gay icon !

Andy2008

I just wonder , if we were gay , so what kind of the taste music we are ...? Is that diferrence with other ?

I mean , almost my str8 friend they like Rock and Roll , so , im not ...Some like Hip hop and Rap , and i extremly can't stand it ...I lke dance and ballad , some country ... I had a lesbian friend , i and her had same taste in music , we both like Kylie Minougue , Briney Spears ...

Otherwise , i just want to ask about gay icon , do you had any favorite your gay's singer ?

i known , almost 90% gay guys , they were like Kylie Minoggue , basicly , Kylie acknowledges the gay community throughout the world by performing at gay venues and events ...Almost on her show , the audience was gay , and if you see her video clip , i tent to be gay , too . Slow was example , and on her show

Here :

and Britney Spears also , all her song easily to relate to gay thought and alot of her fan was gay ...

Is that just coincide ?

I like Cher ironically. Does that count? I can't hear "Believe" without busting out in a fit of giggles. Hee! Cher.

Anyway. I don't normally care for the more, I dunno, stereotypical gay things/artists like Kylie or Britney or Project Runway or whatnot. Hell, I was deemed not gay enough to be on reality TV, hahaha.

I love Kylie Minogue! My taste in music is what some would call ecclectic. Some of it is stereotypically gay while the rest would probably make some question my credentials. I am a huge rock fan, and I like to listen to R&B/Hip Hop. But then, I love classical music, and I love my pop divas. What can I say? I love music, except for polka and elevator music. :D I also have to love Judy Garland, Celine Dion, and Bette Midler.

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger

Okay I'm not gay, but ABBA, Madonna, and Jamie Oliver... :D

B) ...............I loved Elton John wayyyyyyy back before I even knew he was gay!! :o His "Tumbleweed Connection" album (yes, vinyl)

Your sexuality has nothing to do with your taste in music. Gay people are all individuals with their own minds and taste.

For example, I would rather face a CIA waterboard than be forced to listen to show tunes. The only dancing I do is when my feet are on fire.

There's really no telling what you'll find in my CD player [but I gaurantee you it won't be rap or hip-hop]. It may be old school: the Doors, Pink Floyd, Yes, Jimi Hendrix, Supertramp, Queen, Led Zepplin... It might be something newer like Tool, NIN, Staid, Seether, Disturbed, Skinny Puppy, Soundgarden or Stone Temple Pilots.

Your sexuality has nothing to do with your taste in music. Gay people are all individuals with their own minds and taste.

For example, I would rather face a CIA waterboard than be forced to listen to show tunes. The only dancing I do is when my feet are on fire.

There's really no telling what you'll find in my CD player [but I gaurantee you it won't be rap or hip-hop]. It may be old school: the Doors, Pink Floyd, Yes, Jimi Hendrix, Supertramp, Queen, Led Zepplin... It might be something newer like Tool, NIN, Staid, Seether, Disturbed, Skinny Puppy, Soundgarden or Stone Temple Pilots.

B) ..........LOL, I still have all my "old" vinyls your right Pink Floyd, Yes. BOC Led Zepplin, Supertramp, Doors, etc.......etc..... I do like some of the newer stuff Red Chili Peppers and more.

I happen to like most of those bands too. I tell everyone openly that I am eclectic. Right now I'm listening to The Rolling Stones. I just, for the most part, love music. Do I like some stereotyically gay music? Yes I do, but I also like most other music. B) Then again, I bet there are some str8 guys who are fans of Celine Dion. They're probably closeted Celine fans though. :P

I love Kylie Minogue! My taste in music is what some would call ecclectic. Some of it is stereotypically gay while the rest would probably make some question my credentials. I am a huge rock fan, and I like to listen to R&B/Hip Hop. But then, I love classical music, and I love my pop divas. What can I say? I love music, except for polka and elevator music. :D I also have to love Judy Garland, Celine Dion, and Bette Midler.

Overall, it sounds a lot like my taste in music, and this is generally born out by your selections in "What Are You Listening To"

Actually though I don't care for Celine at all.

I'm very very eclectic with my taste in music - and most things for that matter - as well.

I think my favourite genre would have to be modern, slightly alternative rock, but I like music from almost all genres and eras.

In general the things I don't like are songs heavy on musical or lyrical rhythm. If they repeat the same sound or line of lyrics for too long I'm out. I like the music to be much more dynamic and I kind of like it to keep my on my toes. In general I also tend to prefer up-tempo, 'fast' songs.

Stuff like Led Zeplin, and Pink Floyd is actually some of the worst music I could imagine listening too because it was something to 'get lost' in (this is probably my same complaint against Celine, despite the fact that the styles are so different). I can't stand 'getting lost' in a song. If I don't want to be engaged by the song I'd much prefer to opt for the sound of silence. Indeed, the only reason I listen to music is to be engaged, if I'm able to 'tune it out' I'd be much happier not having it at all. I like silence and quiet, I don't want background music. Green day, Blink 182, and Eve 6 were my favourites all through my teens simply because they were loud, quick, and clever.

A friend of mine has the Dream Girls soundtrack, personally I think it's one of the worst albums I've had to listen to in recent memory :lol: It's also too heavy on rhythmy songs IMO. Those sorts of things just get under my skin. Thus R&B and Soul are about my least favourite genres and the ones I have the toughest time finding something I like in. Rap, and especially Hip Hop, are much better though, particularly the more mainstream stuff.

I do like quiet, melancholy ballads though, quite a lot actually, but for that I typically like them to tell a very emotional story lyrically and/or to still be very dynamic musically. For example "Yesterday", "Killing Me Softly", and my new favourite, "Luckiest" (by Ben Folds), are all more subdued, softer songs and they totally rock my socks. (and there's a ton of others, I really do love quite a few ballads).

Anyway, yeah, I have a lot of stereotypical "gay" preferences in music. I love musicals and show tunes. In fact I was shocked to discover how much I couldn't stand the Dream Girls Soundtrack :lol:

I also, like much of the music from our stereotypical 'divia's'. My personal favourite is and will always be my gurl Christina, who IMO is much more talented than the rest, but hey that's just me.

The new Brittany CD was really good IMO, and you're right I do find her music to be 'gay friendly'. My favourite song on her new CD (not for this reason) is "Toy Soldier" in which one of the male, background vocalists sings about wanting to find some boys to 'get it on' with :P

I have quite a few non-stereotypical tastes too though. Like really Three Days Grace and Seether and their contemporaries are really my favourite bands right now.

I also happen to like quite a lot of contemporary Christian Music. On the other side of the spectrum I tend to enjoy really dirty songs too. **shrug**

Here :

I did like that :)

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Dear me,

I'm way out of your league. I haven't ever listened to anything you could call pop and really very little jazz. I've spent more hours listening to Scarlatti sonatas this year than any other composer (Scott Ross's recording of all 555 of them!), but I'll listen with pleasure to some 17th C most 18th & 19th C and a little 20th C classical music.

For me it's Bach, Haydn, Scarlatti, Mozart & contemporaries, Beethoven, Schubert and (believe it or not) Stravinsky (or their like).

Anthony

Stuff like Led Zeplin, and Pink Floyd is actually some of the worst music I could imagine listening too because it was something to 'get lost' in

(

:pissed: ...........That is just outright Sacrilegious Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need a gay icon? Try Brian Kenney!

Brian & Justin: Rainbow

Gimme More!

the Tao of Brian Kenny

There are only two kinds of str8 people: the ones that hate you to your face and the ones that hate you behind your back.

Stupid breeders. So busy with their broods, they just can't keep up with homo averice...

I'm the most fabulous fag in Pittsburg. That is, if it's possible to be fabulous in Pittsburg.

