Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

If It Fits

I hope Marcel pulls through, it'd be awefully tragic for Jeff's only remaining child to die like that. As for Bruno, I liked him in Summer Love, but Fits has me praying that he is on the receiving end of some Crampton style justice.

Yeah, Bruno has definitely become a heel to say the least. Wow... methamphetamine overdose is pretty bad. It can basically cause seizures, arrhythmia, comatose, and a whole list of symptoms. I hope he doesn't die. :(

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Before you go worrying unduly about Marcel, ask yourself if after all the shit I got for killing off Jeff I'd really want to deal with killing off his son. :wacko:

I posted this in my group, but I'll comment on it here too. One of the fun things about writing is that you can make yourself laugh. Humor masturbation. So here are a few of my favorites from the last two chapters:

• Like 1

SPOILER alert!!!

Before you go worrying unduly about Marcel, ask yourself if after all the shit I got for killing off Jeff I'd really want to deal with killing off his son. :wacko:

I posted this in my group, but I'll comment on it here too. One of the fun things about writing is that you can make yourself laugh. Humor masturbation. So here are a few of my favorites from the last two chapters:

I should have worked in the scene to view JP's exp​ression when the guards told him Jim didn't know who he was.

And how am I supposed to make it through the night?! After such a cliffhanger! I shouldn't have read it. I should have gone sleeping to be fresh tomorrow for the tests but no, I had to read the new chapter. Now I'll have to wait for the next chapter until Saturday morning at least! Damn, I'm without the internet this weekend! ...so this was what flew my mind before getting here.

OK, that remark above is somewhat reassuring but Mark, you can't do this to me very often! Remember your readers became emotionally attached to your characters. Because of you! And how beautifully they were written...

As for Bruno, we can say he's a bastard (I hope such words are allowed here, last time I got that Warn Status for the F word...) but it also seems that he only took his chance from the situation. And what once seemed to be good for Max' psyche and self-confidence now caused its total destruction... quite interesting indeed. And as for me, totally unexpected. I let Mark pull my leg...

And also it was quite interesting how quickly Marcel went for drugs to deal with his issues. He seemed to me to be a strong personality... I'd understand his need to drown his sorrow in alcohol but why drugs? And I must say (although I'm some ten years younger "in real" than him I still compare him with me, because now-in 1995 he's around my age) it's mid90s, it's another era (than 1968), people knew about drugs and how dangerous they are - it wouldn't come to my mind to deal with this by using drugs. But it may be counted to the "rich people" effect - you have money for that and you try everything because you're bored, desperate, whatever...

Actually, most consider meth more of a poor man's drug, whereas cocaine is more of a rich man's drug. But that's not to say that an affluent person would never use it. This probably wasn't the first time he'd used the stuff as he'd been going to that club a lot, and gay clubs are notorious for drugs.

I'm going to hypothesize and get into character motivations, and in that sense, I don't know much about much. But I can understand Bruno's motivations very easily - he's an addict. He wants his party buddies. Marcel is alone and pretty well in the depths. With a lot of dough - an easy target.

Bruno, acting as an addict, has only his self interest at heart, and he's going to take any opportunity to keep the party going (by addicting others) and also to protect his own interests - access to the drugs. Ergo it's in his best interests to get Marcel addicted, and, more importantly, make him dependent on Bruno for his supply to more dope. Marcel is simply the shortest path to those goals.

There's no question that Bruno is a dirtbag, but I don't think his motivations involve destroying Marcel - I'd bet that if Bruno cleaned up his act, he'd feel incredibly guilty about what he's done to Marcel. it's just that his own self interest makes Marcel easy to sacrifice to his own ends.

Marcel has been hurt and abandoned, from his point of view, made worse by the fact that he knows he created the situation. It doesn't take much to get a depressed, lonely man with a very dim future (from his point of view) to just take a few hits - and that's all it takes to start the addiction going - a few parties with just a couple of hits rapidly turns into a lot of hits on the pipe. So Bruno took an opportunity and went for it.

