Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

If It Fits

You have no faith in me?

Don't you want a happy ending? Or is that just at the massage parlor? :P

And a happy ending there was.

I totally called it! It looks as thought there was love, maybe lust... okay both between Cody and Brian. Anyway, I hope this is not the end. After all, surely there's some drama left to unfold. :2thumbs:

What a lovely ending to a mature relationship. Also so glad that Brian and Cody found each other! That sounds like a great new chapter in this series.

Keep up the great writing, Mark.

Daniel

ch25:

oh how syrupy :)

JP must be 60 at that time....(btw, in academia, established professors usually find that their younger colleagues make a jubileum book -full of articles written by others- for the 60th birthday, upon topics which have been the 'victim's fields of interest in the academic career)

in 2001, he surely is 65 or so?

in 2009, over 70

he is gonna live to be a nonagenarian, right ? a gay man, surrounded by hordes of great-grandchildren :)

by the way, examples: the obviously homosexual Philippe, duke of Aurelians, had lots of living grandkids at the time of his death in 1701

http://genealogics.org/descend.php?personID=I00000060&tree=LEO&displayoption=all&generations=3

you may want to check how the likeness of JP is described in Claire:

http://markarbour.ga...onicles/lw1.php

and the likeness of Jeff in the young Billy.

so, at least stef believes that this is a case where twins had different fathers.

Enric, I remembered Billy having been described as a 'twin' for Jeff's looks...that's why I did eventually go back and read the whole series from the start. I did not, however, remember the comparison of Claire to JP...she is, after all, female, and of less interest to me than the male characters in the story.

I really enjoyed reading this part of that story! And I'm really looking forward for a sequel - I'd so much enjoy the last chapter or better said that encounter between Cody and Brian from Cody's point of view! If he is the narrator of the sequel (I know, he's not Crampton nor he's coming from Claremont but come on! with his ability we could have so much fun!), so if he is the narrator, he could for example think back at that moment when they met... ;););) (I hope so many winks is sufficient. :D) It would certainly explain what exactly was Cody looking for and what he had found in Brian, what he saw in Brian's spirit.

Now there are three new chapters from the British Navy! Yay! Coming back from holidays has something about it! :-)

• 2 months later...

On a note i'd like to point out a major musical piece of history was left out.....and i grew up with with singer who got shot and died March 31 1995.....texas even declaird her Birthday.

Selena Qintasomething Perez.

Movie remake was in 1997 with Jenifer lopez

I really hate to bump this threat just for that but, i think it would've been cool because she's the first singer/celebrity that ever got Assasinated.

On a note i'd like to point out a major musical piece of history was left out.....and i grew up with with singer who got shot and died March 31 1995.....texas even declaird her Birthday.

Selena Qintasomething Perez.

Movie remake was in 1997 with Jenifer lopez

I really hate to bump this threat just for that but, i think it would've been cool because she's the first singer/celebrity that ever got Assasinated.

Jeremy?

Jeremy?

Yes, dear?

Oh, yeah. Mark M, I get what your saying, and I'm aware of Selena as well, but to be honest, I couldn't find a place for her two songs. "Dreaming" and "I want to Be With You" are great songs and I like them, but I didn't feel like they fit into what was going on in "If It Fits".

Also, Selena is not the first singer/celebrity to be assssinated. That would have been John Lennon in 1980. Which was actually included in Be Rad. Brad wasn't a big fan of John Lennon, but Ace and JP were.

There was also Marvin Gaye, who was killed in 1983 by his own father.

Oh, yeah. Mark M, I get what your saying, and I'm aware of Selena as well, but to be honest, I couldn't find a place for her two songs. "Dreaming" and "I want to Be With You" are great songs and I like them, but I didn't feel like they fit into what was going on in "If It Fits".

Well, if Matt slept with JP and Stefan again,

would work. 0:) Edited by Tiger

For those who don't know who Selena was -

Selena Quintanilla-Pérez (April 16, 1971 - March 31, 1995), best known mononymously as Selena, was a Mexican American singer who has been called "The Queen of Tejano music". The youngest child of a Mexican-American couple, Selena released her first album at the age of twelve. She won Female Vocalist of the Year at the 1987 Tejano Music Awards and landed a recording contract with EMI a few years later. Her fame grew throughout the early 1990s, especially in Spanish-speaking countries.

Selena attained further notability in North America after she was murdered at the age of 23 by Yolanda Saldívar, the president of her fan club. On April 12, 1995, two weeks after her death, George W. Bush, governor of Texas at the time, declared her birthday "Selena Day" in Texas. Warner Brothers made a film based on her life starring Jennifer Lopez in 1997 - this was not a remake by the way. And her life was featured in the musical Selena Forever starring Veronica Vazquez as Selena. As of June 2006, Selena was commemorated with a museum and a bronze life-sized statue (Mirador de la Flor in Corpus Christi, Texas), which are visited by hundreds of fans each week.

Edited by gmendias

Yes, dear?

Also, Selena is not the first singer/celebrity to be assssinated. That would have been John Lennon in 1980. Which was actually included in Be Rad. Brad wasn't a big fan of John Lennon, but Ace and JP were.

There was also Marvin Gaye, who was killed in 1983 by his own father.

oh ok wasn't too sure, i never did know how he did die though. It's funny though only someone of status gets the term assasinated, the rest get murdered. :D And i was not reffering to anything having to do with her songs going with if it fits, but that Mark just didn't cover it at all, i think that would've been pretty signifigant in thoughs times, especially with stef in the celebrity world....maybe she invested with him??? who knows. Just a little sad! love her.

Thanks! I have never heard about her before.

You are welcome, I was lucky enough to have met her once, before she became famous as just "Selena", when she was still the front for "Selena and Los Dinos", they played at a gay latino club here in Dallas before fame took her away from them.

biggrin.gif

Edited by gmendias
  • 1 year later...

You gotta love the conversation towards the end, where Robbie talks about this girlfriend he had that he thought he was in love with. Who happened to be pregnant and carrying his only biological child that he never got to raise.

He kinda dodged a bullet there, though. Imagine what Robbie's life would have been as a teen dad in that hell-hole of a town.

All in all an amazing series so far, but still a hell of a lot to catch up on.

Character development, attention to detail & amazing plot lines make the CAP series compelling reading & I can't wait to read more.

I'm kind of envious though, all that sex & cute guys... I may have to move! ;)

Why thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I think "Bloodlines" is better, though.

You gotta love the conversation towards the end, where Robbie talks about this girlfriend he had that he thought he was in love with. Who happened to be pregnant and carrying his only biological child that he never got to raise.

He kinda dodged a bullet there, though. Imagine what Robbie's life would have been as a teen dad in that hell-hole of a town.

No shit. A gay teen dad married to some narrow-minded woman.

Why thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I think "Bloodlines" is better, though.

I loving bloodlines as well, but am only upto chapter 16 at the moment.

Brian seems to be a little homewrecker in the makings, if they've sent him to Chicago, Marcel & Max better watch themselves! lol

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..