Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

If It Fits

Well, everyone's feeling better. I know I am. :D

That was a chapter and a half, Mark! Well done! :worship::worship:

Cody, the Healer! I like that! :wub: I truly believe that he's being sincere in his feelings toward Stef. Besides, he fully understands what could happen to him if he isn't. :2hands: At this stage, their age difference is not getting in the way. I'm unsure that their relationship can be longterm, at least romantically. I'm anxious to see how this develops. :read:

Is fisting making a comeback??? :P

• Like 1

Conner, fisting isn't making a comeback, at least not in this story, although it is tempting because it combines the ultimate in kink (or close to it) with incredible trust and intimacy.

Enric, just because Cody bottomed once doesn't mean he's turning into a bottom. Don't get your hopes up. The boy's born to be a top. :P

• Like 1
Enric, just because Cody bottomed once doesn't mean he's turning into a bottom. Don't get your hopes up. The boy's born to be a top. :P

well, I think that of course, the 10% who are supposed to be tops, need that one representative.

Last count, I think there was many more than 9 bottoms in the story already.... :)

However, as Cody started to appreciate his own bottoming (wouldn't that style be actually called 'power bottom'?), should we actually label him as 'versatile', NOT a 'top' :)

about the great topic of 'top':

The tops have actually a *lot* of pressures.

1) so immense number of bottoms, it's so imbalanced in numbers

2) a top needs to keep it up, which means that he would not be of any use for cases he does not lust for at all. A bottom can always 'pretend'; a top's *tool* will reveal his possible play-acting pretty soon.

In these circumstances, I do not wonder at all why natural selection has made so few to be tops. It's because then, there's going to be a satisfactory number of attractive bottoms and versatiles, to lust for; to be his sexual partners.

Of course, that leaves the unattractive portion of bottoms to pretty lousy fate: only rarely, they would enjoy real cock; their sexual congresses being much more often with dildoes and such...

That was really a surprising development with Erik running off to sulk. Turns out he's just a spoiled boy. Cody is definitely the alpha. :wub:

Cody's new found emotional maturity continues to amaze me. He seems very much in touch with his feelings and has no trouble meeting them head on. He hasn't totally figured out what he wants from his relationship with Stef. I'm just thinking that, if he decide he wants Stef more permanently, he'll fight for him....and in spite of Stef's feelings for JP.

JP and Stef as lesbians - what a hoot. :lmao:

Great chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

• Like 1

Yeah i definatly Got a little kick abou the lezbian thing...i do wish we could be in brads persona again....he was developed so perfectly....although JAcks persona would be interesting....although we know he's straight maybe Cheating is in the mix? haha if only. It was nice to see Clair again.

Uhhh Cody is cool....Devolped wierdly though and i can't pinpoint it either...he gives me a feeling that he's dangerous and untrustworth. i Feel his relationship with seff is fake...

Oh by the way you left us on ANOTHER hook....Seff walking away from JP after he Drops that BOMB. lol

One other Thing have you ever thought of Writing a Parelle Novel???? like Jeffs Side to him meeting JP or Rogers or Erics or Isadore's even Robbie's.

Orson Scott Card did it with the Book Ender's Game, with Enders Shadow...if you get a chance to read....VERY good. But Fiction!

• Like 1

Yeah i definatly Got a little kick abou the lezbian thing...i do wish we could be in brads persona again....he was developed so perfectly....although JAcks persona would be interesting....although we know he's straight maybe Cheating is in the mix? haha if only. It was nice to see Clair again.

Uhhh Cody is cool....Devolped wierdly though and i can't pinpoint it either...he gives me a feeling that he's dangerous and untrustworth. i Feel his relationship with seff is fake...

Oh by the way you left us on ANOTHER hook....Seff walking away from JP after he Drops that BOMB. lol

One other Thing have you ever thought of Writing a Parelle Novel???? like Jeffs Side to him meeting JP or Rogers or Erics or Isadore's even Robbie's.

Orson Scott Card did it with the Book Ender's Game, with Enders Shadow...if you get a chance to read....VERY good. But Fiction!

I HATE stories where they write from two points of view simultaneously. Only truly superb authors can pull it off (like Orson Scott Card..and those books were magnificent). I think you have two choices. Write in the first person point of view, where you live their life, or write in the third person (like I'm doing with The Wardroom) where you have more lee-way to move between characters.

