Here's your sign

So this guy is really not very smart. First of all, having the substance at all makes a person a complete idiot, but he had to go and try to find it in a public place where he had lost it. Does anyone else feel think some people have failed to evolve, and that they are in fact not human? What is wrong with people? Do they not know that it is a felony to have this stuff? I think the War on Meth speaks for itself in this regard. <_<

Ever heard of the Darwin Awards? They're given to select individuals who have generously removed themselves from the gene pool. They're amusing to read for the first thirty minutes or so, and then one begins to feel that maybe the Neanderthals would've been better occupants of the planet.

Sadly it's more widespread than you think.

How many of you have found yourself, on your worse day alive, laying in a hospital bed with friends and relatives asking how are you feeling?

WTF do they want to hear? Much better after I got the feeding tube out, thank you.

You're broken down on the side of the road, hood open, head to ass under the hood. Geniuses pull up and have the never to ask: having trouble with your car?

WTF do they want to hear? No. It's just a lot cheaper than a sauna.

Thankfully I am not so afflicted. A couple of weeks ago I got a call to help with a broken laptop. I arrived in my customers office to see a very nice Dell laptop with a big-assed tire track down the middle of the case. Told the customer- I'm pretty sure this voids the warrenty...

Yeah, I know what you mean, James. I got the same stupid questions when I was in hospital a month ago. Right down to the one about the feeding tube. scream.gif

A couple of weeks ago I got a call to help with a broken laptop. I arrived in my customers office to see a very nice Dell laptop with a big-assed tire track down the middle of the case. Told the customer- I'm pretty sure this voids the warrenty...

You've piqued my curiosity. Were you able to get the lappie working?

BTW, the 2008 Darwin Awards have been announced.

Edited by GaryInMiami
You've piqued my curiosity. Were you able to get the lappie working?

Thankfully the hard drive was undamaged- it's kept in a little armored pocket on the back of the laptop. Dell replaced everything else for $550 which was like buying a new one sans a hard drive.

Elementry math shows us that a Chevy Taiho goes over a Dell laptop once without much left over.

Customer was sadder but wiser and working again by Friday w/o losing any data.

Sometimes I'm so good I scare myself.

Thankfully the hard drive was undamaged- it's kept in a little armored pocket on the back of the laptop. Dell replaced everything else for $550 which was like buying a new one sans a hard drive.

Elementry math shows us that a Chevy Taiho goes over a Dell laptop once without much left over.

Customer was sadder but wiser and working again by Friday w/o losing any data.

Sometimes I'm so good I scare myself.

Out of curiosity was this an accident, or did the guy give in to an urge I'm sure we've all felt regarding our troublesome computers?

He put it on his roof as he was loading up to go to work, forgot about it and crunch.

When people go beserk and try to kill their computer, they usually go after the monitor. Not sure why. The monitor is merely the messenger. :lol:

He put it on his roof as he was loading up to go to work, forgot about it and crunch.

When people go beserk and try to kill their computer, they usually go after the monitor. Not sure why. The monitor is merely the messenger. :lol:

Maybe it's because it's there and there by easier to get at then the tower? I know that when I get pissed at my compy I have this unexlainable ugre to pull out the hammer and kill my screen. I would probably give in if it wasn't for the fact that I would have to buy a new one...I like my flat screen to much to give it up!

But, I have to say that I so want to say "here's your sign." I blame the fact that comedy central has once again run The Blue Collar Comedy Tour again.

He's not exactly a Darwin Award candidate. At the same time it's hard for me to imagine someone forgetting they've got a laptop on the roof of their car. Maybe he needs one of those Panasonic ToughBooks. :lol:

He's not exactly a Darwin Award candidate. At the same time it's hard for me to imagine someone forgetting they've got a laptop on the roof of their car. Maybe he needs one of those Panasonic ToughBooks. :lol:

Urban legend has it that people frequently forget when they've got their baby up there :blink:

I think only those who are no longer breathing are candidates for Darwin Awards. :) Those who live just need a sign to carry around. :stupid:

My understanding is that technically the awards apply to anyone whose stupidity results in their demise OR castration/infertility since the point is that by their actions they've removed themselves from the gene pool.

My understanding is that technically the awards apply to anyone whose stupidity results in their demise OR castration/infertility since the point is that by their actions they've removed themselves from the gene pool.

Indeed, the awards only apply to those whose stupidity has resulted in their removal from the gene pool. ;)

Indeed, the awards only apply to those whose stupidity has resulted in their removal from the gene pool. ;)

Thanks for the clarifcation. Either way, the people who win such a dubious award are definitely noteworthy of the phrase, "Here's your sign. :lol: