South Carolina doesn't want gay tourists

captainrick

I guess I'll just have to become frostophobic...

As for the baguettes, is this any kind of double-entendre? Would you have become subtle? :)

I was talking about the real baguette made from flour.

Not from flesh. Who would eat that?

Edited by Jack Frost

Phew! I was afraid you had eventually gotten a (sick) sense of humor... ^_^

That's not exactly a news flash. :P

I'm guessing they wouldn't like his sense of humor in South Carolina. :angry:

That's not exactly a news flash. :P

B) ........Well I'm certainly taking South Carolina off my list of places to see & visit!! :wacko:

That's where I think you're mistaken. Jack's sense of humor could easily appeal to conservative Christian Republicans. At least in the Poconos. :lol:

Jack, It seems to me that you dont know FRANCE. Do you have something against french speaking canadians and cant forgive De Gaulle with his "Vive le Quebec libre" ?

I wish you could have holidays in France and go to visit the yummy, yet homophobic, frogs and snails, you are talking about.

You will have some difficulties to find them. :pissed:

old Bob

I was joking!!! :o

I live in Montreal and I am surrounded by French Canadians. I even met some French people too.

Nice people too. :P

At least in the Poconos.

My region has been voting Democratic for decades since FDR.

I was joking!!! :o

Oh, you were? So you've eventually recovered your sense of humor?

(Bob, threatening Jack of the worst abuse has been a fixture from quite a while.. I guess I've go a fondness for VERY blue eyes...)

(Bob, threatening Jack of the worst abuse has been a fixture from quite a while.. I guess I've go a fondness for VERY blue eyes...)

Ha ha ha....

BTW, mine are brown with green glints.

Edited by old bob

I'm irritated by the tourist thing but I found this much more repulsive:

Eddie Walker, principal of Irmo High School, in suburban Columbia, announced that he was quitting rather than approve the creation of a Gay-Straight Alliance at the school, one of the state

I suspect gay tourists are actually welcome in South Carolina by businesses that cater to tourists.

SC is not particularly more homophobic than any of the surrounding states. Greenville is a hotbed of the Religious Right, but I suspect even there one would find a lot of welcoming, accepting people. Come to think of it, I know a gay man who visits a friend there often. He's never said anything bad about the place.

It's just that some politician saw a way to score some points with constituents by combining homophobia with the usual stupid pandering about government waste, you know the kind that strains out gnats and swallows camels.

What's in SC anyway?

Charleston is pretty neat to visit, and I bet they have a significant gay population.

I have no intention of going to South Carolina. I'm sure it's a beautiful state, but if the people are that closed-minded, I have no desire to go there.

The NAACP wants you to boycott the state because they still have the Confederate naval flag on the state capitol grounds somewhere.

Hey now! I detect a little cynicism. Tennessee is a great place; don't lump us in with North Korea. All tourists are welcome here. You should keep your clothes on in public, but otherwise...a big howdy y'all. :D

Just don't loose your wallet, or they'll shoot your dog.

Hey now! I detect a little cynicism. Tennessee is a great place; don't lump us in with North Korea. All tourists are welcome here. You should keep your clothes on in public, but otherwise...a big howdy y'all. :D

I actually visited Tennessee. I went to Pulaski, which is a cute little town, but it popped into my memory for being the place where the KKK started, hence the easy pointing out.

Incidentally New Orleans was the first place I ever went to gay clubs in.

While we're mentioning great gay destinations, I recently read an excellent piece about how gay friendly and welcoming Eureka Springs is.

On Labor Day weekend, one of the biggest gay parties in the country takes place in New Orleans, It's called Southern Decadence and it's a "gay mardi gras" The entire french quarter goes totally gay. :P

Ohhh and as New Orleans has a rich French history, I'm sure they'll be serving lots of those baguettes. :lmao:

http://www.southerndecadence.com/

if I'd learn that somewhere are around the world there was adds in the general public view that said the very same of the add in question here, I would be offended too That add, yes it was during the pride week in London, but was shown in the metro where anyone could see. It is made with bad taste,

Hmmmm? But it is perfectly legitimate to say, Welcome or come to SC we are a 'Family Friendly State?' That is not offensive? Just asking.

Hmmmm? But it is perfectly legitimate to say, Welcome or come to SC we are a 'Family Friendly State?' That is not offensive? Just asking.

Just as long as there's none of them fagits in your family.

Just don't loose your wallet, or they'll shoot your dog.

Please observe the leash laws.

I actually visited Tennessee. I went to Pulaski, which is a cute little town, but it popped into my memory for being the place where the KKK started, hence the easy pointing out.

Even Tennessee has places you should pass by. Try Nashville or Memphis.

Please observe the leash laws.

I unsuccessfully Googled looking for the story where a family was driving through Cocke County (I think), and the father lost his wallet at a gas station, and the highway patrol chased them down, messed with them for a while, and then shot their dog. I guess it's old enough news to have scrolled off newspaper sites.

But I did find this story about the tourist ads from SC. The Greenville guy does have a point that they shouldn't suggest there are any gay beaches in SC.

On Labor Day weekend, one of the biggest gay parties in the country takes place in New Orleans, It's called Southern Decadence and it's a "gay mardi gras" The entire french quarter goes totally gay. :P

Ohhh and as New Orleans has a rich French history, I'm sure they'll be serving lots of those baguettes. :lmao:

http://www.southerndecadence.com/

OH I know all about decadence ;)0:)