[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings 5: When Worlds Collide

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent chapters, Please Cody do not quit your job, Probably a cool gig, think Eric will save his job or something.

and another cliffe, something tells me him and Julie have broke up or they cannot hang out as much or cannot flirt anymore.

Looks like im going to start reading cj's story soon.

• Site Administrator

Great chapter Steve :worship:

I loved it. Overall I think it was the first chapter where I wasn't left wondering if Cody was OK. It appears that he had a very good weekend, and that is even without the minor cliffhanger at the end with Joe. What is the worse that can happen, Cody has to decide who to pursue, Joe or Damon :blink: ?

The chapter was really interesting in the fact that we got to share an experience between two character, Cody and Eric, from different POV's. I felt that the experience was more significant for Cody, where as to Eric it was just another experience chalked up to Tequila.

I do believe CLiF has nothing to worry about, where as SPICE may have a grievance or two with Cody feeding Eric more tequila.

One thing that kind of PO'd me :angry: , was Julie's reaction when Joe stepped out of the shower and realized Julie was there and not Cody. "Should I get tested" is about as ignorant statement that could have come out of her mouth. I'm glad that Joe was offended at it for what it was intended. If she is now gone out of Joe's life (only you know), then good riddance.

Lot's more to discuss, but will save some for later.

Thank you very much for this chapter :P

Steve B)

Drewbie, our paths have crossed in a manner of speaking. I have been reading Let the Music Play by C James and, when I finished the latest chapter, I was so intrigued by the character Cody that I had to read all five chapters released of Dreams and Clipped Wings. It is a great story which I will be following from now on.

I think you will enjoy LTMP; it's totally different from this story. I assure you Eric is a cool guy. I believe he really is straight but he does get bent a little by tequila.

I am impressed that Shadowgod and C James collaborated on their stories and that much of the dialog and action in their current respective chapters meshes so well. Shadowgod's earlier chapters also lead flawlessly to chapter 5 in revealing Cody's infatuation with Eric.

Happy reading!

Excellent chapters, Please Cody do not quit your job, Probably a cool gig, think Eric will save his job or something.

and another cliffe, something tells me him and Julie have broke up or they cannot hang out as much or cannot flirt anymore.

Cody's temp job as security is over for now; the band is moving on to the next city on their tour so it has to be. I definitly agree that Cody shoudn't quit the bagelry! That's becoming a home for him in many ways, as well as a huge part of his finances.

Great chapter Steve :worship:

I loved it. Overall I think it was the first chapter where I wasn't left wondering if Cody was OK. It appears that he had a very good weekend, and that is even without the minor cliffhanger at the end with Joe. What is the worse that can happen, Cody has to decide who to pursue, Joe or Damon :blink: ?

The chapter was really interesting in the fact that we got to share an experience between two character, Cody and Eric, from different POV's. I felt that the experience was more significant for Cody, where as to Eric it was just another experience chalked up to Tequila.

I do believe CLiF has nothing to worry about, where as SPICE may have a grievance or two with Cody feeding Eric more tequila.

One thing that kind of PO'd me :angry: , was Julie's reaction when Joe stepped out of the shower and realized Julie was there and not Cody. "Should I get tested" is about as ignorant statement that could have come out of her mouth. I'm glad that Joe was offended at it for what it was intended. If she is now gone out of Joe's life (only you know), then good riddance.

Lot's more to discuss, but will save some for later.

Thank you very much for this chapter :P

Steve B)

AHHEM! Wildone, please, don't ask questions like the highlighted one! Asking "what is the worst thing that can happen", in a Shadowgod story, is QUITE LITERALLY tempting the Devil Himself! :P

I think I agree with you about Julie... To me, she came across in a poor light, especially, to me, for stringing Joe along until she finds someone new (and she's clearly out looking).

My own personal theory on the CLIFFHANGER is that Joe found something on Cody's computer.

And ahhh, what might have happened had Cody heard Joe's invite to the shower?

It was interesting seeing Damon again... Cody seems to be interested too.

Drewbie, our paths have crossed in a manner of speaking. I have been reading Let the Music Play by C James and, when I finished the latest chapter, I was so intrigued by the character Cody that I had to read all five chapters released of Dreams and Clipped Wings. It is a great story which I will be following from now on.

I think you will enjoy LTMP; it's totally different from this story. I assure you Eric is a cool guy. I believe he really is straight but he does get bent a little by tequila.

I am impressed that Shadowgod and C James collaborated on their stories and that much of the dialog and action in their current respective chapters meshes so well. Shadowgod's earlier chapters also lead flawlessly to chapter 5 in revealing Cody's infatuation with Eric.

