Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  292 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Mark Arbour

Bloodlines 33 should be posted tonight or tomorrow, while chapter 34 will go up on Sunday.

I can hope tonight, but i bet it won't! maybe sleep is in order tonight?? haha MAYBE :P

ooo i liked this chapter (33) it revealed more....and i think some perdicitions were right.....but that spoiler you gave us in chat, i thought was going to come true for a second. I'll PM u my thought's and really tourcher all ur readers that i have a spoiler....maybe. Of what you may do! hahaha

Anyway i like wade. don't like the chicks.....makes me mad....only chicks i like is Isidor(spelling) and Clair.....btw....whats clair do for a living when jack is a doctor? and what's Isidor doing with Crampton construction....providing she is still doing that, as a partnership with steff still sorta??? i'm intrigued that you forget other aspects to the WHOLE story here :P :P haha jk it's awesome!

Anyway let me know and i'm pumped for sunday....i just wonder what i'll do all day tomorrow....hmmm..

• Like 1

ooo i liked this chapter (33) it revealed more....and i think some perdicitions were right.....but that spoiler you gave us in chat, i thought was going to come true for a second. I'll PM u my thought's and really tourcher all ur readers that i have a spoiler....maybe. Of what you may do! hahaha

Anyway i like wade. don't like the chicks.....makes me mad....only chicks i like is Isidor(spelling) and Clair.....btw....whats clair do for a living when jack is a doctor? and what's Isidor doing with Crampton construction....providing she is still doing that, as a partnership with steff still sorta??? i'm intrigued that you forget other aspects to the WHOLE story here :P :P haha jk it's awesome!

Anyway let me know and i'm pumped for sunday....i just wonder what i'll do all day tomorrow....hmmm..

The nice thing about those voids is it gives me an opportunity to mold those things into something useful when I need it.

Well I just read 33 - awesome as always and wouldn't you know - it makes me want MORE!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Glad you liked it. 34 hits on Sunday, and you get to see a familiar character again.

Carullo has got to be the best f**k-buddy around! :wub: He's certainly helping Matt hang on to his sanity.

Big breakthrough in the sex department between Matt and Wade. :great: Wade is so messed up. :(

Frank got a great line in. :lmao: I imagine it's a lot of fun teasing Stef. :D

Fun chapter, Mark! :boy:

Well Chapter 34 is up early!! YEA!! It seems Matt is channeling Stef!! LOL!! HOT HOT HOT chapter!!! lmaosmiley.gif Excuse me gotta go take a cold shower. tongue.gif

34? Where? I went and checked, kind of freaked out. Should be up tomorrow.

Carullo has got to be the best f**k-buddy around! :wub: He's certainly helping Matt hang on to his sanity.

Big breakthrough in the sex department between Matt and Wade. :great: Wade is so messed up. :(

Frank got a great line in. :lmao: I imagine it's a lot of fun teasing Stef. :D

Fun chapter, Mark! :boy:

Frank is the perfect character for those dead-pan one-liners, don't you think?

And who hasn't fantasized about a guy like Carullo before? I have. Lots of times. innocent.gif He probably wouldn't be the ideal guy for me to be with, physically, but f**k, he'd be fun.devilsmiley.gif

Yeah... I liked this chapter a lot although there was a lot of sadness in it I thought. Danfield is hiding something pretty big and I just hope that Matt is mature enough to handle whatever it is better than he handles it's effects on Wade.

• Like 1

This sex scene between Matt and Wade looked like some BDSM relationship? :o:/ I don't know if I like that...:unsure: Anyway, Mark, the things should start get moving, otherwise it gets quite boring. :thumbdown: We already know their relationship is dysfunctional, so why not get to the point? :/ And as Nephy pointed out, Matt's not doing a good job so far, he'll need some help. I SOOOO hoped that he'll talk about that with Brad when he saw him at the dinner! And nothing happened :/ Well, apart of that we saw that the IT bubble is growing fast right now, Brad's appearance seemed to me as a wasted opportunity. :( How old is Brad anyway? I know we've already talked about that but I forgot. :wacko:

And yes, it's definitely abusing - Wade's protective about his brother, "Stay away from him" says a lot. Definitely father, or some uncle. And I got my answer on the mother. :/ So Daddy has plenty of time to play...

