Weird night...

Sigh, I'd almost forgotten what it was like to pull all nighters. Then I was reminded of it rather brutally last week. I've a feeling it'll happen again this week. But I'm basically okay until 4:00 am, at which my brain completely shuts down. Then, at around 6:00, I get over it and happily finish my problem sets. :D Sigh. I hate college.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were you able to get some sleep?

If I had an older man in my life there's no way I'd be getting any sleep. Twinks are fun but there's nothing like an older man when it comes to relationships. I'm looking forward to reading Mike and Winston if it's anything like the teaser in corvus' signature.

If I had an older man in my life there's no way I'd be getting any sleep. Twinks are fun but there's nothing like an older man when it comes to relationships. I'm looking forward to reading Mike and Winston if it's anything like the teaser in corvus' signature.

*snickers* Yeah, I've added him to my 'To Read' list. Right now, I'm off to read tiger. And I hope that you are able to get some rest tonight, Gary.

Thanks Rose. I need my sleep tonight. Tomorrow is another doctor visit. This one is a tilt-table test in which you get strapped to a table and spun every which way while having your blood pressure checked. I hope I pass out at some point cause then that will confirm my theory that a rapid drop in BP is what's been causing me to pass out. It happened again today and I collapsed on the sidewalk in front of the pharmacy. A nice man helped me to my feet and walked me into the pharmacy where my pharmacist took over. BP was 90/40. After a while it got up to 100/60 and I felt OK enough to continue on to the doctor appointment. If it is BP-related it's a good thing cause I've had hypertension and that'll mean I can be safely taken off my BP meds. Yay! :)

Thanks Rose. I need my sleep tonight. Tomorrow is another doctor visit. This one is a tilt-table test in which you get strapped to a table and spun every which way while having your blood pressure checked. I hope I pass out at some point cause then that will confirm my theory that a rapid drop in BP is what's been causing me to pass out. It happened again today and I collapsed on the sidewalk in front of the pharmacy. A nice man helped me to my feet and walked me into the pharmacy where my pharmacist took over. BP was 90/40. After a while it got up to 100/60 and I felt OK enough to continue on to the doctor appointment. If it is BP-related it's a good thing cause I've had hypertension and that'll mean I can be safely taken off my BP meds. Yay! :)

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get better dear. :hug: I personally will be writing out a story based off of my friends journals. The friend that I talked about in previous posts. It's time to purge my demons.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get better dear. :hug: I personally will be writing out a story based off of my friends journals. The friend that I talked about in previous posts. It's time to purge my demons.

I often purge demons through poetry. I have to be either really happy or really sad to write poetry. That makes my poetry either romantic or downright dark and venomous. I don't think I'll be having a weird night tonight. I might watch some more QAF on DVD, but then I'm going to bed. :D

I often purge demons through poetry. I have to be either really happy or really sad to write poetry. That makes my poetry either romantic or downright dark and venomous. I don't think I'll be having a weird night tonight. I might watch some more QAF on DVD, but then I'm going to bed. :D

I'm not really capable of writing poetry in general,, I really have to be in a certain mood, so ya, for me it's also mainly romantic ones (good or bad) when I do write some.

I'll prolly be doing some writing,, working on my serial since I've really been "bugged" about releasing the next chapter. :P

I'm not really capable of writing poetry in general,, I really have to be in a certain mood, so ya, for me it's also mainly romantic ones (good or bad) when I do write some.

I'll prolly be doing some writing,, working on my serial since I've really been "bugged" about releasing the next chapter. :P

I've been doing bits and pieces of both of my stories. Ugh... I have another idea too. I may have to turn it into a short story. :P

The test didn't go well. Actually I never had the test. I had another passing out episode this morning and I hit my head on the wall. Was out for about two hours. Had to call 911 and went to hospital. They observed me all day. Wanted to keep me overnight. I got my psydoc to talk them out of it cause at that point my psy-issues were worse than the other stuff cause they wouldn't give me the psymeds I need despite hours of promises and I was losing it. Had to get back home where I'll remained holed-up while I recharge my mental batteries. Then I'll go for the test again.

