[LittleBuddhaTW] WISYA - Chapter 4

• Site Administrator

Buddhaaaaaaa! Welcome back :2thumbs: .

Thanks so much for the next chapter of WISYA.

I will admit that being a while since the last chapter, I took me a couple of paragraphs to recall all the characters in the story and where they left off.

The great thing is that you did such an excellent job of character development in the first 3 chapters that it really only took a couple of paragraphs to get back into it :great: .

In this chapter I really begin to feel sorry for Grady. He seems to be finally coming to the realization that he isn't like all the other boys (except maybe a few). The scary thing is that he is coming to this life changing realization while he is competing to go to the Little League World Series :o .

I must say that you have me completely confused with Brennan though. I know that he is like a brother to Grady, he loves him, but is it more than brotherly love? Brennan's actions in the chapter make it even more confusing. Is he jealous of David, but more importantly what is the cause of that jealousy? Is it cause he too is having these new and strange feelings for Grady, or is it because he is used to having Grady tag along, and be there for him when he needs him? Soooo confusing :wacko: .

BTW, the Brittany Spears thing was hilarious. It had me laughing out loud. I won't get into if that every happened to anyone I know or not :*) in their past.

Thanks for the chapter, and hopefully we'll see more in the near(er) future. ;)

Steve B)

• Site Moderator

I find myself pretty much agreeing with what you said Steve. I'm not sure what to make of Brennan either. I'm thinking that he might be just a little bit ahead of Grady and has already figured himself out. Between the two of them, he does seem to be the more mature. I'm also sure he felt some kind of jealousy.

It's also possible that Brennan was trying to get Grady to make new friends to prepare for when the time comes around that he says something to Grady and wanting to try and lessen the rejection.

First of all, LB, welcome back to GA and to writing! It's good to see you at it again, and I'll have to update my sig now, which as of this post, still bemoans that WISYA hasn't been updated. It's also time I get back to writing my own serial novel, Out on a Limb, which has been on hold since the spring. Life is always getting in the way. Oh, and thanks for updating your favorites page! :D

Now as to the story, I'm not sure Brennan's reaction suggests in any way he has a thing for Grady. I can recall very clearly how hurt one of my best friends was when I picked a kid I hardly knew over him to be my new best friend in 7th grade for no good reason. I didn't even realize it at the time, but it was strictly sexual attraction, and both boys were straight as could be - not that I ever did anything with either of them. The point is that there are many kinds of love and that Brennan and Grady have a history together that has nothing to do with sexual attraction. Brennan has been Grady's lifeline and, yes, he loves him, but that has nothing to do with sex or sexuality. It's only natural that Brennan would feel jealous when Grady starts hanging out with a kid he's only just met. Grady can't help his new-found attraction to David any more than I was to my new friend, even if he doesn't quite understand it yet. I don't think the story's about Brennan and Grady falling in romantic love - if so, the title wouldn't fit.

Great writing, LB, as always. :worship:

First of all, LB, welcome back to GA and to writing! It's good to see you at it again, and I'll have to update my sig now, which as of this post, still bemoans that WISYA hasn't been updated. It's also time I get back to writing my own serial novel, Out on a Limb, which has been on hold since the spring. Life is always getting in the way. Oh, and thanks for updating your favorites page! :D

Now as to the story, I'm not sure Brennan's reaction suggests in any way he has a thing for Grady. I can recall very clearly how hurt one of my best friends was when I picked a kid I hardly knew over him to be my new best friend in 7th grade for no good reason. I didn't even realize it at the time, but it was strictly sexual attraction, and both boys were straight as could be - not that I ever did anything with either of them. The point is that there are many kinds of love and that Brennan and Grady have a history together that has nothing to do with sexual attraction. Brennan has been Grady's lifeline and, yes, he loves him, but that has nothing to do with sex or sexuality. It's only natural that Brennan would feel jealous when Grady starts hanging out with a kid he's only just met. Grady can't help his new-found attraction to David any more than I was to my new friend, even if he doesn't quite understand it yet. I don't think the story's about Brennan and Grady falling in romantic love - if so, the title wouldn't fit.

Great writing, LB, as always. :worship:

That is an excellent analysis, Altimexis! :worship: