Hot movie alert

Jack Scribe

(500) Days of Summer promises to be the sleeper hit this season...opens July 17. It also confirms leading man status of Joseph Levitt-Gordon. The film is difficult to categorize but essentially it's a romantic comedy. The twist is that boy meets girl/boy loses girl...he falls in love and she doesn't. This is a very contemporary, sophisticated movie that doesn't try to be. JL-G plays a role that John Cusack would have handled 20 years ago. Saw it last night and loved it.

Just noticed that JL-G is also in G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra, playing Cobra Commander. One of his co-stars is Tatum Channing. Should be high on the yummy scale. This film is scheduled for an August 7 release.

Here's a brief story on JL-G's two summer projects:

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Joseph+Gordon+Levitt+star+summer/1770988/story.html

(500) Days of Summer promises to be the sleeper hit this season...opens July 17. It also confirms leading man status on Joseph Levitt-Gordon. The film is difficult to categorize but essentially is a romantic comedy. The twist is that boy meets girl/boy loses girl. This is a very contemporary, sophisticated movie that doesn't try to be. JL-G plays a role that John Cusack would have handled 20 years ago. Was it last night and loved it.

Just noticed that JL-G is also in G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra, playing Cobra Commander. One of his co-stars is Tatum Channing. Should be high on the yummy scale. This film is scheduled for an August 7 release.

Here's a brief story on JL-G's two summer projects:

http://www.canada.co...0988/story.html

thanks for the rec, I've liked JL-G since watching "Mysterious Skin", I read the book and thought it would take an exceptional actor to play the part. He did it. Amazing talent. I don't keep up with actors and such, but I get the feeling he's greatly underrated...maybe this will change.

I managed to catch this film at the Sydney Film Festival a month ago. I've bee a massive JGL since the 3rd Rock days so this was a must-see for me. I had high-expectations going in and the film managed to beat those into the ground. It's joyous (even if it's about a break up), imaginative and down-right entertaining. There is a musical sequence which is absolutely magical. Probably would have ended up as my favourite of the festival had it not been for those damn dolphins (The Cove - on limited release 31st July. Another must see.)