Thanksgiving

TalonRider

Well... its that time of year again.

My sister and I both attend the same college, which is very close to my Grandmother's house. She hurt herself a few weeks ago, and needed help with prepping for dinner.

So here I am, on an air mattress in the middle of the living room. Gran's dog snores like a beast.

Thanksgiving is the first example of my family's dysfunction. By Christmas I'll be asking if I was adopted.

I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow! Eat lots, and remember your blessings!

-AM

• Site Administrator

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American cousins.

Enjoy your bird, and don't forget to kick start the economy tommorow at the malls :P .

Steve B)

A belated Thanksgiving to all, my mother got here early and decided to fall in our parking lot....so I had to go pick her up...(bodily)...

I was going to get on here and post while the bird was frying...but that got sidetracked by the trip to the store for a first-aid kit.

Robbie, what DID happen to your car?

I'm still trying to fight off the tryptophan overload.....and <burp>, could really use a cuppa coffee... :blink:

All recovered, and now partaking in the consumption of many leftovers.

And tomorrow starts all of the holiday prep: Getting the tree, finishing up the baking, and decorating the house.

We're working on 22 different kinds of cookies tihs year. My mother gets a little carried away!

A belated Thanksgiving to all, my mother got here early and decided to fall in our parking lot....so I had to go pick her up...(bodily)...

I was going to get on here and post while the bird was frying...but that got sidetracked by the trip to the store for a first-aid kit.

Robbie, what DID happen to your car?

I'm still trying to fight off the tryptophan overload.....and <burp>, could really use a cuppa coffee... :blink:

Well...mom went to the Dr. for a checkup after her fall on T'day...they think she might have had a small stroke. Gram' took her, since they both had appts., but she doesn't know if the Dr. told mom that he thinks that she had a stroke, or if mom asked the Dr. if she might have had one. Right now, her speech is slightly slurred, but she also didn't get to sleep until yesterday evening at my gram's place. So we'll have to wait and see what we can find out. Right now, we aren't even sure if it was a stroke, and whether or not it happened because of the fall or was the cause of the fall.