Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

If It Fits

that was a great chapter. i'm glad greg had finally come to his senses and made things right not just with Stef but with Robbie as well. but as everyone is saying i don't think this is the end of it :D hehehee i can't wait to see what's stiring in the pot ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, another great chapter.

Greg finally wakes up & smells the coffee, and not before time. I seriously thought the guy was heading for his grave the way he was going.

Wow that is some penis extension Greg has bought, long & wide, but will it fit in the narrow docks? :lol:

• Like 1
Yeah, another great chapter.

Greg finally wakes up & smells the coffee, and not before time. I seriously thought the guy was heading for his grave the way he was going.

Wow that is some penis extension Greg has bought, long & wide, but will it fit in the narrow docks? :lol:

I suspect the narrow docks will ultimately yield to it, after a bit of prepration. :o

• Like 1
Ah Mr.Arbour how i love your sexual humor :) "I'm a literary slut". I must say i'm totally loving this new story. Leave it to me to get hooked on a story that's a saga so when i'm not being lazy maybe i'll start from the beginning of the others. Incase there's stuff the reader isn't supposed to know unless they read the others, I did that with Anne Rice. read them in the wrong order fall in love with a character and they die in the next book. Or read them when the character is dead and start agian when that same character is back alive.

I think i'm liking this because theres a sadness here and loniliness and such. Or maybe i'm reading it wrong. But i'm enjoying it so that's the main thing.

I've told this child to go and beat on that predator first so the saga will make more sense, you know, the whole spectrum with all the characters, yada, yada, yada, etc.!! If only my children would listen to me! *sigh*

Anywho, Mark, Love :wub:Love :wub:Love :wub: this story!!! Oh, Yeah, U2! :P

• Like 1

Chapter 3 is excellent! :worship::worship:

Well, talk about going from a high to a low. :( I was truly saddened by Greg's passing - particularly given the circumstances of his death. My sadness is mainly for Stef. He had finally suceeded in getting Greg to retire and then it all blew up. Changing one's stripes is difficult.

I was hoping that the heart attack would be Greg's wake up call. Not meant to be.

Needless to say, I'm curious how Lou will fit into the story. He's another one who needs to change his stripes. My first thought I had when learning of the money Greg left him was it (the money) would be the death of him.

The title makes a lot more sense to me. "If it fits" will become the way Stef will lead his life. I'm just wondering if that means he may go back to his "slutty" ways. I sure hope so! :D

• Like 1
Chapter 3 is excellent! :worship::worship:

Well, talk about going from a high to a low. :( I was truly saddened by Greg's passing - particularly given the circumstances of his death. My sadness is mainly for Stef. He had finally suceeded in getting Greg to retire and then it all blew up. Changing one's stripes is difficult.

I was hoping that the heart attack would be Greg's wake up call. Not meant to be.

Needless to say, I'm curious how Lou will fit into the story. He's another one who needs to change his stripes. My first thought I had when learning of the money Greg left him was it (the money) would be the death of him.

The title makes a lot more sense to me. "If it fits" will become the way Stef will lead his life. I'm just wondering if that means he may go back to his "slutty" ways. I sure hope so! :D

Thanks Conner.

You're right about the title, but I actually paraphrased it from the most famous line of 1995, during the OJ Simpson trial: "If it does not fit, you must acquit." That was freaking hilarious.

It's hard to imagine Stefan with something that does not fit. :blink:

• Like 1

Ahh, I remember a comment I made in the chat the other day! There IS still hope for JP and Stef then! It is still sad to see Greg go in such a way though. I, like Conner, thought it would be his wake up call, I even envisioned Stef beating him on the chest and Greg taking a deep breath coming back to life! That's what I get for thinking, huh!

I'm hoping Lou doesn't think he can replace Greg though.

Great Chapter nonetheless!

• Like 1

Well...Mark, you've done it again and reduced me to a blubbering romantic in less than 5 chapters... I was sort of anticipating that Greg was going to HA out....but didn't expect it so soon, or in the office like that, I was expecting it on the yacht... I hope that Robbie's taking over the production co. doesn't change the dynamic between him and Brad, either. I don't think that Steph is going to be quite as promiscuous as he was in the past, if his mentioning a condom to Lou is any indication--they're at 1995, after all, and more aware of what's going on after having lost Roger, Mouse, Peter, Jake and Sam to the ravages of AIDS.

