Weird night...

That's more than I was looking for. I was actually wondering if it was posted or not really. Yes, the caffine as finally kicked in and I can actually concetrate.

I'm glad that you and Tim worked things out and I hope that you both can continue to work together properly. :hug:

It was submitted for the anthology contest. Hopefully it will be published. I think it's safe to say I'll be working with Tim for as long as he can tolerate me.

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was submitted for the anthology contest. Hopefully it will be published. I think it's safe to say I'll be working with Tim for as long as he can tolerate me.

Thanks for telling me. And I hope that it will to. From the subtle hints at the subject, I think it will be a good story that hits where it should.

Here are a few hints for you from an occasional insomniac. When I follow these hints I actually get a fairly good night's sleep:

1. Stop drinking all forms of caffeine or intake of sugar products by 9:00 p.m. This includes NO Diet Dr. Pepper (or soda of your choice), and NO Ice Cream of any kind.

2. Do NOT start reading any books or online stories that have more than two chapters left to them.

3. Do not surf for more stories.

4. Do not cue up any thought-provoking shows or podcasts.

5. Prepare a sleepy-time playlist on your Ipod. Keep it full of nice slow songs that help with slowing your breathing and relaxing.

6. Realize you're not going to solve world hunger between midnight and three a.m. and go ahead and sleep. There's this really HOT and hung baseball player waiting for you in your dreams, if only you put your head on your pillow and go to sleep. He's going to make you feel so damn good if you just let him in by going to sleep...(Okay, it works for ME!)

Good luck! :)

Here are a few hints for you from an occasional insomniac. When I follow these hints I actually get a fairly good night's sleep:

1. Stop drinking all forms of caffeine or intake of sugar products by 9:00 p.m. This includes NO Diet Dr. Pepper (or soda of your choice), and NO Ice Cream of any kind.

2. Do NOT start reading any books or online stories that have more than two chapters left to them.

3. Do not surf for more stories.

4. Do not cue up any thought-provoking shows or podcasts.

5. Prepare a sleepy-time playlist on your Ipod. Keep it full of nice slow songs that help with slowing your breathing and relaxing.

6. Realize you're not going to solve world hunger between midnight and three a.m. and go ahead and sleep. There's this really HOT and hung baseball player waiting for you in your dreams, if only you put your head on your pillow and go to sleep. He's going to make you feel so damn good if you just let him in by going to sleep...(Okay, it works for ME!)

B) .............Everything on your list was going ok there for awhile, forgot about the ice cream......that's why I had a tough time last niight! :P

Edited by Benji

OK, the fist five make sense. But how do you expect me to sleep when I'm thinking about that hot and hung baseball player? I love baseball. Thinking about one of my favs waiting for me in my dreams would keep my mind so active I'd never get to sleep. I'd just be humping the sheets until something naughty happened. Maybe then I could get some sleep. :P

OK, the fist five make sense. But how do you expect me to sleep when I'm thinking about that hot and hung baseball player? I love baseball. Thinking about one of my favs waiting for me in my dreams would keep my mind so active I'd never get to sleep. I'd just be humping the sheets until something naughty happened. Maybe then I could get some sleep. :P

*high pitched, slightly squeaky laugh due to cold clogging sinues* Okay, I'm done, really I am. For the lesbian/bi girls out there, six should be:

6: Instead, think about the hot cheerleader/doctor/ect that is ready to pom-pom/examine/ect her way into your heart, and onto your body. *drools* Now I need a cold shower...*walks off muttering*

That is so true. Maybe one day, I will write a girl/girl story. Maybe. For now, I'll stick to my male/male stories.

Please pardon my ignorance. How and why do you write male/male stories? I mean, what's your point of reference for male/male stories?

Please pardon my ignorance. How and why do you write male/male stories? I mean, what's your point of reference for male/male stories?

Okay, first of all for those who don't know what I mean by male/male stories, what I mean when I say male/male stories, I'm talking about those stories that have a homosexual theme to them, even if there are no actual pairings.

Now, for the why I write male/male stories. I found myself at first writing stories with a mix of homosexual and straight couples. After that I found that I couldn't stand do straight couples without getting bitter about my own relationships so I switched to homosexual stories and found that I enjoyed reading and writing them better than straight fiction.

As to how, I have many, many friends who have been willing to help me write them. It also helps that my earliest memories include a family friend who died when I was younger. We still have his blanket. He was a sweet man and gay. Also, I read many, many stories before I even tried to write them. It's gotten to the point that I know what to write, and what not to write when it comes to them.

By the way, wonderful question dear.

Thanks for a thorough and patient explanation Rose. You know, maybe it's my own internal prejudices that I don't like to admit, but I've never considered reading a male/male story written by a woman. Now I'm thinking that it might be interesting to try reading something like that. I can understand not liking to write about straight relationships. But I guess one of many questions that still lingers in my mind is why you don't write stories that involve lesbian or bi women leaning male stories? Is there something about that which makes you uncomfortable? Another question I'm left with is what you meant about "no actual pairings." Does that mean it's just gay friends? Or are there relationships and you prefer not to write about sex? On a certain level I prefer stories where the sex isn't explicit. CJ, for example, and Jack Scribe as well often make it clear that something has happened without being graphic about it. There's something especially erotic about leaving something to the imagination. I suppose that's why, for example, I prefer the old-style horror films where much was left to the imagination. Alfred Hitchcock comes to mind. Thanks again for helping me expand my knowledge and horizons.