Happy reading!

The collaboration was fun! It was Shadowgod's idea, from quite some time ago. However, we had to wait until LTMP got to San Francisco. LoL.

Oh, I've got to remark on the name of the club Julie went to: The Petting Zoo! ROFL!

Hrmm, I loved the bater between Cody and Joe, but Cody's brief encounter with Julie was my favorite. Cody was twisting her tail but good. LoL. The regret that he hadn't wet his hair was hilarious.

Happy reading!

If you have read FTL, you read a mention of another one of Shadowgod's stories. In fact, I would go as far as to call it his best! You owe it to yourself to read LiS. It remains one of my favorites. I need to read it for the second time. :wub:

As always, a gem of a chapter... I would not like to compare, but I must say that I enjoyed this viewpoint much better than the LTMP, for the only reason that here, the plot advanced quite quickly!! :blink:

Dang! Julie did walk in a the wrong time! And Damon is sooooo cute!! :wub: Such a hot kiss!! double :wub:

I think I need to take a cold shower!! :P;)

:2thumbs:

Cliffhanger at the end was soooo mean!! :angry: But that just makes me scream, I WANT MORE!! ;)

BeaStKid

Cody's temp job as security is over for now; the band is moving on to the next city on their tour so it has to be. I definitly agree that Cody shoudn't quit the bagelry! That's becoming a home for him in many ways, as well as a huge part of his finances.

B) ......I think Eric will make sure Cody is back for another show, he may even tip him :rolleyes:

AHHEM! Wildone, please, don't ask questions like the highlighted one! Asking "what is the worst thing that can happen", in a Shadowgod story, is QUITE LITERALLY tempting the Devil Himself! :P

:(........Absolutely, Steve what are you thinking?

I think I agree with you about Julie... To me, she came across in a poor light, especially, to me, for stringing Joe along until she finds someone new (and she's clearly out looking).

B).......Hopefully she does the right thing and breaks with Joe.

My own personal theory on the CLIFFHANGER is that Joe found something on Cody's computer.

B)......Nah!!

And ahhh, what might have happened had Cody heard Joe's invite to the shower?

It was interesting seeing Damon again... Cody seems to be interested too.

B)...........Damon and Cody may get togeather again, but I don't think its going to last.

The collaboration was fun! It was Shadowgod's idea, from quite some time ago. However, we had to wait until LTMP got to San Francisco. LoL.

B)..........It sure made interesting read with both chapters coming out the same time.

Oh, I've got to remark on the name of the club Julie went to: The Petting Zoo! ROFL!

B).......Saw that!! LOL

Hrmm, I loved the banter between Cody and Joe, but Cody's brief encounter with Julie was my favorite. Cody was twisting her tail but good. LoL. The regret that he hadn't wet his hair was hilarious.

B)............But she is already suspicious of Cody & Joe, her remark that "should she get tested"

As always, a gem of a chapter... I would not like to compare, but I must say that I enjoyed this viewpoint much better than the LTMP, for the only reason that here, the plot advanced quite quickly!! :blink:

Dang! Julie did walk in a the wrong time! And Damon is sooooo cute!! :wub: Such a hot kiss!! double :wub:

Cliffhanger at the end was soooo mean!! :angry: But that just makes me scream, I WANT MORE!! ;)

BeaStKid

Don't forget the ice. :P

Cliffhangers are wonderful actually. I don't know why people complain about evil cliffhangers. I personally only use them rarely, but I have grown to appreciate them. :)

Don't forget the ice. :P

Cliffhangers are wonderful actually. I don't know why people complain about evil cliffhangers. I personally only use them rarely, but I have grown to appreciate them. :)

B) ...........Clffhangers are great, they (people) only complain because it makes them want more chapters....NOW

If you have read FTL, you read a mention of another one of Shadowgod's stories. In fact, I would go as far as to call it his best! You owe it to yourself to read LiS. It remains one of my favorites. I need to read it for the second time. :wub:

Heartily seconded! Shadowgod's Living in Surreality is superb!

Oh, BTW, for those that are unawares of the coincidence, Blackheart is one of Shadowgod's prior names. It is also, quite coincidentally, the name of a character in my story For the Love. 0:)

BeaStKid

I am glad to see that I am not alone in declaring a CLIFFFHANGER in this chapter!

