Weird night...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I went to sleep way too early. Had some weird dreams that woke me up. So here it sit posting on GA when I'd rather be sleeping; sans dreams. :sleep:

*pounce* I was wondering why you were up so early. I'm about to go to bed myself. I've finished the first draft of a possible summer anthology submission and now, I'm emotionally drained.

I can't sleep. <sobs> I hate this. I'm going to be cranky. :thumbdown:

:hug: Poor baby! Don't worry, you're not the only person who can't sleep. Neither can I. I'm going to sit here and watch Coheed and Cambria's new video.

:hug: Poor baby! Don't worry, you're not the only person who can't sleep. Neither can I. I'm going to sit here and watch Coheed and Cambria's new video.

Part of it is my knee. It hurts. Plus my brain won't shut up. :(

Part of it is my knee. It hurts. Plus my brain won't shut up. :(

When you hurt, I hurt. Now quit doing those high impact aerobics and do something less stressful on, and much better for your body; go swimming. :wub:

Why won't your brain shut-up? Hopefully it's stories swirling around up there. If it's something else then let's IM or Skype when you wake up. I'll always be there for you Tim. And it doesn't just have to be about having fun either.

When you hurt, I hurt. Now quit doing those high impact aerobics and do something less stressful on, and much better for your body; go swimming. :wub:

Why won't your brain shut-up? Hopefully it's stories swirling around up there. If it's something else then let's IM or Skype when you wake up. I'll always be there for you Tim. And it doesn't just have to be about having fun either.

Same here, dear heart. If you wanna chat, just make the window blink at me. ^_^

I'm barely awake enough to be posting Rose. This seems like the middle of the night for me. :)

Why is it you keep getting up then? Aren't you supposed to be in bed then? Wait, never mind. I'm one to talk. I haven't even gone to bed yet.

Why is it you keep getting up then? Aren't you supposed to be in bed then? Wait, never mind. I'm one to talk. I haven't even gone to bed yet.

I went to bed early last night in anticipation of having my a/c system replaced this morning. When I went to sleep the first time I was awakened by disturbing dreams so I naturally headed here. I finally fell asleep again, but kept having bad dreams. So even though the a/c people won't be here until around 11AM here I am, up again. Not awake mind you, just out of bed. If I tried to go back to sleep now I'd surely sleep right through the a/c guys ringing my doorbell or pounding on the door. When I'm asleep almost no noise can wake me up. Many years ago when I was around ten the home of Spanish Consulate to Miami, who lived behind us, was bombed. I slept right though it. You should have seen the crater that bomb left. Looking back on it, the bomb was clearly meant more as a message than to do any actual harm. Still, it was loud enough that it awoke everyone in the neighborhood except me.

I went to bed early last night in anticipation of having my a/c system replaced this morning. When I went to sleep the first time I was awakened by disturbing dreams so I naturally headed here. I finally fell asleep again, but kept having bad dreams. So even though the a/c people won't be here until around 11AM here I am, up again. Not awake mind you, just out of bed. If I tried to go back to sleep now I'd surely sleep right through the a/c guys ringing my doorbell or pounding on the door. When I'm asleep almost no noise can wake me up. Many years ago when I was around ten the home of Spanish Consulate to Miami, who lived behind us, was bombed. I slept right though it. You should have seen the crater that bomb left. Looking back on it, the bomb was clearly meant more as a message than to do any actual harm. Still, it was loud enough that it awoke everyone in the neighborhood except me.

It sounds like you do what I do when it comes to reading. I've been told I'll read my way through World War 3 if given half the chance. I just kinda tune noises out and focus on the words. But then again, that's just me. With sleep, I can and have held complete conversations while sleeping. It's odd to wake up in the middle of a sentence.

That's fascinating! I'm surprised I had never heard of this before. Thank you, Old Bob :)

You are welcome.

If you want to try, go to : exercice autogenic training

but it's the same as all "meditation" techniques, you have to be patient, to follow the instructions and to be persevering :thumbup:

Good luck, and tell us the results :P

Edited by old bob