I'm back. :)

Happiness is Key

Hey everyone, I'm back after being gone for awhile, although I bet not alot of you guys remember me. Anyway, I got an email about my story that I posted in eFiction being possibly used on 'Only Gay Stories' Well turns out it is, and I want it gone from there but I don't know how to do so.

If someone could give me a hand or tell me how to go about it it would be much appreciated. Anyway, I'm back for good now, so I'll see you around :)

P.S I didn't mean to double post, it happened by accident and I can't find a, 'delete post' button so I'm assuming that's a Mod's power. :/

Edited by Matt- 'Happiness is Key'

Matt,

First, welcome (back). I've not been a member long enough to have known you, I guess.

Second: if you posted a story on eFiction and want to delete it, log in and go to "Manage...Stories." Click on the story and scroll around...you should find a delete "button."

Third: If I understand correctly, you have a question about whether or not eFiction is only for gay stories? It is my clear understanding that although the site is "Gay Authors," not all the authors are gay (LGBT inferred), and neither are all the stories.

Finally: deleting posts. I had the same problem. Go to the forum page, look under the "administrative communications" forum. You'll find a list of moderators. Send any one of them a message. They're all good people, and will help.

Hmm. I said "finally" so I guess, that's all folks.

Actually I think what he meant was that the website. 'Only Gay Stories. Com.' Has taken his story from eFiction here on GA and posted it on there website without his consent.

As for going about removing it, I have no idea.

Ah. Well, if you are correct, and Matt can confirm that a story was taken from here and put on another site, definately contact an administrator and let them know. Also...contact the membership...with a forum title like "Stolen Story" and provide the details. I would be willing to message the offending site. If enough of us did so, it might make a difference. On the other hand, give the administrators a chance, first.

Yeah, nifty was running this on their home page for a while - I got this from their google cache:

"19 Feb 2009: The website Only Gay Stories (dot) COM is copying stories from Nifty and other gay story websites without permission. If you are an author and your story has been copied, please contact the site operator and the webhosting company to complain. "

Here is an article from Screeve's blog about it, it has the contact info in it: http://screeve-extra.blogspot.com/ - scroll down to the third entry on the page.

Yeah, nifty was running this on their home page for a while - I got this from their google cache:

"19 Feb 2009: The website Only Gay Stories (dot) COM is copying stories from Nifty and other gay story websites without permission. If you are an author and your story has been copied, please contact the site operator and the webhosting company to complain. "

Here is an article from Screeve's blog about it, it has the contact info in it: http://screeve-extra.blogspot.com/ - scroll down to the third entry on the page.

I thought I'd go ahead and post the article with the pertinent info from Screeve. Thanks Hoskins!

MONDAY, 20 JULY 2009

Rogue Website Warning

It would seem that there is a new website on the block for gay stories. It looks like it's been around since April, when the domain was registered, but the problem with this website is that it trawls the internet, Nifty and other story websites to get stories and post them without the author's permission. What is even worse is that none of the stories are attributed to authors.

The website is onlygaystories.com and there are no contact details on the site, but looking at the whois record, the registrant and admin contact is Bob Davis from Arnham, Netherlands and has an email address of bdjamesalexander@gmail.com.

Nifty is recommending that authors complain to the owner and to the webhost. From the whois, the webhost is Exmasters, an adult webhost service, their email for abuse complaints is abuse@exmasters.com

So, is any of your stories appear there without your permission, and you are unhappy about it, then please do complain

POSTED BY DAVID AT 06:17

LABELS: STORIES, WEBSITE

Yes that is what I meant, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the links Hoskins I've written two emails one for each email address. I just hope that it is taken down from there. It infuriates me that someone would go ahead and just take something without seeking consent. :angry:

Thanks for your help guys. Fingers Crossed.