Indeed, I have to admit, I very much enjoyed this chapter, more so than LTMP 34; seeing my own characters through someone else's eyes was a unique experience for me. His Shadowyness also did his usual superb job! :)

Just wanted to say I think you did an awesome job collaborating the different POV's. Can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Thanks Lissa! It was a blast! :2thumbs:

Now, hrmmm, WHAT is going on at Cody's apartment? What what what?!?! Joe seemed very serious so I doubt it is any sort of good news.

I think the Cody Liberation Front should look into this matter! Cody has suffered far too much already; the last thing he needs is more stress!

Heartily seconded! Shadowgod's Living in Surreality is superb!

Oh, BTW, for those that are unawares of the coincidence, Blackheart is one of Shadowgod's prior names. It is also, quite coincidentally, the name of a character in my story For the Love. 0:)

Well, there may be other coincidental appearances of the name elsewhere. 0:)

And yes, LiS is definitely superb. Anyone who has not read it should definitely do so like right now! :D

Well, there may be other coincidental appearances of the name elsewhere. 0:)

And yes, LiS is definitely superb. Anyone who has not read it should definitely do so like right now! :D

B) .........I think Blackheart will rise from the ashes in LTMP II

• Site Administrator
B) .........I think Blackheart will rise from the ashes in LTMP II

I do believe that Blackheart is alive and well, writing stories on the internet living in California :blink: . But it would be interesting to have LTMPII Revenge of Blackheart.

So a couple of questions I have regarding DnCW so far, I may have missed the answers, so help me out if you can...

Johnathan - his name comes up a couple of times in the story so far, but who is he? Why does it seem that everyone dislikes him?

Damon - so we know he is a H/S wrestler with a great bod, and really wants Cody's attention. Where did they meet? Was it at the rec centre and he is one of the underprivileged kids that Cody is helping out?

Val - we got a glimpse of her when she was talking with Julie. Is Val supporting Julie in her breaking up with Joe? How close of friends are they? Was she with Julie at the Petting Zoo when Julie was dirty dancing?

Julie - what kind of person is she really? We know that she isn't being totally faithful or honest with Joe, but seems to come over for some loving when she wants it. Also, she seems to have a few derogatory comments about Cody, and it seems to be more than just a little dislike of him. Is she homophobic, or is it just Cody that she doesn't like?

Saul - so far a hero based on the fact that he dealt with a mangy goat, that tormented him from Arizona. Also possibly acting as a father figure, without stepping over the line. He seemed comfortable enough asking about the possibility of Damon, so he must be comfortable with Cody. But does he know anything about the demons in Cody's life, and will he step in if Cody follows a self destructive path?

Well those are my observations so far and the questions that I have currently.

Any ideas?

Steve B)

I do believe that Blackheart is alive and well, writing stories on the internet living in California :blink: . But it would be interesting to have LTMPII Revenge of Blackheart.

Sorry, Blackheart will be back, but in FTL II :P

Yes, last we heard, he was brain-damaged due to flying off a cliff on a motorcycle, and was living in California writing stories on the internet. There was also a reference to one of them in LTMP: Brandon was outed to his parents becuase he was reading a story about a guy and his dirt-bike... (Shot of Bourbon, the early chapters of which were posted on the net by Blackheart) . 0:)

So a couple of questions I have regarding DnCW so far, I may have missed the answers, so help me out if you can...

Johnathan - his name comes up a couple of times in the story so far, but who is he? Why does it seem that everyone dislikes him?

Cody's sorta-boyfreind in the beginning of the story. Hyper possessive, seemed a bit unbalanced to me. Bad news IMHO. We don't know if he'll be back in the story or not.

Damon - so we know he is a H/S wrestler with a great bod, and really wants Cody's attention. Where did they meet? Was it at the rec centre and he is one of the underprivileged kids that Cody is helping out?

Good question... I think it might have been at the bagelry, but, cody's question about the phone number belies that. I don't know...

Val - we got a glimpse of her when she was talking with Julie. Is Val supporting Julie in her breaking up with Joe? How close of friends are they? Was she with Julie at the Petting Zoo when Julie was dirty dancing?

Good question! I wish I knew the answer! My guess is that Val knows Julie, but might have met Joe but not often. I don't think she knows that Cody exists, or that he's THE Cody Jacob knew.

Julie - what kind of person is she really? We know that she isn't being totally faithful or honest with Joe, but seems to come over for some loving when she wants it. Also, she seems to have a few derogatory comments about Cody, and it seems to be more than just a little dislike of him. Is she homophobic, or is it just Cody that she doesn't like?

My guess is that Julie is at least a little homophobic, based on the "queeny" remark and the "should i get tested".