Edited by paya

tutti -

OK, am I the only one who sees the big fat turd of hypocracy in Matts' attitude? Sure he'll push Wade to be more out and open, yet he won't for an instant do anything to give himself away to mom and dad. They are a little dense after mummy not putting two and two together about Matthew Shepard, and all the major figures in Matts' life being gay. But denial is a strong actor in the psyche. The important point is though that Matt seems to be hoping that his parents will find out by happenstance(sp?) and that is the cowards way out. He came out only when he was 2300 miles from Ohio. There are no upper class, politically connected family members watching his every move at Stanford the way you can bet they are watching Wades'. Stanford like Harvard, Yale, etc., is a f**king jungle of upper crust undergrads and grads looking for the right friends and spouses to further their careers and connections. If/when Wade comes out of the closet, there will be reporters from CNN, ABC, NBC & CBS on campus to put the story on the 6 o'clock national news hour. Then the NY Times, and a lot of other papers and mags will want some action too. The boys life will be hell. All because of who his family is. I hope Matt gets to see that at Christmas. (hhmmm, this post really grew from what was in my head when I started it)

It is nice that Matt is finding a way to get Wade out of his safe place during sex. Maybe he'll be able to get Wade to see that sex with a man is not just an abusive one way street. Some therapy though will have to accompany that for it to really change him. The level of abuse has got to be pretty severe for Wade to tune out like that. I've read that during rape many rape victims tune out similarly. But for him to trance every time he has sex it has to have been very violent and probably repeated over a prolonged period. For Wade being f**ked was never pleasurable, just something you tried to survive. :angry: I worry about the effect it will have on him when he has to face it and face being gay to his family. Suicide over the shame is a very high probability. That would make me sad...

OK, gonna sign out now. Laterz

Dave

And yes, it's definitely abusing - Wade's protective about his brother, "Stay away from him" says a lot. Definitely father, or some uncle. And I got my answer on the mother. :/ So Daddy has plenty of time to play...

Enough already. Wade does not have to have been the victim of a paedophile to be neurotic. While there are a few plot points in favour, it is equally true that neurotic parents rear neurotic kids; usually through postitive-negative conditioning: subtle but intensive training plus generous helpings of neglect (almost typical modern family). Wade's description of his family, plus the aspects of his character that we have seen so far support a "simple" neurotic and dysfunctional upbringing. Despite its popularity in the gay canon, paedophilia is relatively rare in modern society; even after applying an order of magnitude for under-reporting, the rate of charge/prosection/conviction is low (I'm give a reference, but it is sunday morning and I'm still smiling, so I'm too lazy to check the CIA Worldbook for statistics).

So, enough already; the story structure does not need the flash and smoke of sexual abuse, and Mark has a strong track record in realistic characters. And Wade is one of his best characters, and he might be the vicitm of sexual abuse, or might just come from a neurotic family. And the story will be good anyway.

tutti -

OK, am I the only one who sees the big fat turd of hypocracy in Matts' attitude? Sure he'll push Wade to be more out and open, yet he won't for an instant do anything to give himself away to mom and dad. They are a little dense after mummy not putting two and two together about Matthew Shepard, and all the major figures in Matts' life being gay. But denial is a strong actor in the psyche. The important point is though that Matt seems to be hoping that his parents will find out by happenstance(sp?) and that is the cowards way out. He came out only when he was 2300 miles from Ohio. There are no upper class, politically connected family members watching his every move at Stanford the way you can bet they are watching Wades'. Stanford like Harvard, Yale, etc., is a f**king jungle of upper crust undergrads and grads looking for the right friends and spouses to further their careers and connections. If/when Wade comes out of the closet, there will be reporters from CNN, ABC, NBC & CBS on campus to put the story on the 6 o'clock national news hour. Then the NY Times, and a lot of other papers and mags will want some action too. The boys life will be hell. All because of who his family is. I hope Matt gets to see that at Christmas. (hhmmm, this post really grew from what was in my head when I started it)

It is nice that Matt is finding a way to get Wade out of his safe place during sex. Maybe he'll be able to get Wade to see that sex with a man is not just an abusive one way street. Some therapy though will have to accompany that for it to really change him. The level of abuse has got to be pretty severe for Wade to tune out like that. I've read that during rape many rape victims tune out similarly. But for him to trance every time he has sex it has to have been very violent and probably repeated over a prolonged period. For Wade being f**ked was never pleasurable, just something you tried to survive. :angry: I worry about the effect it will have on him when he has to face it and face being gay to his family. Suicide over the shame is a very high probability. That would make me sad...

OK, gonna sign out now. Laterz

Dave

I won't give away the plot..no spoilers here..but there's no way Wade would kill himself. It's simply too out of character, both for him as a person, and for him as a Danfield.

At 6:20 PM, EST on Sat. only chp 33, no 34 yet...

You have to use the link. It's not posted on the menu yet.