Of the artists mentioned here I have either never heard them, never heard of them (Kylie whatsherface), or would rather have a mack truck fall off of a jack and onto my nuts than listen to them (Britney).

Benji's post had a lot of good ones, though.

Need a gay icon? Try Brian Kenney!

"What is it with Brian Kinney?"

"He doesn't give a shit"

I may have mentioned this here before. A few years back I really did adopt Brian Kinney as my role model--not really anything to do with sexuality, but attitude.

I was presented with a complex of challenges that I later realized I couldn't have dealt with if I had been too emotionally invested in them. I have Brian to thank for my accomplishments.

Dear me,

I'm way out of your league. I haven't ever listened to anything you could call pop and really very little jazz. I've spent more hours listening to Scarlatti sonatas this year than any other composer (Scott Ross's recording of all 555 of them!), but I'll listen with pleasure to some 17th C most 18th & 19th C and a little 20th C classical music.

For me it's Bach, Haydn, Scarlatti, Mozart & contemporaries, Beethoven, Schubert and (believe it or not) Stravinsky (or their like).

Anthony

There are plenty of gay icons in classical music, Tchaikovsky, the modernist composer John Cage, the conductor Leonard Bernstein, Camille Saint Seans (love Carnival of the animals), Aaron Copeland one could go on for a very long time. There is some debate over whether Schubert or Handel were also gay, but that will probably never get resolved to anyone's satisfaction.

Personally my gay icons are James Baldwin and Bayard Rustin, not music stars, but people who were openly gay and did amazing things when few people were out of the closet.

Stuff like Led Zeplin, and Pink Floyd is actually some of the worst music I could imagine listening too because it was something to 'get lost' in (this is probably my same complaint against Celine, despite the fact that the styles are so different). I can't stand 'getting lost' in a song. If I don't want to be engaged by the song I'd much prefer to opt for the sound of silence. Indeed, the only reason I listen to music is to be engaged, if I'm able to 'tune it out' I'd be much happier not having it at all. I like silence and quiet, I don't want background music. Green day, Blink 182, and Eve 6 were my favourites all through my teens simply because they were loud, quick, and clever.

That, Kevin, is why one should listen to opera. :P Since opera is always telling a story, the *only* way to properly listen to it is to be engaged in it. Of course, on purely musical terms, it serves adequately as background. But the best experience is when you know the story behind each piece, and can go along with it. That's also why it's so distracting to listen to opera while doing homework. Sigh. Tragic, I know.

I don't think we even defined 'gay idol' on this thread, but generally gay idols are strong female characters with a streak of vulnerability underneath. Maria Callas fit the bill on that, I think. The members in the chorus would wet their pants when she went into killer mode for roles like Norma and Medea. B) She did have a vulnerable side, though, and some people would go on and on about how she sold her life for the love of this Greek shipping tycoon, who dumped her for Mrs. Kennedy. So that is why Callas is my favorite gay idol. :D

A rare bit of film

of Callas in 'Tosca' -- the famous murder scene.

• 2 weeks later...
There are plenty of gay icons in classical music, Tchaikovsky, the modernist composer John Cage, the conductor Leonard Bernstein, Camille Saint Seans (love Carnival of the animals), Aaron Copeland one could go on for a very long time. There is some debate over whether Schubert or Handel were also gay, but that will probably never get resolved to anyone's satisfaction.

Personally my gay icons are James Baldwin and Bayard Rustin, not music stars, but people who were openly gay and did amazing things when few people were out of the closet.

Yeah i'd add plenty of British classical composers to that list - predominantly modern ones like Thomas Ad

Edited by carrion

My own gay icon would probably be Oscar Wilde, for the way he challenged the hypocrisy of Victorian society at a time when it was still illegal to do so, went to prison for his sexuality and ultimately died as a result. Similar 'gay martyrs' always inspire a great deal of admiration in me, such as the journalist Peter Wildeblood in the 1950s.

Alan Turing played a giant role in the defeat of the Nazis and the development of computers.