Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Cops charge goat with car theft...

Thought y'all might find this interesting. And for the record, I've never been to Nigeria, so it isn't me! :P

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_.../odd_goat_thief

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) - One of Nigeria's biggest daily newspapers reported that police implicated a goat in an attempted automobile theft. In a front-page article on Friday, the Vanguard newspaper said that two men tried to steal a Mazda car two days earlier in Kwara State, with one suspect transforming himself into a goat as vigilantes cornered him.

The paper quoted police spokesman Tunde Mohammed as saying that while one suspect escaped, the other transformed into a goat as he was about to be apprehended.

The newspaper reported that police paraded the goat before journalists, and published a picture of the animal.

Police in the state couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

OOps! I goofed on the URL. The one in the original post now links to the story. (It's real, BTW)

As for an alibi, all I have is my precious reputation as a sweet, innocent (and quiet) goat. 0:)

all three of those attributes can be emphatically denied with evidence and past behavior...

• Site Administrator

I'm kind of glad that you included the link. I was however surprised that you on purpose left off the last sentance from the article:

Belief in black magic is widespread in Nigeria, particularly in far-flung rural areas.

I guess what you were trying to hide was the fact that goats are the results of black magic being used on criminals :P .

Care to tell us about your younger years CJ? :D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..