Enough already. Wade does not have to have been the victim of a paedophile to be neurotic. While there are a few plot points in favour, it is equally true that neurotic parents rear neurotic kids; usually through postitive-negative conditioning: subtle but intensive training plus generous helpings of neglect (almost typical modern family). Wade's description of his family, plus the aspects of his character that we have seen so far support a "simple" neurotic and dysfunctional upbringing. Despite its popularity in the gay canon, paedophilia is relatively rare in modern society; even after applying an order of magnitude for under-reporting, the rate of charge/prosection/conviction is low (I'm give a reference, but it is sunday morning and I'm still smiling, so I'm too lazy to check the CIA Worldbook for statistics).

So, enough already; the story structure does not need the flash and smoke of sexual abuse, and Mark has a strong track record in realistic characters. And Wade is one of his best characters, and he might be the vicitm of sexual abuse, or might just come from a neurotic family. And the story will be good anyway.

Personally, I love all the speculation. It makes me think of what I could have done with the plot.

Two chapters in 24 hours? You are spoiling us, Mark! :)

This was a great chapter. I really love it when characters like JP, Stef, and Robbie tell Matt stories about their lives and tie it into what's going on with Matt. I was always partial to Andre over any of JP's lovers other than Stef, so I liked that he was mentioned.

I was sad to see that Marcel and Max have broken up because I really liked them together, but I'm sure a great story is going to come out of it. I think we're going to need a scorecard though:

Marcel is with Lou

Max and Matt want Matt to sleep with Lou

Matt also wants to sleep with Max

Stef wants to "comfort" Max

Cody will want to sleep with Max I'm sure

Cody will probably want to be with Matt, too

Who knows what Marcel is going to want

And Matt's parents are going to be there the whole time! Should be interesting to say the least. It kind of reminds me of that scene in "The Secret of My Success" where everyone is switching rooms in the middle of the night.

Edited by jenni

It has to be said that it is a mark of the genius of the writing that people are getting so worked up about the possibilities. It is as if the characters are real people. And I have to admit that I am as guilty as anyone of thinking of them in that way. Mark's characters are so well rounded that it is easy to look behind the words on the page to things such as backgrounds, psyche's etc and look for and see things that are outside the scope of the writing.

I am not going to speculate on what has happened to Wade or what is going to happen to him because I know that eventually we are going to find out and that whatever it is will be believeable and 'right' for the characters and the story. In the meantime I am so enjoying the ride... not just in the story but also in the duscussions. It's awesome. :)

Chapter 34: Ended to quickly, i like the Drama...the sex is a bonus...to much of it isn't. I also didn't know that 33 ended Back at santa Cruze....i thought they were in a dorm??? Danfield left....hmmm i have a lingering feeling he won't want to do anything with matt untill he's wounds heal.....if he is being abused....but honestly i think it's him and his brother or he takes the shit for what his brother does. Who knows...i'm excited for christmas.

Whats to come: Well i think Thanks giving will be the outing of Matt. A house literally full of gay guys...(no lesbian couples.....wierd....) anyway. there will be 2 straight couples....and i wonder if Isador will tell Matts mom how she's married to a gay guy but f**king Frank. Like how messed is this....where the hell is....wdf is her name.....Tory....Tophy...BAH! TONTOwub.gif !!! We NEED HER!!! OMG i love her where the f is she when we need her to stare at a person and make them shit right in front of her. BAH! not impressed! She'd help matt "come out" by scaring the shit out of his parents. Plus matt seems to be disconected with every letter from his mom, i'm thinking that he'll be fine to cut the shit out and tell his parents, wether they accept it or not whatever, but i think stef needs to update him on his Google Investment and where it's at...or he can look at the stocks himself....to bad.. :o

Two chapters in 24 hours? You are spoiling us, Mark! :)

This was a great chapter. I really love it when characters like JP, Stef, and Robbie tell Matt stories about their lives and tie it into what's going on with Matt. I was always partial to Andre over any of JP's lovers other than Stef, so I liked that he was mentioned.

I was sad to see that Marcel and Max have broken up because I really liked them together, but I'm sure a great story is going to come out of it. I think we're going to need a scorecard though:

Marcel is with Lou

Max and Matt want Matt to sleep with Lou

Matt also wants to sleep with Max

Stef wants to "comfort" Max

Cody will want to sleep with Max I'm sure

Cody will probably want to be with Matt, too

Who knows what Marcel is going to want

And Matt's parents are going to be there the whole time! Should be interesting to say the least. It kind of reminds me of that scene in "The Secret of My Success" where everyone is switching rooms in the middle of the night.

Nice summary. I think if you'd have just said that Matt and Stef want to sleep with everyone it might have been easier.biggrin.gif

It has to be said that it is a mark of the genius of the writing that people are getting so worked up about the possibilities. It is as if the characters are real people. And I have to admit that I am as guilty as anyone of thinking of them in that way. Mark's characters are so well rounded that it is easy to look behind the words on the page to things such as backgrounds, psyche's etc and look for and see things that are outside the scope of the writing.