• Like 1

about the great topic of 'top':

The tops have actually a *lot* of pressures.

1) so immense number of bottoms, it's so imbalanced in numbers

2) a top needs to keep it up, which means that he would not be of any use for cases he does not lust for at all. A bottom can always 'pretend'; a top's *tool* will reveal his possible play-acting pretty soon.

In these circumstances, I do not wonder at all why natural selection has made so few to be tops. It's because then, there's going to be a satisfactory number of attractive bottoms and versatiles, to lust for; to be his sexual partners.

Of course, that leaves the unattractive portion of bottoms to pretty lousy fate: only rarely, they would enjoy real cock; their sexual congresses being much more often with dildoes and such...

1) I think it's selfish to be one or the other. Versatile for the winner.

2) Sometimes you need to switch it up. :boy:

By the way, I'm Loving this story. Stefan has always been my favorite character. I know I'll probably be flogged for saying this, but he needs to end up with JP! They're perfect for each other. As always, your stories keep me enthralled, my fellow tiger. :D

• Like 1

... I think it's selfish to be one or the other. Versatile for the winner.

How would you make the immensely big number of gays who are bottoms, to change ??

It looks to me like you are desiring a miracle - actually thousands of miracles... millions of miracles...

1) I think it's selfish to be one or the other. Versatile for the winner.

2) Sometimes you need to switch it up. :boy:

By the way, I'm Loving this story. Stefan has always been my favorite character. I know I'll probably be flogged for saying this, but he needs to end up with JP! They're perfect for each other. As always, your stories keep me enthralled, my fellow tiger. :D

I couldn't agree with you more. To limit yourself to one aspect completely (topping or bottoming) takes away a major aspect of relationship sexuality. I'm sure some guys do it, but I have yet to meet a gay top who has never bottomed, or a bottom that has never topped.

• Like 1

why did steph and JP so readily accept cody's glib analysis of erik's behaviour? to me, erik's analysis was just simplistic trading in stereotypes and implied that erik had an infantile understanding of his sexuality and his relationship to JP (and steph). erik has yet to be developed as a character in the story, and given the hustler stereotype, perhaps i should not expect too much from him; but JP and steph are not exactly intellectual lightweights, which makes me wonder why they so readily accepted cody's theory - or do i expect too much from a relationship (or story)?

otherwise,an excellent story, another triumph for the CAP series; mark is to be congratulated, and encouraged to continue.

• Like 1

why did steph and JP so readily accept cody's glib analysis of erik's behaviour? to me, erik's analysis was just simplistic trading in stereotypes and implied that erik had an infantile understanding of his sexuality and his relationship to JP (and steph). erik has yet to be developed as a character in the story, and given the hustler stereotype, perhaps i should not expect too much from him; but JP and steph are not exactly intellectual lightweights, which makes me wonder why they so readily accepted cody's theory - or do i expect too much from a relationship (or story)?

otherwise,an excellent story, another triumph for the CAP series; mark is to be congratulated, and encouraged to continue.

First of all, welcome! And thanks for your encouragement.

I think people often hear what they want to hear, and Cody gave them a plausible reason for Erik's behavior and they went with it. For Stef, he wouldn't want to dwell on it, because having Erik around isn't in his best interest. JP wouldn't want to dwell on it either, because he hates having his personal life as the focus of discussion. So they may or may not have thought it made sense, but in the end, it helped them move on, and that was enough.

• Like 1

Okay, Mark, I've read Ch. 12...you are an expert at plot twists, but you know that already don't you? I particularly was surprised by the Marcel incident in Chicago and the incident at the dinner table at Escorial, but I'm pleased that you have Stef willing to give Marcel a chance to realize what he's done and repair his relationships with the family--mainly because Marcel's being in the US is because of Stef in the first place... Keep up the great writing! I can't wait for the next, and the next and the next....

Edited by kjames
  • Like 1

Okay, Mark, I've read Ch. 12...you are an expert at plot twists, but you know that already don't you? I particularly was surprised by the Marcel incident in Chicago and the incident at the dinner table at Escorial, but I'm pleased that you have Stef willing to give Marcel a chance to realize what he's done and repair his relationships with the family--mainly because Marcel's being in the US is because of Stef in the first place... Keep up the great writing! I can't wait for the next, and the next and the next....