Pretty sad.

Edited by Hoskins

Bruno has an addiction: young guys. And now that he's older, he has to work harder to get them. That means that he has to worm his way into their hearts by being a father figure (like he did with Marcel) and/or by inducting them into the drug culture. The guy was a wolf when he was young, and still is. He just has to use more tools to lure his prey into his office and bent over his desk.

I reall like the term "dirtbag" for Bruno! Thanks, Hoskins! :lmao:

I do feel badly for Marcel even though he's the author of his current situation. I can't get my head around why Marcel would find support in Bruno of all people. It seemed out of character for him not to rely on Max and Stef and JP. I had completely forgotten he was Jeff's son. I'm unsure his recovery will be an easy one. He truly must loathe himself.

I must say I'm angry with Max. He admitted to having punished Marcel for the hurt and pain Marcel had caused him. As karma goes, that's never a good thing to do to someone you still love. Max will pay a price too.

I'm pissed with Cody as well. He encouraged Max to stay in California longer. Telling Max that when he went back to Marcel in Chicago he'd be more of an equal vis-a-vis Marcel in terms of sexual experience. I must admit that I bought into that myself. So Cody's "people insight" fell flat on its face this time around.

I'm also pissed with Stef. He had guessed, presumably correctly, that Marcel was having a difficult time in dealing with Greg's death...yet Stef didn't seem to do anything about it. He too was busy punishing Marcel, if only passively, for being disloyal.

I'm so upset! I must have really enjoyed that chapter. :P

Well Conner, Marcel did betray Stef. That was his own doing. I don't think he should be blamed for it. Max, to an extent, is to blame, but no one put a gun to Marcel's head and told him to use meth. He did that on his own accord. He could have stayed in California if he had wanted to do so. He chose to leave. Remember?

I reall like the term "dirtbag" for Bruno! Thanks, Hoskins! :lmao:

I do feel badly for Marcel even though he's the author of his current situation. I can't get my head around why Marcel would find support in Bruno of all people. It seemed out of character for him not to rely on Max and Stef and JP. I had completely forgotten he was Jeff's son. I'm unsure his recovery will be an easy one. He truly must loathe himself.

I must say I'm angry with Max. He admitted to having punished Marcel for the hurt and pain Marcel had caused him. As karma goes, that's never a good thing to do to someone you still love. Max will pay a price too.

I'm pissed with Cody as well. He encouraged Max to stay in California longer. Telling Max that when he went back to Marcel in Chicago he'd be more of an equal vis-a-vis Marcel in terms of sexual experience. I must admit that I bought into that myself. So Cody's "people insight" fell flat on its face this time around.

I'm also pissed with Stef. He had guessed, presumably correctly, that Marcel was having a difficult time in dealing with Greg's death...yet Stef didn't seem to do anything about it. He too was busy punishing Marcel, if only passively, for being disloyal.

I'm so upset! I must have really enjoyed that chapter. :P

I love how you guys look at this and make me see things I didn't see before.

I think the most evil person of the bunch is Bruno. He found a guy that was really hurting (Marcel) and zeroed in on him, manipulating him, just so he could f**k him.

I'm not sure I can fault Max either. Having your partner really f**k you over would hurt pretty damn bad. Is it reasonable for him to say "OK, you said you're sorry, all is well"? Plus, he's used to guys like Lark (and Brad) that constantly breezed in and out of his life, using him and leaving him high and dry. Hell, they didn't even leave him high. To have Marcel do that must have really shaken him to the core.

And Stef. Here's a guy who lost his partner and has been going through his own odyssey to cope. I think the focus of his family should be on helping HIM, not expecting him to be working on helping everyone else.

Cody, well, I think Cody has amazing insight into everyone but himself.