Thanks for a thorough and patient explanation Rose. You know, maybe it's my own internal prejudices that I don't like to admit, but I've never considered reading a male/male story written by a woman. Now I'm thinking that it might be interesting to try reading something like that. I can understand not liking to write about straight relationships. But I guess one of many questions that still lingers in my mind is why you don't write stories that involve lesbian or bi women leaning male stories? Is there something about that which makes you uncomfortable? Another question I'm left with is what you meant about "no actual pairings." Does that mean it's just gay friends? Or are there relationships and you prefer not to write about sex? On a certain level I prefer stories where the sex isn't explicit. CJ, for example, and Jack Scribe as well often make it clear that something has happened without being graphic about it. There's something especially erotic about leaving something to the imagination. I suppose that's why, for example, I prefer the old-style horror films where much was left to the imagination. Alfred Hitchcock comes to mind. Thanks again for helping me expand my knowledge and horizons.

You're very welcome, Gary.

Warning: I'm about to get a bit personal down below.

When a story like this is written by a woman, it usually turns out to be longer and usually has more emotions coming from the guys. No insult to the male authors out there, but that is my feelings and my experience. Sex wise, they tend to lean towards the one shot smut, or rather on the romantic side if any.

Now, the reasons why I haven't written lesbian or bi woman leaning towards men, is because at the time that I started to write stories like this, I was bi leaning towards men. Since then, it has changed. Okay, let's break this down into lez and bi.

Bi: Like I said, I am bi, and I used to date predominatly men. Those relationships really screwed up my mind, my emotions and my self confidence. In fact, I do have a story that is based off of my experiences with both sexes in the works, but it will take me time to get to actually writing it. It just hits to close to home right now and I'm not quite ready to face those demons.

Lez: Not quite as bad as Bi, but still something that I'm not quite ready to undertake, but for different reasons. I had a friend who was lez and had found a friend on the net. Needless to say, she meet the person. She ended up raped and found out that since it was another woman who did it, the police were cold to her. She commited suicide and the case is now a cold case. So, a bit to close to home. Maybe one day, I'll face that lose and write a story about it.

To sum it up, it's not that I don't want to, it's because I can't right now. To many fresh memories and still open wounds.

When I type 'No actual pairings,' I mean that the story has no pairings. They don't help the plot, so they aren't there. If you take CJ's fic Let the Music Play, that is a pairing fic. There is a couple in the main plot. But if a story without any pairing with the main character, but there are pairings, I would classify that as a side pairing. No pairings at all means just friends, family and others.

Yes, I agree with that there is something erotic when an author leaves your imagination to do the work. I do, on occasion, do straight forward sex scenes, but those are usually me scratching an itch and practicing my smut writing skills. I have one book that I am writing with a wonderful friend. Her name is GypsyBitch on here and she's here because of me. The book is composed mostly of sex, but that's because it's supposed to.

Anyways, my one shot 'My Cousin and I' has a hint of sex where originally it was supposed to have smut. It all depends on the story and the person writing it. I will read and write sex as long as it fits personally.

I hope that I got everything to your satisfaction.

Okay, first of all for those who don't know what I mean by male/male stories, what I mean when I say male/male stories, I'm talking about those stories that have a homosexual theme to them, even if there are no actual pairings.

Now, for the why I write male/male stories. I found myself at first writing stories with a mix of homosexual and straight couples. After that I found that I couldn't stand do straight couples without getting bitter about my own relationships so I switched to homosexual stories and found that I enjoyed reading and writing them better than straight fiction.

As to how, I have many, many friends who have been willing to help me write them. It also helps that my earliest memories include a family friend who died when I was younger. We still have his blanket. He was a sweet man and gay. Also, I read many, many stories before I even tried to write them. It's gotten to the point that I know what to write, and what not to write when it comes to them.

By the way, wonderful question dear.

That is quite interesting, but I would think that you would be good at writing female/female. I would actually read it. I do not know who else on GA would though. :lol:

That is quite interesting, but I would think that you would be good at writing female/female. I would actually read it. I do not know who else on GA would though. :lol:

Thank you. Like I posted above, some day perhaps, when I'm able to face my demons in peace.

Thanks Rose. That took courage to post in public. I admire you for that. Hopefully one day you can address those things that are too painful right now. I've seen other authors do it, sometimes without realizing it until I get to know them better. It can be quite therapeutic to write about it even if you never post it.

Thanks Rose. That took courage to post in public. I admire you for that. Hopefully one day you can address those things that are too painful right now. I've seen other authors do it, sometimes without realizing it until I get to know them better. It can be quite therapeutic to write about it even if you never post it.

It does and thank you for your admiration.

