Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Land Whore

Wow - I'm just stumped by the idea that someone finds Stefan kind of...flat. I find him deeply complex, enchanting, and the glue, even more so than JP sometimes, that holds the whole series together. He's the male version of Tonto who, in my opinion, is perfect.

But, then again, that's the beauty of fiction. Everyone reads differently.

Wow - I'm just stumped by the idea that someone finds Stefan kind of...flat. I find him deeply complex, enchanting, and the glue, even more so than JP sometimes, that holds the whole series together. He's the male version of Tonto who, in my opinion, is perfect.

But, then again, that's the beauty of fiction. Everyone reads differently.

I have to agree somewhat, Sharon, I find that Stef can be a ruthless businessman, and is not someone to cross in that area. A little like Brad was in Be Rad! when he basically 'un-popularized' the one football player, Greg (I think?), and told him that his mother would never get into some sort of housewives gardening league or somesuch... Brad was so cute when he was ruthless!

I have to agree somewhat, Sharon, I find that Stef can be a ruthless businessman, and is not someone to cross in that area. A little like Brad was in Be Rad! when he basically 'un-popularized' the one football player, Greg (I think?), and told him that his mother would never get into some sort of housewives gardening league or somesuch... Brad was so cute when he was ruthless!

That was Doug... the one who threatened to "out" him.

I enjoy Stefan, and want him to have a happy ending.... but I'm loving being in Brad's head.

Interesting. I'd never have thought of him as the male version of Tonto. I love Tonto, and find her considerably more interesting than Stefan. But you're right. Everybody reads with different eyes.

You think it's sad?? Boy, you don't know what sad coulda been...

Right, Mark? :devil:

EVERYONE is dying or dead already and JP is positive? How much sadder could this have been? I don't want to know.

maybe I should move the convo to the MiM thread....

That was Doug... the one who threatened to "out" him.

I enjoy Stefan, and want him to have a happy ending.... but I'm loving being in Brad's head.

Thanks, 'sky...what was really surprising though, is that Doug did NOT out Brad...after all.

It was his brother, Billy, who he then beat the crap out of--twice.

The fun thing about both Tonto and Stefan is the ability (sometimes) to really have fun with their conversations.

I'm seeing another Brad story in the future. Next even.

YAY! Hopefully this'll bring us up to speed on what Brad and Robbie have been doing with Janice and the boys since we last had Brad or Robbies POV!!!

And I don't care what you say, J--I'm current now, and I effing love Aaron.

You know Adam... he's gonna die... :unsure: like really!

:lol:

Edited by paya

Don't worry about it, Mark. Adam knows the score. I doubt he's going to blame you for Aaron's death like he did for Jeff's death. Aaron's fate has been preordained- there's no fighting against it.

Don't worry about it, Mark. Adam knows the score. I doubt he's going to blame you for Aaron's death like he did for Jeff's death. Aaron's fate has been preordained- there's no fighting against it.

Well, yeah. I mean, when was it ever an open question? What, you can't love somebody just because they're gonna die? You people haven't watched near enough chick flicks. :D

I guess. Although I tend to go for the happy chick flicks. I was traumatized by the ending of the original Stepford Wives for weeks.

You know, in retrospect, I really liked how Mark managed to make little kid Bradley a pretty compelling child character in this story. It really made me feel eager for Be Rad, and I loved that we got to know the dreamy little kid before he became the headstrong 18-year old. I thought 10-year old Brad and 17-year old Brad definitely felt like the same two people- teenage Brad was less shy and more of a social butterfly (but I always thought it was because of the fact that he was hot and rich that made him popular, not because he was particularly outgoing), but they both had that same stoic way about them.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..