Thanks! Stef is a forgiving soul. Just say you're sorry and you're back in...and with him, that's often literal. :D

• Like 1

well... here it is... I must admit I grew fond of Cody and his "special ability" (more likely a lot of experience), it gave the story some special flavour, some icing ^_^ So what about this poor guy? ;) There were some hints though, but it makes another one left-out... We have an odd number of men! We need another hero! :D

On the other hand the whole chapter was marvelous! But it seems that As it fits will end soon... another short short story? Mark what's happening to you? Where are those 30, 40-chapter long stories? :)

• Like 1

well... here it is... I must admit I grew fond of Cody and his "special ability" (more likely a lot of experience), it gave the story some special flavour, some icing ^_^ So what about this poor guy? ;) There were some hints though, but it makes another one left-out... We have an odd number of men! We need another hero! :D

On the other hand the whole chapter was marvelous! But it seems that As it fits will end soon... another short short story? Mark what's happening to you? Where are those 30, 40-chapter long stories? :)

I think the longer story he's working on now is The Wardroom to be honest. This one I do not think is meant to be as long. However, there could be some misdirection on his part, so you never know. The ending of the chapter was great though. This is what I thought should happen. Finally, JP and Stefan can be together. I'm excited. :D

• Like 1

What are you Paya? A size Queen? :D

I actually finished the rough drafts of "If It Fits" and it was 21 chapters. But I don't like the ending, so I'm re-writing it and it will probably go a little longer than that.

"Wardroom" should be about 25 chapters long.

• Like 1

What are you Paya? A size Queen? :D

I actually finished the rough drafts of "If It Fits" and it was 21 chapters. But I don't like the ending, so I'm re-writing it and it will probably go a little longer than that.

"Wardroom" should be about 25 chapters long.

well you know, we say "Even a small clown can make a big performance" ;) but regarding your stories, YEP, I'm a size queen ;) never have enough :P siiigh... I'm spoiled!

glad to hear you're re-writing that bad ending (no matter why it was bad) ;) now you don't want to be flamed alive (again :D ) for some inadvertency, do you? ;)

well you know, we say "Even a small clown can make a big performance" ;) but regarding your stories, YEP, I'm a size queen ;) never have enough :P siiigh... I'm spoiled!

glad to hear you're re-writing that bad ending (no matter why it was bad) ;) now you don't want to be flamed alive (again :D ) for some inadvertency, do you? ;)

I've been flamed before, and I'll be flamed again. But I do try to avoid it.

I HATE stories where they write from two points of view simultaneously. Only truly superb authors can pull it off (like Orson Scott Card..and those books were magnificent). I think you have two choices. Write in the first person point of view, where you live their life, or write in the third person (like I'm doing with The Wardroom) where you have more lee-way to move between characters.

Hmmmmmmm I find them quite entertaining...."Terry Goodkind" The Author Of the Sword of Truth Series....or the Basis for the T.V Series "Legend of the Seeker" did an awesome job at writing in two differnt people at the same time. I pretty much know his Characters Kahlan Amnell and Riched Rahl like no tomorrow, and i love them both. Very good!

Now i hate movies like Lord of the rings who tried to do the same thing.....Frankly i skip all the Hobbit parts and get to the WAR! lol Seriously it sucks now but i love the movies.

I love Descriptive stories that really get into the technicall aspect of reading people and Society and well everything. The Technical Aspect of Stefs Business Intrigued me totaly, although i'm surprised he's only had one SCARE and never any more....I think Stef could use a Money scare again!!! Maybe Throw Some Stones Brads way who i adore for a Character!

Max....i love too....Cody, still a little off about him....i don't trust him....i think he could come between JP and Stef Now!! How come AIDS is Out of the picture These days also??? no one close has died yet....i think someone needs to die again and creat emotional trama & disaster in the family only to bring them closer.......Clair with a Stillborn?? That would be so Painfull!

But that's just suggestions and things that may give you ideas on how to go with future stories. lol i don't want to change what you have i love it all!!! But since your rewriting maybe this will create a very different ending!!

Great work Mark #1 (That's you Tiger #1 lol)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..