Saul - so far a hero based on the fact that he dealt with a mangy goat, that tormented him from Arizona. Also possibly acting as a father figure, without stepping over the line. He seemed comfortable enough asking about the possibility of Damon, so he must be comfortable with Cody. But does he know anything about the demons in Cody's life, and will he step in if Cody follows a self destructive path?

Grrrr :P

Yes, he seems very OK with Cody's sexuality. I don't know if he'll step in or not, but its clear someone will need to.

Cody's sorta-boyfreind in the beginning of the story. Hyper possessive, seemed a bit unbalanced to me. Bad news IMHO. We don't know if he'll be back in the story or not.

Possessive is definitely not a good thing. As a matter of CLiFf I must state firmly my objections to Cody being with a possessive jerk.

Good question! I wish I knew the answer! My guess is that Val knows Julie, but might have met Joe but not often. I don't think she knows that Cody exists, or that he's THE Cody Jacob knew.

My guess is that Julie is at least a little homophobic, based on the "queeny" remark and the "should i get tested".

Well, Julie does have a right to be somewhat concerned. There are guys out there who cheat. Joe does not seem to be one of them, but that type of thing can be devastating. I actually addressed such devastation in a story recently (though in the context of the story, it was not actually "cheating"). Getting back to the topic at hand... Julie is not a nice girl, and Joe should drop her and go after Cody instead. B)

Geesh, where has the time gone?

First I have to clear up something that the goat stepped in, and trailed through-out the thread. :P The Petting Zoo is the name of the club Damon's friend was playing in, not the club Julie was at.

in other musings

Sorry, Blackheart will be back, but in FTL II :P

Yes, last we heard, he was brain-damaged due to flying off a cliff on a motorcycle, and was living in California writing stories on the internet. There was also a reference to one of them in LTMP: Brandon was outed to his parents becuase he was reading a story about a guy and his dirt-bike... (Shot of Bourbon, the early chapters of which were posted on the net by Blackheart) . 0:)

That is going just to far goat! I didn't realize you made reference to Blackheart, I thought it was just a reference to Shot of Bourbon. What is it you keep saying about people wrongly attacking you; labeling you with undeserved titles and such?

Other then that, this convergence in place and time of the story-lines was a blast! There was some talk equating Cody with jerry, but I think that is just going too far as well. The two characters definitely had different intentions. Jerry (from LtMP) just wanted to rape Eric for information. Cody on the other hand just wanted to... lets say, get to know Eric better. Yeah I'm going with that set-up. :)

He almost succeeded too! Helen however, had to do what she does best and stick her pointy finger in the middle of it. Shame on Helen!!

Julie, yeah Julie had a snide remark. Can you blame her though? what with Cody's passive-aggressive commentary in the stair-well? I don't agree with her assertion that he got "queeny", after all there was no finger snapping, or scathing looks. He did come off less then friendly towards her in the exchange. Add to it twice (that we know of) she has walked into a suggestive comment obviously not intended for her, how would any of you react given the situation? Sure the tested remark was a little snarky, but I don't think she was too off base in relating her fears. Communication in relationships is, after all, key to their longevity.

Other then that, this convergence in place and time of the story-lines was a blast! There was some talk equating Cody with jerry, but I think that is just going too far as well. The two characters definitely had different intentions. Jerry (from LtMP) just wanted to rape Eric for information. Cody on the other hand just wanted to... lets say, get to know Eric better. Yeah I'm going with that set-up. :)

:(............I couldn't figure out how anyone could try and equate Jerry & Cody in the same breathe!!

He almost succeeded too! Helen however, had to do what she does best and stick her pointy finger in the middle of it. Shame on Helen!!

:(.........Had she been a "polite person" she would have immediately excused herself and saved her "tirade" on Eric for later. She gets no brownie points from me this week!

Julie, yeah Julie had a snide remark. Can you blame her though? what with Cody's passive-aggressive commentary in the stair-well? I don't agree with her assertion that he got "queeny", after all there was no finger snapping, or scathing looks. He did come off less then friendly towards her in the exchange. Add to it twice (that we know of) she has walked into a suggestive comment obviously not intended for her, how would any of you react given the situation? Sure the tested remark was a little snarky, but I don't think she was too off base in relating her fears. Communication in relationships is, after all, key to their longevity.

B)............Sounds like she was already looking for a fight on the way up to the apartment, and Cody just being Cody just rubbed her the wrong way, still she was looking for an excuse for a fight.

B) ...........Well his Shadowynees has given us some insight of more to come, still haven't heard from his brother, whom I feel is a good guy in all this. Can't wait for anothe chapter of "Dreams and Cliffed Wings" Thanks!!

