Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Wardroom

that would be so awesome to link the two series in this and possibly other ways !!!! :worship:

If Max (and his darn father) are direct, legitimately male-line descendants of George,

they are in any case in remainder to become Peers of the United Kingdom, and moreover

there's a high genealogical likelihood that sooner or later, they will actually inherit a peerage.

Namely, it's generally a tough business to maintain a male line from 1700s to about 2000. Usually, only rare branches of a family are lucky enough in that.

The odds for such inheritance will double, if George himself happens to receive a peerage (such as, baron of Brentwood) in his old age as reward for his exploits in the service of the crown

ch10:

uh huh.

gang rapes are in dreams of only some, not all.

still, I cannot deduce whether the boy however were gay.

Why do I have a feeling that Devlin is going to be bottomized ?

well, it has been my experience that a vast majority of gays want to bottom :)

Well the only empirical evidence we have is our less-than-scholarly GA poll. GA: Top or Bottom Poll

Of the gay men who responded, 30 actually, 17 were bottoms and 13 were tops. That works out to about 57% being bottoms. A majority, but not a vast majority.

So I'm wondering why you hang out with all these bottoms? That would seem to be a bit, uh, frustrating for you.

So I'm wondering why you hang out with all these bottoms? That would seem to be a bit, uh, frustrating for you.

I love all these bottoms :)

by the way, any survey based on the simple answer of the sample persons, will have the biasing effects of cognitive dissonance.

For example, if something is perceived as shameful, or less valued...., the number of that answer will be smaller than the reality. Reversely, if something is perceived as more appreciated, the number of that answer will be higher than the reality.

A way to improve the reliability of a survey would be to make in-depth interviews, with objective criteria and unambiguous terms, seeking interviewee information about -for example- his dreams, desires, habits, feelings....

Of the gay men who responded, 30 actually, 17 were bottoms and 13 were tops. That works out to about 57% being bottoms.

cognitive dissonance is, of course, not eliminated from that.

there might be a dose of unrealistic self-flattering in those answers :)

how about interpreting these results as follows:

the 57% who recognized themselves to be primarily bottoms, are genuine bottoms and honest about it.

of the 43% who claim to be 'primarily' tops, a small portion actually would be primarily tops, and a bigger share are so-called versatiles - however reporting themselves as 'mainly top' mostly because they have topped under some circumstances during the past two years at least once, and being top is regarded more manly. Of course, their main usage might well be bottoming.

I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this eventually. Let's make that a top priority! We'll conduct a thorough investigation of the issues, top to bottom. The investigation will so tense, the bottom will fall out.

Anyone gagging yet? :P

This is seriously getting old. ^_^

How would you classify a straight man who requires his female partner to wear a strap-on? Now that's far more interesting. B):D

So we're not discussing the story anymore? :blink:

I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this eventually. Let's make that a top priority! We'll conduct a thorough investigation of the issues, top to bottom. The investigation will so tense, the bottom will fall out.

Anyone gagging yet? :P

This is seriously getting old. ^_^

How would you classify a straight man who requires his female partner to wear a strap-on? Now that's far more interesting. B):D

So we're not discussing the story anymore? :blink:

I agree. And here I thought that was a pretty good chapter.

Mark,

Work has kept me from posting (all my parents' fault; they should have made me a trust fund baby!). As we're allowed to be honest here, I wasn't a big fan of The Gunroom. Suck, f**k, shoot, over and over, with not a lot of character development or sailing or battles at sea. With the characters introduced in The Gunroom you've hit your stride and I love The Wardroom.

Bryan

Mark,

Work has kept me from posting (all my parents' fault; they should have made me a trust fund baby!). As we're allowed to be honest here, I wasn't a big fan of The Gunroom. Suck, f**k, shoot, over and over, with not a lot of character development or sailing or battles at sea. With the characters introduced in The Gunroom you've hit your stride and I love The Wardroom.

Bryan

Personally, I thought there was a lot of expert navigating in The Gunroom. :P

I agree. And here I thought that was a pretty good chapter.

Chapter 10 was an excellent chapter. :worship::worship: Once again, Granger shined. He's just not one for covering things up. :P Particularly when Travers is about. :wub:

I must ask, though, if the captains involved wanted to avoid a scandal, why did they wait until poor Shafte got buggered before putting a stop to the whole affair?

Chapter 10 was an excellent chapter. :worship::worship: Once again, Granger shined. He's just not one for covering things up. :P Particularly when Travers is about. :wub:

I must ask, though, if the captains involved wanted to avoid a scandal, why did they wait until poor Shafte got buggered before putting a stop to the whole affair?

Great question Conner. I didn't really think about that, I just tried to put myself in the situation that they'd be in the next day. Ever been involved in something the night before, when it seemed so smart, and then in the morning you just wish you could forget all about it? (Yeah, I know, for you that's every Saturday night :P ).

If I was in Knight's mind, I'd say that he was keyed up, catching the miscreants, wanting to really nail them, pissed off as hell that something like that would happen in HIS ship. Then, the next morning, realizing how embarrassing it was, and how badly it reflected on him and his officers, the attraction of hushing it all up would be pretty strong.

I was amazed that Knight let it go as far as it did, but I guess as Mark said, being keyed up probably clouded his judgement somewhat.

You can't very well charge someone with buggery if they haven't actually...er...buggered anyone. The captain had to wait for a crime to be committed.

At least, this was my thought when I read the passage.

Yes, but 10 is an exciting chapter too. :D

you weren't kidding!! :lmao: chapter 10 was awesome!!! from the unfolding events i can only guess who's going to be axed in chapter 11 :)

a big mahalo as always for sharing your ingenious writing talent :2thumbs:

Canada repealed its sodomy laws in 1969. Curious that. :P I was 19 at the time. Sadly, I wasn't paying attention. :lmao:

Great chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

It seems Granger will have to find a way to keep Mr. Shafte afloat.

It seems that Granger's relationship with Shafte seems to be getting stronger, I wonder what this means long term for him and Travers. He's not f***ing 'Julian' anymore, they're making love.....interesting. I can't see it lasting, it going to take someone a bit special to prize George

• Like 1

oooh wow chapter 11 was definitely worth the wait...the hanging...the lashing...those buggers had it coming.

from the look of things it looks like george and julian are getting pretty tight!!! i noticed how they don't have sex anymore they "make love"! can't wait to see what's gonna happen next :2thumbs:

Napoleon Bonaparte was born as Napoleon Buonaparte, the second son of a Corsican family with dual Italian heritage: his father Carlo descended from Francesco Buonaparte, a Florentine who had emigrated in the mid-sixteenth century. Napoleon's mother was a Ramolino, a family who arrived in Corsica c. 1500. For a while Carlo, his wife and their children were all Buonapartes, but a growing French influence on both Corsica, and the family, caused them to adopt the French version of their name: Bonaparte.

Bonaparte/Buonaparte

Napoleon Bonaparte was born the second of seven children, in Casa Buonaparte in the town of Ajaccio, Corsica, on 15 August 1769, one year after the island was transferred to France by the Republic of Genoa.[1] He was initially named Napoleone di Buonaparte, but later adopted the more French-sounding Napol

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..