Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 37

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare the goat to deny he writes evil cliffhangers!!!

Was anyone else crying toward the end of this chapter?

How could all those missiles not lock on a slow moving plane. It's the end of Instinct.

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Site Moderator

How could all those missiles not lock on a slow moving plane. It's the end of Instinct.

I'll admit to it. The scene last scene between Brandon and Eric was touching. The way things look at the moment, they don't seem to have a snowballs chance in hell of getting out of this one.

As I told CJ in a pm, this chapter grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go.

Jan

B) ................Ouch Gunter, you were supposed to be there for the guys!! Great chapter CJ!! Talk about one of the GREATEST CLIFFHANGERS OF ALL TIME!! You have a novice at the helm of a jet that's about to crash by itself, leaving our self-sacrificing hero to battle all odds and then you leave us four armed missles rushing in to finish Instinct off. And here I was hoping for another show in Vegas :( .

I was shocked that Gunter's radar didn't go into action sooner!!

That's the part that had me in tears.

Not just evil cliffhangers. Truly evil and wicked cliffhangers!

You've got that right. That's why I tell everyone that I've never really used a cliffhanger. ;)

You've got that right. That's why I tell everyone that I've never really used a cliffhanger. ;)

:whistle: ......I'll just take the wait and see attitude.....it will be hard to top this EVIL CLIFFHANGER though!

:whistle: ......I'll just take the wait and see attitude.....it will be hard to top this EVIL CLIFFHANGER though!

Benji, I don't think I'm capable. Even as great as Shadowgod is, he might not even be capable. The king, C James, reigns supreme. :worship:

That has to be the mother of all cliffhangers!

How long does it take a Sparrow missile to go 15 miles at Mach 3? Can Major Pierce destroy the Sparrows if he needs to? Will anyone on Instinct's plane ever get a cellphone signal?

A week is a long time for faithful readers to wait. Please, CJ, don't keep us hanging that long.

That has to be the mother of all cliffhangers!

How long does it take a Sparrow missile to go 15 miles at Mach 3? Can Major Pierce destroy the Sparrows if he needs to? Will anyone on Instinct's plane ever get a cellphone signal?

A week is a long time for faithful readers to wait. Please, CJ, don't keep us hanging that long.

B) .............Even if they get the cells working, it won't help, the sparrows can be destroyed at anytime. I am surprised a flyby wasn't done first...and the sparrows??

the sparrows can be destroyed at anytime.

Really?

So maybe the fire in the sky will be the missiles being destroyed? Maybe there's some hope for Instinct after all?

Meh, either way it's still an evil cliffhanger!

During nam, and still now not all missiles work the way there supposed to, they can just go past the plane.

OK, but there's numerous missiles headed for the plane. What's the chance of them all missing their target or the pilot being able to destroy them all in enough time?

Edited by GaryInMiami

There has been, times where they sent two or three, that haven't exploded or locked on the other fighter plane.

Or could be what benji says or, erm they might have some parachutes :P , what will happen with Mario?

Edited by Drewbie
There has been, times where they sent two or three, that haven't exploded or locked on the other fighter plane.

Or could be what benji says or, erm they might have some parachutes, I want to know what helen's reaction is about jerry, what will happen with Mario?

Parachutes? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that does not seem plausible. First of all, they would have to know about the missles.

Quite right. And CJ already wrote:

No one on board noticed the missile launches; they had occurred twenty miles to their left. Even had they known, it would have made no difference at all... .

ADDED: Just to be clear I know the parachutes were mentioned as a joke. Sometimes my own sense of humor doesn't translate well into writing. :)

Edited by GaryInMiami

I've only got a few minutes before I have to run, so this has to be quick, but I wanted to address a couple of points. :)

The missiles... They have lock; they had it at launch. It's also far, far easier to hit a lumbering jet than a maneuvering fighter, plus there are four missiles. Also, per the text, they cannot be destructed in flight; there are no range-safety packages on warshots (and these are warshots). I always laugh when I see scenes in the movies where a missile or torpedo is detonated just before it hits; that's just not possible. (for many reasons, but the main one being; the Enemy might find out how to do it, too).

The title, "Fire in the Sky", comes from the line, "The four missiles, arrayed across the sky, death incarnate riding on columns of fire, "

The missiles are the Fire in the Sky.

Enjoy! :)

CJ

I've only got a few minutes before I have to run, so this has to be quick, but I wanted to address a couple of points. :)

The missiles... They have lock; they had it at launch. It's also far, far easier to hit a lumbering jet than a maneuvering fighter, plus there are four missiles. Also, per the text, they cannot be destructed in flight; there are no range-safety packages on warshots (and these are warshots). I always laugh when I see scenes in the movies where a missile or torpedo is detonated just before it hits; that's just not possible. (for many reasons, but the main one being; the Enemy might find out how to do it, too).

The title, "Fire in the Sky", comes from the line, "The four missiles, arrayed across the sky, death incarnate riding on columns of fire, "

CJ

Ah okay, I seen on tv last night (military channel) it happened two years ago an F-15 vs a mig 29 launched missiles, and missed the mig by a few.

Made a mistake I kept on putting it in here, when fired there not always lock, mostly they are locked, yet still miss a target, and doesn't mean this plane is moving trying to dodge it. is the missiles locked onto the engines?

I do have a roast, so if they do die, we can roast the author :P

Edited by Drewbie

CJ

Snatching up a hand-held microphone, the colonel adjusted his headset as he barked,
Edited by MikeL

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..