Edited by Benji

First I have to clear up something that the goat stepped in, and trailed through-out the thread. :P The Petting Zoo is the name of the club Damon's friend was playing in, not the club Julie was at.

Yes indeed, I did mess that one up! Ooops... <blush>

Ah well, at least I didn't make a truly horrendous goof, like putting The Castro in the waterfront financial district or something. LoL

That is going just to far goat! I didn't realize you made reference to Blackheart, I thought it was just a reference to Shot of Bourbon. What is it you keep saying about people wrongly attacking you; labeling you with undeserved titles and such?

It was a reference to Shot of Bourbon, BUT, what was the name of the author when the first two chapters of Shot of Bourbon were posted? That would be Blackheart. :P

ROFL!!

Yes, indeed it was a blast. I'll also mention that all Cody did was to suggest a kiss. And I take objection to the use of the word "rape" regarding Jerry's tequilaing of Eric... That makes Jerry sound like a monster! All he was doing was digging for a little information. :P

Helen was mainly upset by te tequila. Cody, however, didn't know that. Poor Cody, caught AGAIN.

Hrmmm, I hate to admit it, but His Shadowyness might have a point. People do say unkind things when upset, and she was clearly perturbed by the comment from Joe, again. Also, Joe's unease the first time it happened would sure as heck make her wonder.

B) ...........Well his Shadowynees has given us some insight of more to come, still haven't heard from his brother, whom I feel is a good guy in all this. Can't wait for anothe chapter of "Dreams and Cliffed Wings" Thanks!!

Indeed! Very much looking forward to Dreams & Cliffed Wings 6 here too!!!

I'm wondering what is up with Benji... Now we know that he was unaware of the money theft by Cody's Mother (Whom I think has to be the most evil character I've yet encountered, though Catherine Harris is some damn tough competition for that "honor")

BTW, given the eeevil Cliffhanger at the end of chapter 5, it's plain to see why the story is called Dreams and Cliffed Wings!

you guys keep up with this cliffed wings business.... someone may have an accident, thats all I am saying. A goat may fall for a precarious perch or something.

I never called it that at all. I still call it by it's true name. Maybe that makes me a bit of a brown-noser.

you guys keep up with this cliffed wings business.... someone may have an accident, thats all I am saying. A goat may fall for a precarious perch or something.

B) ...........Ah, which goat is that? The one hanging around a cliff? Or the one hanging on a wll at a bagel shop? BTW, I'm innocent, just a bad speller 0:)

ACK! He's threatening his characters! That's EEEVIL!! See? I keep telling y'all that he's evil, and here's further proof!

I'll also say that as this threat could well be directed at Cody, the Cody Liberation Front should address this issue forthwith!

I'll also mention the His Shadowyness put Cody in a perilous, life-threatening situation in DnCW5! Surely the Cody Liberation Front must act? (I'm referring to Cody almost getting garroted, though His Shadowyness only alluded to it in DnCW 5; the road boss reaching into his pocket (which is where he keeps his garroting wire).

So, what sayeth the members of the Cody Liberation Front regaring these outrages? Save Cody!

B) ...........Ah, which goat is that? The one hanging around a cliff? Or the one hanging on a wll at a bagel shop? BTW, I'm innocent, just a bad speller 0:)

But that can't mean me; Everyone knows that I'd never have anything to do with a cliff!

Yes, His Shaddowyness must learn to be more tolerant of typos. He's so unreasonable over little things like that. 0:)

ACK! He's threatening his characters! That's EEEVIL!! See? I keep telling y'all that he's evil, and here's further proof!

I'll also say that as this threat could well be directed at Cody, the Cody Liberation Front should address this issue forthwith!

I'll also mention the His Shadowyness put Cody in a perilous, life-threatening situation in DnCW5! Surely the Cody Liberation Front must act? (I'm referring to Cody almost getting garroted, though His Shadowyness only alluded to it in DnCW 5; the road boss reaching into his pocket (which is where he keeps his garroting wire).

So, what sayeth the members of the Cody Liberation Front regaring these outrages? Save Cody!

But that can't mean me; Everyone knows that I'd never have anything to do with a cliff!

Yes, His Shaddowyness must learn to be more tolerant of typos. He's so unreasonable over little things like that. 0:)

B) ...........I'm sure his comments were not directed at you CJ :whistle: and you should never be ashamed of being a cliff dweller. BTW when is the next chapter of "Dreams & Cliffed Wings due out? :rolleyes: