Reading Order?

I am new to the works of the esteemed Comicality.

I have read My Only Escape and The Secret Diary of Billy Chase. They are two very different types of stories but both have an insight and depth that is uncommon and refreshing.

Is there any particular reading order suggested by the author or suggested by his fans?

Where is a good place to start? :read:

-JS

It doesn't really matter, cause in the end you'll have to read it all anyway ;)

I first read all his short stories. Now I am addicted to reading series though.

Gone From Daylight is his best story I think, but if that means you should

keep it for the winter nights next to your open hearth, or start reading it

right away, I can't say.

Aleric

I started with New Kid first, which was actually quite a good move for me, I later realized. It was of general theme, er, or 'light'. Humorous too. I set it apart from the other stories because of its teenage theme. The Others are just so mature-- Deep, angsty, and philosophical.

I liked the other stories though (specifically the Sci-fis), much more than New Kid. Just for the simple fact that they made me *Think*. And have a lot of Action too (not those kind of action! Hehehe). Mysterious and dark, just the way I like it.

Read New kid first as an introduction to Com's writing, lest you be shocked by GFD and Savage Moon. Magic man is good too.

Beast,

I think you'll find Comicality's work has a place right along that of Dewey, Drake and Graeme (if not above), but has a dark quality not fully embraced by the others. I started with New Kid and ended up reading in alphabetical order (i'm only slightly neurotic).

Snow Dog

You can start with GFD, that's my favorite too, but in the end you'll end up reading it all. Trust me, ever story on comsie's site is worth the read.

I know dewey's stories is kind of confusing when trying to put the series' in the right order. That's not the case with Comsie, his series aren't connected like Dewey's (which are really all one big series). The only possible exception to that is the "Rainy Day" update, which is very cool, so make sure you hit the Website+ button and check it out ;-)

::Bows gracefully before his audience::

Hehehe! Thanks you guys! :) Actually...I think it's better to leave the selection of stories up to the folks who love them best. So their advice is the path to follow. I have a personal 'top ten' stories that I've written on the "Website Plus" section of my site if you want to know my personal favorites. But that's purely from a writing standpoint. Listen to the readers. They know this stuff a lot better than I do. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..