In the last couple of weeks, I found it necessary to go back and read (not re-read) the entire CAP series--I needed the character histories so that I could better understand some of the references being made...I stopped at Be Rad Ch. 30, which was where I remember the rest of the story from (I started last year at Ch. 20 or so), just after Mouse came into the picture--which was also quite a whirlwind from there forward. Mark, go back and check the editing (and contextual spellings), now that your own writing style has improved, and you've got a good team behind you.

I don't know if anyone's told you this yet, but after If It Fits is complete you should submit the entire series, as ONE book, to publishing houses--you're absolutely out of your mind if you don't.

• Like 1

Wow I was definitely not expecting this chapter until Friday :P ~ But it is more than welcome anyways!

That was definitely an emotional chapter....I had a feeling that Greg was going to be axed...you've been hinting it since the start..how his job and health is going to kill him...i just wasn't expecting it so soon. Like the others I thought it might have been an eye opener for him...but not the case indeed.

Lou coming back in the picture...hmm I don't know about him. For some reason I never really was into his character since he was first introduced in MIM. The only part i ever connected with his character was when Stef found out during Christmas that he was the boy from the time he and brad had visited his old apartment. But this chapter alone it seems that he could be en route to changing his lifestyle for the better. I can't wait to see what happens next!

I'm definitely rooting for JP and Stef to get together....they've both lost their partners and this might be the perfect time....

Thanks Mark!! I'm crossing my fingers that the next chapter will come out sooner than later :D

:worship::worship::worship:

• Like 1
I'm definitely rooting for JP and Stef to get together....they've both lost their partners and this might be the perfect time....

Now why didn't I think of that? :wacko: It Fits. Or hopefully it will by the end of the story. I think Stef will be trying things on for the next while, you know, seeing how things fit. :D

Stef told Lou that he sees him as a man in pain. :( That caught my attention. All I recall about Lou is that he came from a poor family and that there was no dad in the picture. I'm hoping we get to hear his story. He's really right for Stef right now, that's a no brainer.

Imagine being sexy enough to make a straight hunky Swede want to f**k you. Stef must be in heaven. Good on him for using the venture capital argument to keep our horny Swede around!

• Like 1

Who the F* is Jason? I thought that reading the whole saga from the beginning CAP to the end of these chapters will prevent me from misunderstandings but I got lost. I have an idea that Jason's roots are somewhere in the Land Whore and there was something like a business espionage on Stefan or something like that - is he that man that tried with some bi*ch to steal Stefan's papers? And the man, T.A. of JP in Chicago who became a history teacher in Claremont was J...what? That wasn't Jason as well? siiigh... These comebacks are getting more and more confusing. :wacko:

On the other hand, a very nice twist indeed! Very refreshing, just one-chapter long, no cliffhanger, but a lot of action. A very nice chapter! :read:

• Like 1
Who the F* is Jason? I thought that reading the whole saga from the beginning CAP to the end of these chapters will prevent me from misunderstandings but I got lost. I have an idea that Jason's roots are somewhere in the Land Whore and there was something like a business espionage on Stefan or something like that - is he that man that tried with some bi*ch to steal Stefan's papers? And the man, T.A. of JP in Chicago who became a history teacher in Claremont was J...what? That wasn't Jason as well? siiigh... These comebacks are getting more and more confusing. :wacko:

On the other hand, a very nice twist indeed! Very refreshing, just one-chapter long, no cliffhanger, but a lot of action. A very nice chapter! :read:

Jason first appeared in CAP as JP's tortured (literally and figuratively) TA. He made another appearance in Land Whore, working to raise money for Stefan in their brokerage operation. He vanished from sight after that, with no explanation until now. A loose end to tie up. Kind of like Joaquin. I figured since Stef was narrating, it was a good opportunity to work them back in.

So here I was, supposing that you were wondering what the f**k happened to these guys, and you don't even care? LOL.

• Like 1
Jason first appeared in CAP as JP's tortured (literally and figuratively) TA. He made another appearance in Land Whore, working to raise money for Stefan in their brokerage operation. He vanished from sight after that, with no explanation until now. A loose end to tie up. Kind of like Joaquin. I figured since Stef was narrating, it was a good opportunity to work them back in.

So here I was, supposing that you were wondering what the f**k happened to these guys, and you don't even care? LOL.

So it was him! Now the reference to his demons gets the right meaning... I just wondered if it is really that Jason who I thought ended up as a history teacher in Claremont. But what - this is like 179th episode of this saga and one can't remember everything...

Who said we don't care? :-) We sure as hell know that if you want, you'll tell us sooner than everyone would expect ;-D We just have to sit comfortably and wait... ;-)

• Like 1

Chapter 6 was remarkable. Lots of great dialogue. I really enjoyed it. :worship::worship:

For some reason, I have this sense that maybe JP is setting Stefan up with this Eric dude. Not necessarily for anything long term...just a happy interlude. :D I should have friends like JP.

• Like 1
Chapter 6 was remarkable. Lots of great dialogue. I really enjoyed it. :worship::worship:

For some reason, I have this sense that maybe JP is setting Stefan up with this Eric dude. Not necessarily for anything long term...just a happy interlude. :D I should have friends like JP.

I sort of got that impression, too, Conner. Given Stephan's past, I think he's more of a bottom than anything else, in terms of frequency...and just wants a good caring top who will bottom once in a while--examples: The Yacht captain in is well hung, Eric seems well hung also, Greg was reasonably well hung, Luke was, Josh was, Roger was, Dirk was...

Paya: Before I started reading "If It Fits" I DID go back and read Marks "CAP" series from the beginning--and I pushed myself to do it, too. I wanted to know the characters' histories within the context of the story arc. I would suggest doing it, as it really helped me to do so; it explains a lot of JPs emotional pain and why he has those strong mental barriers, as well as the family's inter-relationships and interpersonal dynamics. But be ready with a box of tissues...I had to use a roll of paper towels and was crying through several chapters.

Mark: If you try to loop the Wardroom/Bridgemont series around as an ancestorial prequel to CAP, you are going to find yourself in a great deal of pain... :lol:

Edited by kjames
  • Like 1
I sort of got that impression, too, Conner. Given Stephan's past, I think he's more of a bottom than anything else, in terms of frequency...and just wants a good caring top who will bottom once in a while--examples: The Yacht captain in is well hung, Eric seems well hung also, Greg was reasonably well hung, Luke was, Josh was, Roger was, Dirk was...

Paya: Before I started reading "If It Fits" I DID go back and read Marks "CAP" series from the beginning--and I pushed myself to do it, too. I wanted to know the characters' histories within the context of the story arc. I would suggest doing it, as it really helped me to do so; it explains a lot of JPs emotional pain and why he has those strong mental barriers, as well as the family's inter-relationships and interpersonal dynamics. But be ready with a box of tissues...I had to use a roll of paper towels and was crying through several chapters.

Mark: If you try to loop the Wardroom/Bridgemont series around as an ancestorial prequel to CAP, you are going to find yourself in a great deal of pain... :lol:

I don't like pain, so I'll keep that in mind. Seriously, not much of a worry there.

• Like 1

kjames Well, I don't know if I understand right what you're trying to tell me, but I did read the whole series of the CAP from the beginning. I even started reading them like that because I found CAP at first and it was when Mark was issuing Be Rad I think. So I read the whole series and what I wanted to say was that with so many characters appearing and disappearing I finally lost track of some of them, like Jason. I just wanted to make sure if I guess rightly - I knew about Jason from CAP but I somehow forgot he met with Stefan (again) in Land Whore. Because there were more people trying to rip off Stefan.

Anyway, is this setting up of Stefan something like psycho-hygiene or what? Why did Benjamin disappear so quickly? I just started to think about anouther kinky stuff that should keep JP attached to this dork and now he's gone. JP wouldn't pretend to have another boyfriend to send him off to Stefan and get back to Benjamin, would he? That would be nasty... and really kinky! :D

Edited by paya
kjames Well, I don't know if I understand right what you're trying to tell me, but I did read the whole series of the CAP from the beginning. I even started reading them like that because I found CAP at first and it was when Mark was issuing Be Rad I think. So I read the whole series and what I wanted to say was that with so many characters appearing and disappearing I finally lost track of some of them, like Jason. I just wanted to make sure if I guess rightly - I knew about Jason from CAP but I somehow forgot he met with Stefan (again) in Land Whore. Because there were more people trying to rip off Stefan.

Anyway, is this setting up of Stefan something like psycho-hygiene or what? Why did Benjamin disappear so quickly? I just started to think about anouther kinky stuff that should keep JP attached to this dork and now he's gone. JP wouldn't pretend to have another boyfriend to send him off to Stefan and get back to Benjamin, would he? That would be nasty... and really kinky! :D

Well, I've been known to do nasty and kinky before.

I understand what you're saying about the myriad of characters Paya. You run into that again, you ask and I'll fill you in.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..