Congrats Dan and Robert!

I hope I'm not stepping out of place by starting this thread, but Dan has just announced his and Robert's engagement and upcoming nuptials!

Congratulations you two!!!!

I'm sure I speak for everyone (and even if I don't I speak for myself) when I offer you both the best of luck and an over-abundance of happiness, love, peace, and joy together! May the coming years bring you ever closer together and forever unite you in trust, love, and commitment!

:hug:

-Kevin

Well I've already said it, three times in fact but I just can't help myself :P

CONGRATS guys!! :wub:

This is truly exciting news and a very happy next step for GA's own love couple :D

Greg

• Site Administrator

Congratulations to Dan and Robert :)

I wish you all the best. Just don't kill each other during the planning and everything will be great :D

HUGE CONGRATZ!!!! :wub: although I said it already :P

I wish you all the best. Just don't kill each other during the planning and everything will be great :D

Hahaha, yea, planning and organising everything can become hectic!! :P

Btw, for a straight couple, the groom can't see the bride's dress before the wedding itself... Does that count here as well? Just wondering :P

congratulations.gif

w00t!!

Here's to one of the most celebrated couple at GA!! cheers.gif

I am sooo happy for you two... May you live your life with togetherness, filled with love and happiness. God Bless the couple... :)

BeaStKid :devil:

Btw, for a straight couple, the groom can't see the bride's dress before the wedding itself... Does that count here as well? Just wondering :P

One difference is deciding to on attire. One can wear a dress while the other wears a tux. There can also be two tuxes instead. :D

I hope I'm not stepping out of place by starting this thread, but Dan has just announced his and Robert's engagement and upcoming nuptials!

I'm sure I speak for everyone (and even if I don't I speak for myself) when I offer you both the best of luck and an over-abundance of happiness, love, peace, and joy together! May the coming years bring you ever closer together and forever unite you in trust, love, and commitment!

Kevin

Also my Congratulations you two!!!!

Kevin has a wonderful gift. He is a real good speaker and I can't find a better way than to add my wishes using the same words as he did (Thanks Kevin :great: ).

Dan and Robert, I couldn't imagine GA without you both. Since 2 years you gave me the joy to follow your paths, to be "politicaly" angry with you, to participate to the part of your common life you brought in your comments and blogs.

I wish you many, many years together, to get older together, and when you are as old as I'm, to still live together, as happy as you are now, and to have a multitude of good memories to share together.

:worship: Long life to the new engaged :worship:

Old Bob

Indeed this is wonderful news! I hope the two of you grow old together. :great:

I hope they stay young together! :D:boy:

One difference is deciding to on attire. One can wear a dress while the other wears a tux. There can also be two tuxes instead. :D

Or for that matter there can be two dresses :rolleyes:

If/when I get married I'm rather expecting us to both dress in male attire but that reflects our personalities. For example I personally have never found that the average tuxedo looks that great. I'd probably rather opt for a modern style, fitted suit.

Also my Congratulations you two!!!!

Kevin has a wonderful gift. He is a real good speaker and I can't find a better way than to add my wishes using the same words as he did (Thanks Kevin :great: ).

Dan and Robert, I couldn't imagine GA without you both. Since 2 years you gave me the joy to follow your paths, to be "politicaly" angry with you, to participate to the part of your common life you brought in your comments and blogs.

I wish you many, many years together, to get older together, and when you are as old as I'm, to still live together, as happy as you are now, and to have a multitude of good memories to share together.

:worship: Long life to the new engaged :worship:

Old Bob

I think that was very eloquent, Old Bob!

Thanks though :)

Many congrats to both of you :lmao::2thumbs:

You've done so much and now it's time that the heavens did lots for you two. Love, patience, humility, understanding etc etc be there between you both and let them continue to grow each passing year :)

:hug:

D

I hope they stay young together! :D:boy:

Or for that matter there can be two dresses :rolleyes:

I wish more power to them no matter what attire they don. When I say grow old together I mean that their commitment lasts a lifetime. If that is the case, they'll probably always be young at heart. :)

I wish more power to them no matter what attire they don. When I say grow old together I mean that their commitment lasts a lifetime. If that is the case, they'll probably always be young at heart. :)

Just for the record, for me it doesn't matter what attire they wear, just as they both enjoy their day and that they may celebrate that day together for a long time to come :) (A guy in tux/suit does look verrra nice in my eyes though ;) )

Save the date - with a twist...

Thursday, July 2, 2009

No - this is not a duplicate message with a typo. And yes, everything is good between Dan and I.

Last Thursday, when the California Supreme Court announced their decision, we were of course elated. And immediately, because it is something we've been waiting for a long time, we started planning our wedding.

July 2 is an important day for us - it is what we consider our anniversary as it is the day we started living together in 2005. So, when we decided on a wedding day, originally it was to be July 2, 2008 - and we sent out those "save the date" emails.

But seven weeks (acutally - 6 weeks now) is not a great amount of time to plan a wedding - especially with all of the other Democratic Party and election work that both of us have to do as well.

So, while we would love to be one of the first same-gender couples in the state to FINALLY legally wed; and while we do have some legitimate concerns regarding the constitutional amendment likely to be on the November ballot that could potentially wipe out our recent gains; Dan and I have decided to do this right and reschedule our wedding for Thursday, July 2, 2009.

We'll both be working against the November ballot measure, and hope all of you will do what you can as well. And as soon as we win in November (in MORE ways than one), we'll start the preparation for our wedding.

We hope that you can join us next year - and that this rescheduling doesn't inconvenience anyone. But we also hope you understand why we're doing it.

Thank you all,

Robert (and Dan)

Yay, chances of attending just increased from nothing to slim :P

I think this is a reasonable decision....you guys have to make sure that this event is what you guys want it to be, so if you need more time then that is a good decision.

Trebs:

If there is a win in November does that mean you will get a chance to propose back?

:D

Greg