Tried to sleep after a brief chat with Tim when I got home.

It's 66.8 degrees in here but I felt like I was burning up.

So it looks like I'm awake for awhile.

Another weird night. :(

The test didn't go well. Actually I never had the test. I had another passing out episode this morning and I hit my head on the wall. Was out for about two hours. Had to call 911 and went to hospital. They observed me all day. Wanted to keep me overnight. I got my psydoc to talk them out of it cause at that point my psy-issues were worse than the other stuff cause they wouldn't give me the psymeds I need despite hours of promises and I was losing it. Had to get back home where I'll remained holed-up while I recharge my mental batteries. Then I'll go for the test again.

Tried to sleep after a brief chat with Tim when I got home.

It's 66.8 degrees in here but I felt like I was burning up.

So it looks like I'm awake for awhile.

Another weird night. :(

I hope you feel better. I know how you feel. I decided to rearrange my room. Needless to say, me being an author, I have paper scattered around my room. I slipped and fell onto my side table. So now, my arm and side are bruised. I don't think I'm sleeping tonight! So, lets be sleepless together.

I hope you feel better. I know how you feel. I decided to rearrange my room. Needless to say, me being an author, I have paper scattered around my room. I slipped and fell onto my side table. So now, my arm and side are bruised. I don't think I'm sleeping tonight! So, lets be sleepless together.

I enjoyed our IM tonight. But please, get a headset so we can Skype! :P

I'm still sleepless so I'm catching up on some favorite podcasts cause the hand with the IV in it is hurting real bad and I've done too much typing tonight so I needed some pain meds.

You're such a sweetheart Rose. I think we can do great things together as a team. And I look forward to getting to become better friends with you.

:wub:

I'm still sleepless so I'm catching up on some favorite podcasts cause the hand with the IV in it is hurting real bad and I've done too much typing tonight so I needed some pain meds.

You're such a sweetheart Rose. I think we can do great things together as a team. And I look forward to getting to become better friends with you.

Headsets are wonderful. Mine is actually USB. :P As for late nights, I'm going to try to got bed a lil earlier tonight.

First, I need to get a job. Maybe I can convince my mom to get me one for my birthday. ^_^

And I totally agree with you on that. I believe that we can do great things. I hope to continue to get to know you quite well to. :hug:

Has anyone else ever been there and done that?

I hope things are much better for you now, Gary :)

As for me, I have a weird sort of approach to sleep. I'm very committed to making sure I average at least 7-9 hours a night, unfortunately average seems to be the key word. Some nights I get considerably less and some nights considerably more.

Overall I try to make it work though, and most of the time I'm able to get at least 6 or 7, then I'll sleep in one day or go to bed very early and get a good 10-14.

My problem is that I pretty much never feel like going to sleep and I pretty much never feel like getting up.

There's almost never a night when staying up all night doesn't seem appealing, and even by morning I probably won't be tired. In a weird sort of way I don't "get tired". At least not in the "falling asleep", "I have to go to bed right now sense". So going to sleep is always something I have to make myself do.

The other problem is that I never want to wake up. Not in a depressed, suicidal way, I just almost never wake up feeling like getting out of bed. I'm almost always much much more tired than when I went to sleep. I almost always get in bed feeling perky and wake up feeling exhausted.

Oddly, about the only exception to waking up and feeling like getting out of bed is if I'd been drinking considerably the night before. For some reason it's always much easier for me to get up the next day. And it's not because I feel sick, I don't get hang overs. I think it's just a matter of the alcohol preventing me from sleeping deeply in the first place.

There's this really HOT and hung baseball player waiting for you in your dreams, if only you put your head on your pillow and go to sleep. He's going to make you feel so damn good if you just let him in by going to sleep...(Okay, it works for ME!)

Can mine be a hot swim guy instead? 0:)

That is quite interesting, but I would think that you would be good at writing female/female. I would actually read it. I do not know who else on GA would though. :lol:

Well I'd certainly love to read a good lesbian story!

Sigh, I'd almost forgotten what it was like to pull all nighters. Then I was reminded of it rather brutally last week. I've a feeling it'll happen again this week. But I'm basically okay until 4:00 am, at which my brain completely shuts down. Then, at around 6:00, I get over it and happily finish my problem sets. :D Sigh. I hate college.

Awww :(

Please don't do that! Research indicates that when it comes down to a choice between sleeping or studying, sleeping is almost always going to be better for your grade than studying!

I know I for example always got much more sleep around finals and midterms and it worked out well for me :)

Take care all and have a peaceful night!

-Kevin

I hope things are much better for you now, Gary

Thanks Kevin. I'll be alright in another day or so. Although with Tim around it's sometimes kinda hard to stay depressed. He had us both laughing so hard last night at jokes that he got yelled at for waking someone up. We tend to Skype instead of IM which makes it worse.

The other problem is that I never want to wake up. Not in a depressed, suicidal way, I just almost never wake up feeling like getting out of bed. I'm almost always much much more tired than when I went to sleep. I almost always get in bed feeling perky and wake up feeling exhausted.

I'm not really perky when I go to bed. It's just that normally I hate the thought of wasting time sleeping when there's so much to do. After a good night of sleeping though I do hate to get out of bed. It's so comfy and safe. It's like when I get out I know I have to face all the demons in the world.

Can mine be a hot swim guy instead?

When it comes to fantasies you may have anything you desire. Look over there to your right and you'll see your hot swim guy. He's just waiting for you to have your way with him. We'll see you in a few hours! :devil:

Thanks Kevin. I'll be alright in another day or so. Although with Tim around it's sometimes kinda hard to stay depressed. He had us both laughing so hard last night at jokes that he got yelled at for waking someone up. We tend to Skype instead of IM which makes it worse.

I'm not really perky when I go to bed. It's just that normally I hate the thought of wasting time sleeping when there's so much to do. After a good night of sleeping though I do hate to get out of bed. It's so comfy and safe. It's like when I get out I know I have to face all the demons in the world.

When it comes to fantasies you may have anything you desire. Look over there to your right and you'll see your hot swim guy. He's just waiting for you to have your way with him. We'll see you in a few hours! :devil:

First paragraph: it's so true. I was lucky I could read what he was sending me since I was laughing so hard I was crying. My mom looked at me like I was nuts.

Second Paragraph: Who's perky when they go to bed? Or wants to get out of bed? I'm not and if you were, I would wonder about you. I try not to do perky. Anytime I do perky, run for it. It means I've lost what little sanity I have left.

Third paragraph: Oh, so that means I can have a hot cheerleader on one side and the hot cholo from down the street on the other? *drools* :wub::funny:0:)

Third paragraph: Oh, so that means I can have a hot cheerleader on one side and the hot cholo from down the street on the other? *drools* :wub::funny:0:)

Like I stated, it's your fantasy. What about the front, back, top and bottom? :devil:

/me mumbles to self... innocent my ass!

Second Paragraph: Who's perky when they go to bed? Or wants to get out of bed? I'm not and if you were, I would wonder about you. I try not to do perky. Anytime I do perky, run for it. It means I've lost what little sanity I have left.

No perky! :o *gasp*

I admit it takes me a half hour or so to work up to perky in the morning, but I always get there by the end of breakfast ;)

It's another sleepless night. I got a new laptop but the HD has several damaged sectors. So while the XP Pro setup disk formatted the drive and copied the files to the HD, Windows would not start the installation cause it couldn't read NTFS.sys. So here I sit watching Spinrite repairing the HD so I can then start the whole process over again.

It's another sleepless night. I got a new laptop but the HD has several damaged sectors. So while the XP Pro setup disk formatted the drive and copied the files to the HD, Windows would not start the installation cause it couldn't read NTFS.sys. So here I sit watching Spinrite repairing the HD so I can then start the whole process over again.

Good luck with that dear heart. I'm going to be on for quite a while personally. I have a new song downloading and I'm in pain. Lots of pain.