday. :wub:

The Calendar (on the menu at the top right of the screen) shows four members with Feb 14th as their birthday. I also know some one whose anniversary is two days before Valentine's Day. They've got it well organised -- one member of the couple is responsible for the anniversary celebration and the other is responsible for the Valentine's Day celebration, alternating each year.

Does anyone else know of someone who has a special/appropriate day on or around Valentine's Day?

hi my sisters b-day is coming on v-day just wanted to see if there was anyone else with that b-day

My grandparents' anniversary is on V-day. Hmm, I think it'll be very close to 60 years this year! :D

Take care all and have an awesome day!

Kevin (who needs to find out exactly what anniversary it will be!)

a friend from high school and a friend from college were both born on v.day. another friend from college was born the day before on Valentine's Eve

I'm more curious to find out how many people were born on New Year's Day... how many others, like me, get free fireworks shows all over the country that announce their birthday? ^_^

There was a guy I knew in high school who's middle initial was V. Everyone thought it was Vincent because that was his dad's first name. Then I found out his birthday was on February 14. Aha! I asked him privately if his middle name was Valentine and that I'd never tell anyone, and he said 'yes'. He said he hated it, That he had to use it on documents that required a middle name and it was embarrassing. He said wanted to change it to Vincent, but his folks wouldn't said if he wanted to change it he'd have to wait until he was 18 and go to court and pay for it himself. I told him I didn't think it was a big deal, that it wasn't a bad middle name and he should just keep it that way. He said that I didn't have to live the middle name Valentine all my life. :P

Colin B)

There was a guy I knew in high school who's middle initial was V. Everyone thought it was Vincent because that was his dad's first name. Then I found out his birthday was on February 14. Aha! I asked him privately if his middle name was Valentine and that I'd never tell anyone, and he said 'yes'. He said he hated it, That he had to use it on documents that required a middle name and it was embarrassing. He said wanted to change it to Vincent, but his folks wouldn't said if he wanted to change it he'd have to wait until he was 18 and go to court and pay for it himself. I told him I didn't think it was a big deal, that it wasn't a bad middle name and he should just keep it that way. He said that I didn't have to live the middle name Valentine all my life. :P

Colin B)

On the other hand, he can thank his "lucky stars" that he wasn't born on Groundhog Day. 0:)

Seriously, I hope the Valentine's Day/birthday peeps have made reservations for that evening. :music: Do it soon to have a good table! Kevin, get some flowers. 60 years (or close) together is impressive. Me? I'm going to get a life.

Jack B)

Colin B)

Having Valentine as a middle name by itself it ain't that bad,, it's kinda sweet,, I've seen worse. I wouldn't change it. :P:P

personally, I regularly have a day off to celebrate my birthday,,, (thanksgiving). It's fun to have birthday close to holidays,, it makes it more special,, and it makes it harder for other to forget about it. hehe. Tho, the downside, it might be harder to make b-day parties as your friends have other things planned.

Having Valentine as a middle name by itself it ain't that bad,, it's kinda sweet,, I've seen worse. I wouldn't change it. :P:P

personally, I regularly have a day off to celebrate my birthday,,, (thanksgiving). It's fun to have birthday close to holidays,, it makes it more special,, and it makes it harder for other to forget about it. hehe. Tho, the downside, it might be harder to make b-day parties as your friends have other things planned.

My birthday is always 1-7 days after the American Thanksgiving. I love it when my b-day is on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday; because that means that my birthday is during a four-day weekend. :D I wouldn't want a b-day on Valentine's day.

It's fun to have birthday close to holidays, it makes it more special, and it makes it harder for other to forget about it. hehe.

Really? weird... usually people forget my birthday *because* it's on a holiday. I sometimes have friends who call to say Happy New Year and forget to say Happy Birthday. Makes for an amusing or awkward conversation, depending on whether I remind them or not! :stupid:

• Site Administrator
Really? weird... usually people forget my birthday *because* it's on a holiday. I sometimes have friends who call to say Happy New Year and forget to say Happy Birthday. Makes for an amusing or awkward conversation, depending on whether I remind them or not! :stupid:

I agree. One of my friends has his birthday on 2nd Jan. He's always had a lot trouble having a party because everyone is either partied out by then, or gone away.

• 2 weeks later...

Awww, lol, that sucks! :hug:

I agree. One of my friends has his birthday on 2nd Jan. He's always had a lot trouble having a party because everyone is either partied out by then, or gone away.

His solution could be to throw a big two day party in celebration of both events! :boy:

BTW, for anyone wondering, it turned out to be my grandparents' 61st anniversary! :great::2thumbs:

I hope everyone had a fun day!

-Kevin