As to me writing it, I'm thinking I might write a one shot of it, but it will be slow coming out since it's such a touchie subject with me. Thank you for your words. They mean a lot. :hug:

It does and thank you for your admiration.

As to me writing it, I'm thinking I might write a one shot of it, but it will be slow coming out since it's such a touchie subject with me. Thank you for your words. They mean a lot. :hug:

If I can help in any way please let me know.

If I can help in any way please let me know.

If anything, right now, I'm going to write out my outline for the story and possible find another editor for it if Jason won't or can't do it for any reason. So maybe. Be my beta for when I finally get to writing it, if anything?

If anything, right now, I'm going to write out my outline for the story and possible find another editor for it if Jason won't or can't do it for any reason. So maybe. Be my beta for when I finally get to writing it, if anything?

I think I'd be honored to be your beta-reader. Whenever you're ready just let me know. I would love to beta for so many authors here. If only there were more time.

I think I'd be honored to be your beta-reader. Whenever you're ready just let me know. I would love to beta for so many authors here. If only there were more time.

Thank you. And I know what you mean. For now, I'm going to start offering my services for those who need a beta/editor. I've actually started to write the story. I've had to pull out her journals though to get the right...I guess you can call it voice.

You know that whole Day/Night sleep cycle thing? I used to have one. Seem to have lost it though.... I know I put it somehwere around here.

Just now had a night with no sleep... but I did sleep for about 5 hours during the day. But now I'm hungry... cos I didn't have any tea and I couldn't really bring myself to make pies and mushy peas at 4am so meh.

I'm fairly sure staying up all night does something strange to me... I end up hyper from the enck down and my head just gets pulled along for the ride :P .

Ummm....forgetten what else I was going to say. YAY fragmented post.

The word 'wubble' is a good word.

Martin

I couldn't really bring myself to make pies and mushy peas at 4am so meh.

Mmmm, meat pie floater!

I'm fairly sure staying up all night does something strange to me... I end up hyper from the enck down and my head just gets pulled along for the ride :P .

It's my eyes that drag their feet; everything else is firing on all cylinders.

Last night I planned on an early night so started thinking about bed at 22:00. I'd done quite a bit of physical stuff so thought it might be easier but still did a mini-workout before heading to shower and then bed. That early night was 00:30 and I got to sleep real quick.

Woke at 04:50 bright as a button and brain in hyperdrive, tried to ignore it and drift off into a fantasy about a certain someone but even that didn't help so by 05:10 was up and working.

It's now coming up for 08:00 and my eyes are suggesting a power-nap whilst my brain is suggesting a 24 hour coding marathon! I really really wish I had Commander Data's direct computer interconnect or Geordie LaForge's alternate vision sensors, or could borrow someone else's eyes. You'd think my eyes would be about worn out by now but somehow I've maintained 20/20 vision.

I'll join the club of not sleeping people, I just have trouble finding sleep at times if I don't have sacha next to me and even when he sleeps with me I can't sleep properly since he's so cute when he sleeps :P or when I have too many things in mind, ugh I just over-analyze so much at times

that happens as well when I'm too involved in a story, on my ps2, just writing on my blog, poetry(thank you Sacha sweetie it's partly because of you I can't sleep tonight), story writing (thank you Rose you're the other reason if i can't sleep :P ), editing or just making plans

the next day I have my ups and down when it goes to energy levels, taking a walk usually helps or a light meal and thank god for the invention of coffee!!!

I'll join the club of not sleeping people, I just have trouble finding sleep at times if I don't have sacha next to me and even when he sleeps with me I can't sleep properly since he's so cute when he sleeps :P or when I have too many things in mind, ugh I just over-analyze so much at times

that happens as well when I'm too involved in a story, on my ps2, just writing on my blog, poetry(thank you Sacha sweetie it's partly because of you I can't sleep tonight), story writing (thank you Rose you're the other reason if i can't sleep :P ), editing or just making plans

the next day I have my ups and down when it goes to energy levels, taking a walk usually helps or a light meal and thank god for the invention of coffee!!!

Ah, so you're Sacha's partner? If so it's a pleasure to meet you. Rose is a darling. It's great fun getting to know her better. I'm once again having problems with sleep. It's now been two days without sleep and it's really taking its toll.

:hug: Poor baby. And it's not my fault that I like to encourage people to explore their creative side. I still can't wait to read what you write, and my offer still stands. You've already helped me quite a bit with my stories.

And yes, thank God for Coffee! I personally have been up since 6, 5:30 to 6 was in a sleep caused haze, so it doesn't count. It's now 7:23 and I'm heading off to go food shopping soon. Yay. *hear the sarcasm* Oh! Editing of pointless smut! Yay!

Ah, so you're Sacha's partner? If so it's a pleasure to meet you. Rose is a darling. It's great fun getting to know her better. I'm once again having problems with sleep. It's now been two days without sleep and it's really taking its toll.

Ah! It's a pleasure to getting to know you to, dear! :hug: I hope you can get some sleep. If anything, take a nap early in the morning, before 2 preferably, and then try to get some sleep tonight. I hope things work out with you.

And look, I have sweet friends! :wub: