[LittleBuddhaTW] Ryan from SOOTB

Not sure if I've ever told anyone the background story on the character "Ryan" in SOOTB, but he was based (in terms of physical appearance, at least) on a boy (also named Ryan ... hehe) that I met at a karate tournament when I was 18. We were hosting the tournament down in Florida, and he came down all the way from Ohio to compete. Anyway, I thought he was incredibly hot, so after the tournament, I invited him to come back to Florida a few months later to attend an informal gathering of the group of karate schools that I belonged to (about 50 of us who gathered down in Florida 2-3 times per year to hang out, train, and have fun). Shortly after I wrote to invite him, his mom called me and said she was buying him a plane ticket as an early Christmas present to come down to visit, and needless to say, I was TOTALLY psyched, because I'd developed a bit of a crush on him ... like I said, he was hot ... I didn't even really know him, only talked with him very briefly at the tournament and watched him fight a couple times (he won the junior fighting division, by the way -- he was very good).

Anyway, he stayed at my place for the long weekend and we hung out and had a good time. He turned out to be really nice and we had an incredible time. I was too much of a chicken sh*t to say or do anything, but enjoyed the time we spent together (especially the time spent rolling around on the ground together, pretending we were actually 'training' ... lol). When he left to go back to Ohio, I went to shake his hand, but he grabbed me and hugged me, and I almost messed my shorts. We wrote back and forth for a little while, but eventually lost touch until a few months ago when I found him on Facebook ... and, come to find out, he really is gay! If only I'd known that back then .......... *sigh*

We wrote back and forth for a little while, but eventually lost touch until a few months ago when I found him on Facebook ... and, come to find out, he really is gay! If only I'd known that back then .......... *sigh*

And have you now got back in touch and 'come out' to him?

:)

Kit

• 3 months later...