• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Okay, jokes aside....

After Round One here is the scores:

Mr. Arbour has 20 points

Ms. Romantic has 35 points

Mr. One has 25 points (but he can't play :angry: )

onto Round Two..........

• Site Administrator
Why can't you play, Steve?

And anyway, after the first round, the possible points diminish, because wrong guesses in the early rounds obviously mess up the pairings moving forward.

Well, since I am awarding the prize, I made myself ineligible to avoid the the accusation of a fix. Damn my conscience sometimes :P .

0:)B):devil: <------Me with the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other :D . Good thing there is no goat smiley.

Looks like you have the potential of 30 more points and Mark has the potential for 20 more.

Good luck to you both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I find myself cheering for Chicago....does that make me a bad Canadian :P ?

Actually, Chicago has really impressed me this year. Being such a young team and really the underdogs of the west.

Should be an interesting game in Chicago.

And that's round 2 complete. Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Carolina.

I admit, I'm a bit disappointed in how this round went. I was cheering for Vancouver since my Habs were eliminated, and I would've liked to see the Ducks and the Caps advance as well. As for Boston and Carolina, meh, I pretty much hate both of them. But it was great hockey, especially the first six games of Pens/Caps. (Game 7 kinda sucked).

Wildone, where does this put us in the game stats?

• Site Administrator
OK, Here's my guess:

First Round East Winners: #1 Bruins 5, #2 Capitals 5, #3 Devils, #5 Flyers

First Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings 5, #6 Blues, #4 Blackhawks 5

Second Round East Winners: #2 Capitals, #1 Bruins

Second Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings 5

Eastern Conference Winners: Capitals

Western Conference Winners: Sharks

Stanley Cup Champions:Sharks

Well I guess you are now out of the competition with 25 points. Unfortunately that first round had a few upsets, followed by even more in the second. Doesn't look like any more points can be awarded :(

I'm probably too late to this thread, but in case I'm not, here are my picks:

First Round East Winners: #1 Bruins 5, #2 Capitals 5, #4 Penguins 5, #6 Hurricanes 5

First Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings 5, #3 Canucks 5, #4 Blackhawks 5

Second Round East Winners: #6 Hurricanes 5, #4 Penguins 5

Second Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #3 Canucks

Eastern Conference Winners: #6 Hurricanes

Western Conference Winners: #3 Canucks

Stanley Cup Champions: #3 Canucks

I really do want to cheer on my Habs. But realistically speaking...

(And yes, I'm aware that some of the first games contradict my picks above, namely Washington and New Jersey. But I made my first round picks on Tuesday and I'll stand by them.)

You kicked butt when it came to the first round :worship: . Guess 7 or the 8 matches is amazing. Second round saw you guessing 50%. Actually a lot of surprises out west. So you are sitting at 45 points with the potential for 5 more points.

If I was able to play (dang, who made these rules :P ), I guess I would be at 40 points with a potential 5 more points.

Maybe we will tie :2thumbs: .

So the question to ask, since it was a competition between you two, do you want the prize awarded or do you want to wait to the end of the season? Only two votes allowed :lol:

I'm hoping for a Canes and Blackhawks final. I hate the Penguins and the baby Sidney Crosby with everything I have. And the Redwings robotic boring play is everything thats wrong with the NHL. I was hoping the Ducks knocked them off.

And as a side note maybe the best action right now is going on off the Ice between the coyotes, Jim Balsille(who wants to move the team to ontario) and The NHL/Gary Bettman(who may be on the hot seat)

Yep, I keep getting email updates from the Jim Balsille site. I highly doubt he'll pull it off, but he's being very public with his efforts.

And personally I'd hope for a Pens/Hawks final, since the Redwings are boring and I hate the Canes. But I'm predicting Wings/Canes, realistically, in a repeat of the 2002 matchup. Like then, I'd give the edge to the Wings, which will make this another snoozer year.

On the other hand, Wings/Pens with a reverse of last year would be interesting, no?

(Edited since I clearly mis-remembered 2002.)

Edited by Cynical Romantic

On the other hand, Wings/Pens with a reverse of last year would be interesting, no?

He may be able to pull it off because it is in the hands of the courts and I think a lot of the owners may start to back him. It doesn't make sense for the league to force the a bankrupt franchise like the Coyotes to take less money for the owners and creditors in order to keep the team in a failing city.

And No it wouldn't be interesting, I hate the Pens with a burning passion.

And the Redwings robotic boring play is everything thats wrong with the NHL. I was hoping the Ducks knocked them off.

Are you serious? There is nothing about the Red Wings that is "robotic." They play the game of hockey how it is supposed to be played, quick movement great passing and a few hits when needed. When I watch some other teams I see them "pass" and wonder why they barely ever complete a one (the teams left are all pretty good in this respect). Then there are teams that just throw their weight around and hope to beat the opponent into submission. Hockey is about teamwork, the Red Wings exemplify that. From line 1 to 4 all 6 players on the ice work together and as hard as they can.

• Site Administrator

Personally I'd like to see the Blackhawks face the Penguins in the final.

Unfortunately my actual love of the game is now being distorted by the hawtness of certain players :D .

So, who is hotter? I know these are the roster mug shots and are nowhere near the caliber of pics or video of the three with their shirts off, covered in sweat for post game interviews :P .

gallery_1999_134_8021.jpggallery_1999_134_4205.jpg or gallery_1999_134_1449.jpg

Patrick Kane------Jonathan Toews------Sidney Crosby

So what do you think :blink: ?

Personally I'd like to see the Blackhawks face the Penguins in the final.

Unfortunately my actual love of the game is now being distorted by the hawtness of certain players :D .

So, who is hotter? I know these are the roster mug shots and are nowhere near the caliber of pics or video of the three with their shirts off, covered in sweat for post game interviews :P .

gallery_1999_134_8021.jpggallery_1999_134_4205.jpg or gallery_1999_134_1449.jpg

Patrick Kane------Jonathan Toews------Sidney Crosby

So what do you think :blink: ?

Sidney!

• Site Administrator
Sidney!

I'd say Patrick.

Can I pick two or maybe even three :P

Hey Steve, how about instead of a membership prize, we make Mark don a Habs jersey and declare the eternal supremacy of Canadians in hockey... on webcam?

Yeah, that'll happen. :wacko:

Hey Steve, how about instead of a membership prize, we make Mark don a Habs jersey and declare the eternal supremacy of Canadians in hockey... on webcam?

I tried telling him over and over and over.

He just won't listen.

Stubborn more than usual for his age.

:P

And this is really sad. This will be the first decade in history that the Habs haven't won't the Cup. Before they always win at least one every decade since the 1910s. :S

Edited by Jack Frost