Thanks very much for such an early posting of the new chapter! :2thumbs: There's another cliffhanger, although not so big, so I'm really curious how you'll handle that issue. There was a lot of films dealing with things like that, so it'll be nice to see the Crampton-Schluter solution... ;-)

Thanks very much for such an early posting of the new chapter! :2thumbs: There's another cliffhanger, although not so big, so I'm really curious how you'll handle that issue. There was a lot of films dealing with things like that, so it'll be nice to see the Crampton-Schluter solution... ;-)

I doubt it will resemble what you saw in those films. :D

Bruno has an addiction: young guys. And now that he's older, he has to work harder to get them. That means that he has to worm his way into their hearts by being a father figure (like he did with Marcel) and/or by inducting them into the drug culture. The guy was a wolf when he was young, and still is. He just has to use more tools to lure his prey into his office and bent over his desk.

See, I was looking for deeper motivations than that, and I am glad that I was wrong, now I will enjoy the dirtbag's comeuppance without guilt :)

sic em with some old fashioned Crampton style justice.

(and will JP really come out to Stefan with his deep dark secret heritage? Inquiring minds can't wait to find out...)

Well Conner, Marcel did betray Stef. That was his own doing. I don't think he should be blamed for it. Max, to an extent, is to blame, but no one put a gun to Marcel's head and told him to use meth. He did that on his own accord. He could have stayed in California if he had wanted to do so. He chose to leave. Remember?

I clearly stated that Marcel was the author of his own undoing. In life, there are always mitigating circumstances. Marcel took the drugs to masked his pain. Assigning blame and holding grudges are not even short term solutions. They simply damage the relationship more.

As Mark pointed out, Stef was hurting considerably as well at the time. I had overlooked that, I must admit.

As for Marcel staying in California, you can't be serious. Stay and watch Cody f**k his lover for a month? I don't think so. On top of that, Max wanted him gone. He wanted to hurt Marcel back. He succeeded nicely.

This was a Cliffhanger.....the other one didn't bug me as much!! seriously mark i think you need to give us a peacefully break, it's only making me think the end is near!! :'( but on another note.....very well done chapter! thanks mark!

Bitchy..again i also mean bitty best have some firepower if she wants her kids...like seriously....wow...5 or ten perople will millions in the bank and she thinks she can just up and take them from them...Think again. She will probably be dead before then i bet.

Chapter 18 was good. God, that Bitty needs to like suddenly disappear without a trace or something. She's pure evil! She wants to ruin those children's lives, at least that's what it seems like to me. She basically abandoned them, and now she expects them to live with her. She is not a mother. She is an egg donor, and she has no business raising them at all!

Stef finally found out JP's biggest secret, just as I believe he should have long ago. This raises a question. Why didn't JP trust Stef with this information before? Like right after JP found out I understand as Stef was less than trustworthy earlier in his life, but through the years I would think that he'd trust him enough. Still, it's better late than never. However, it is something I believe he should at some point share with Brad, as I think he'd be understanding and would protect the secret until he takes his last breath, though now would be a bad time considering what he's going through.

Chapter 18 was good. God, that Bitty needs to like suddenly disappear without a trace or something. She's pure evil! She wants to ruin those children's lives, at least that's what it seems like to me. She basically abandoned them, and now she expects them to live with her. She is not a mother. She is an egg donor, and she has no business raising them at all!

Stef finally found out JP's biggest secret, just as I believe he should have long ago. This raises a question. Why didn't JP trust Stef with this information before? Like right after JP found out I understand as Stef was less than trustworthy earlier in his life, but through the years I would think that he'd trust him enough. Still, it's better late than never. However, it is something I believe he should at some point share with Brad, as I think he'd be understanding and would protect the secret until he takes his last breath, though now would be a bad time considering what he's going through.

JP is a very secretive, contained person. I don't see him revealing this kind of thing to someone unless he absolutely had to, or he was totally committed to that person. Until now, he and Stef have been very very close, but not totally committed. What would have come of him telling Stef? When he does reveal these things, it's symbolic of complete and total devotion on his part. In his world, probably the closest thing he's got to a wedding vow.

He gave Brad the combination to his safe back in MIM, so it's probable that Brad will find out about it someday.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..