I am not going to speculate on what has happened to Wade or what is going to happen to him because I know that eventually we are going to find out and that whatever it is will be believeable and 'right' for the characters and the story. In the meantime I am so enjoying the ride... not just in the story but also in the duscussions. It's awesome. :)

Feedback like that from someone so talented...I'm e-blushing.wub.gif

I wasn't bored at all! :2thumbs: I'm glad Max is back! He such a kind person! :):wub:

:blink: Well I don't take it personally, though it was a reaction on me... You have some real good points. Though I have to say that I wasn't speculating on the abuse because I would think that paedophilia is popular somewhere. That sounds really... :wacko: It was just the first thing that came to my mind while reading Wade's reactions and responses on Matt. Moreover now we have seen that Wade was somewhat blocked in sex and now it seems OK. We don't really know what caused that block but whatever...

I really like Max too. Just the quintessential nice guy. Loving, devoted, but pretty stubborn.

Chapter 34: Ended to quickly, i like the Drama...the sex is a bonus...to much of it isn't. I also didn't know that 33 ended Back at santa Cruze....i thought they were in a dorm??? Danfield left....hmmm i have a lingering feeling he won't want to do anything with matt untill he's wounds heal.....if he is being abused....but honestly i think it's him and his brother or he takes the shit for what his brother does. Who knows...i'm excited for christmas.

Whats to come: Well i think Thanks giving will be the outing of Matt. A house literally full of gay guys...(no lesbian couples.....wierd....) anyway. there will be 2 straight couples....and i wonder if Isador will tell Matts mom how she's married to a gay guy but f**king Frank. Like how messed is this....where the hell is....wdf is her name.....Tory....Tophy...BAH! TONTOwub.gif !!! We NEED HER!!! OMG i love her where the f is she when we need her to stare at a person and make them shit right in front of her. BAH! not impressed! She'd help matt "come out" by scaring the shit out of his parents. Plus matt seems to be disconected with every letter from his mom, i'm thinking that he'll be fine to cut the shit out and tell his parents, wether they accept it or not whatever, but i think stef needs to update him on his Google Investment and where it's at...or he can look at the stocks himself....to bad.. :o

Tonto was an amazingly fun character to write. I keep trying to find a new, younger version of her, but nothing so far.

Thanksgiving at Escorial will be posted on or near our own Thanksgiving here in the US (this Thursday).

Tonto was an amazingly fun character to write. I keep trying to find a new, younger version of her, but nothing so far.

Thanksgiving at Escorial will be posted on or near our own Thanksgiving here in the US (this Thursday).

Oh i have to ask. What are you giving thanks for this year? and how are you Celebrating?

BTW i feel like creepin on ur son. How old is he? :o haha that's my big creeping for the night asking the age of a youngin....or an oldy compared to me...but ya never know my dad's 63 :P Big age difference.

Um. With so many Characters i have no idea which ones i'd like to see in the story and which ones i wouldn't. I'd like to see jim crapton (Jp's Brother) and Brian meet, they seem similar in there greed.

I'd like to see Max end up with someone good (wouldn't mind being put in his mind, Thus since he isn't involved in the stories at Escoriel(spelling:() maybe a sequal would be cool?)

ahh well i awate for monday?? next posting? or tuesday....look like were going to have a 3 day dry spell sometime this week....not impressed! :o

Mark, the greatness of Bloodlines and CAP saga is the interaction of the different charactors. Two things have bothered me in Bloodlines. Both are relational. JPs close relation with Matt and Brad's relationship with Matt. I think that JP sees Matt as himself 35 years ago. Rich young smart and gay but more Matt is a Hayes, Jeff's nephew. Even though Jeff died 30 years ago he is still there in both Stef's the JP's lives. I believe JP 35 years ago thought he might have a lover but never thought he would have a family. Jeff was the one who urged JP to go to Paris and see Isidore and her baby Andre. JP brings her back the Chicago and the beginnings of a family is born. Jeff again is the father of Billy and pushs JP and Claire is born. After they move Brad is dropped off like a unwanted item. The poor 5 year old bonds with JP and Stef. Brad studies JP and maybe becames a more perfect JP. Both are loyal, they hold thier emotions inside, but to both of them family is important, very important They would defend their family to the death. The confirtation between Brad and JP is very telling. Matt thought maybe Robbie would accept him but never thought Brad would. Why does he? Once Robbie accepts Matt he is Brads son too. I think Brad sees not only as his son but also as Brad was 18 years before. In a sense all three are alike. I that's the reason I have always like them the best. One of the things I like the most is how the charactors draw you in. Mark you are not just a writer but a storyteller you can make your story live It brings joy to all of us. Makes us laugh and cry at the same time. That truly is great.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..