gay icon !

Andy2008

• 2 weeks later...

Ohmigosh, as soon as I saw this, I KNEW I would see some of these responses, haha.

For me, it's definitely mainly Cher... Yes, a whole lot of the stereotype fits me, I'll openly admit it. :)

Other than that, I'm thinking Rupaul.

Never really got into Kylie.... I mean, I've heard probably two songs by her, which really means I need to get out more, haha. Incidentally, my music is reeeeeeeeeally weird.... I was brought up on a mixture of Britney, Spice Girls, Shania Twain, Backstreet, N*Sync, and - interestingly enough - Rob Zombie. Explain that one. O.o

Rupaul wow, do you remember her show?

ever liked Atreyu?

Sadly, no, I was too young to even know who she was at that time.... :(

But, in the past year, I've become totally engrossed in her music and such, haha.... As for Atreyu, I don't really know who that is quite yet... In most things, I am indeed a sheltered individual, and this would be a prime example. xD

<rant>

OK, why does some singer/composer have to be gay to be a gay icon? What useful purpose is served by a gay icon when it comes to music? Shouldn't you just like whatever you like without worrying about playing into some gay stereotype? shrug.gif

I'm gay. I love Mozart. He wasn't gay. Does that mean I shouldn't like him? Sorry, it isn't going to happen. :)

I can really stop here and state that James summed up my attitude about this quite well. Thanks, James. It seems like we agree with each other quite often despite having very different life experiences. ;)

</rant>

, my music is reeeeeeeeeally weird.... I was brought up on a mixture of Britney, Spice Girls, Shania Twain, Backstreet, N*Sync...

Not really weird , babe . It's same to me , once time i'm really addicted to Spice Girls , N*Sync ...i love Country music too, Shania Twain , Faith Hills...But few year later , my taste in music really changed, i starst to sneak outside American ....There had alot of good stuff across the ocean....Does anybody hear " Sophie Ellix Bextor " , she was great ....

American music ger older and just fad ....All about trasy , hip hop , rap , Ferigie , Justin ...

I happy with new album Britney , forgot about her trouble life , as her new album she completed take a hight level , follow Kyle footstep with absolutely Dance album ...."Art of Dance " , i'm aslo so dissapoint with Madonna 's new album , with a helping hand of Justin and Timbaland ...

over 20 year entertaining for music ....Kylie didn't change her style or follow current trend like Madonna , she keep dance , House and slowly lift it up with another beat ...You can see , her video music really sexy but keep decent , classic not trasy ...That an Art .

I did not said Gay icon must be gay ... Elton John was Gay ...But i never listen his music ...

I don't listen to an artist because there gay, I would like for there to be more gay love songs, for others to feel more normal

like Andy I listen to alot of different artist, different part of the world. I do like other amerian artist, I like more of rock and alternative. plus I don't find them trashy :)

Kylie has changed a bit though, some of it, I don't like of hers, but I see nothing wrong with changing a bit, and reinventing, but like some people don't like their artist to change syle.

Edited by Drewbie

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has heard of him (he stars on the Big Gay Sketch Show on LOGO) and released some albums but he's none other then the Gay Pimp Jonny McGovern. :worship:

• 8 months later...

For me when I was first coming out (long time ago) lol, & I would still say now, by biggest musical icons:

George Michael - The man is just drop dead gorgeous & exeptionally talented.

Madonna

Cher

Kylie Minogue

Cher,Kylie,Madonna,Pet Shop boys,Bronski Beat,Erasure,RuPaul,Christina, Geri,Emma,Mel C,Spice Girls ,Sinnita they are great but my favorites are

Tori Amos,Paula Cole,Emiliana Torrini,Brainstorm,Interpol,Death Cab for Cutie n_n

Would it be terrible to say i dont know any gay icons? ::GASPS::

Can I ditto that? I suck at "Gay Icon Trivia" (i'm sure that's a board game...)

The closest person to a Gay Icon I know/love is Kathy Griffin. Though that's always a controversial one...

Freddie Mercury, Rock legend & god!

Not just because he was gay either. Amazing showman & vocalist. I was fortunate enough to see Queen at Wembley Stadium in the 80's, & I have never in my life, then or since, seen anyone command the stage & the audience the way he did.

What do you mean nope, she was Rock Hudson's biggest supporter

Whose Rock Hudson?

Freddie Mercury, Rock legend & god!

Not just because he was gay either. Amazing showman & vocalist. I was fortunate enough to see Queen at Wembley Stadium in the 80's, & I have never in my life, then or since, seen anyone command the stage & the audience the way he did.

Ummm...should i know Freddie Mercury?

Whose Rock Hudson?

Ummm...should i know Freddie Mercury?

:o What??? You are kidding right? Lead singer of Queen! Bohemian Rhapsody is like the greatest rock anthem ever made. <faints>

Died from AIDS in November 1991.

This link will give a little Queen live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVYccHAG6gk...feature=related

Edited by Sir_Galahad