You and your car. Simpatico?

Toast

Do you and your car get along? Do you talk often? Do you look like each other? Are you separating? Trading for a younger model with a bigger... kick? Or have you grown so close you would die if you were parted?

I drive a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited with four wheel drive. White with gray leather interior. We both have lasted a long time. Yeah, we look alike, in a strange way. Looks like until death do we part. Yes, we talk about the other cars and there owners. Please. I have thought of straying, though. Have you ever heard a Ford cry?

Edited by deadsnake

I've named every car I've had, does that count? My favourite was Daisy a Mini Clubman painted organge with white daisies stencilled all over her. I used to have kids running down the street after her laughing. I didn't laugh when, half way through a very long journey the driver's door fell off when I opened it at the Services. :( Don't know if she cried... but I did :)

LOL! I don't think I've ever heard a Ford cry. But I love my black 2005 Ford F-150 XLT, and I wouldn't trade it for a Ferrari. It's a 100% man machine. I love it like it was my own child.

Rocking, Trucking and you know... Laughing.

I've named every car I've had, does that count? My favourite was Daisy a Mini Clubman painted organge with white daisies stencilled all over her. I used to have kids running down the street after her laughing. I didn't laugh when, half way through a very long journey the driver's door fell off when I opened it at the Services. sad.gif Don't know if she cried... but I did smile.gif

Sounds like love in the garage. Love ya.

I used to talk to my old Isuzu, well, it was a '96. I miss her lots. *sigh* She had some problems and I heard her cry often. She now rests in the Junkyard in the Sky.

I now have a fancy new Mazda3 (thanks to 4500 obamabucks). I don't really talk to her, but I always make sure I never say anything bad about her while she can hear. So I guess I traded for a younger model with more kick. Even though the Isuzu was a V6 it was so heavy it wasn't as zippy as my little Mazda with the 4-cyl. Going from a midsize SUV to a compact was a change, but I'm used to it now.

I have a beat up Integra about ten years old and it has scratches, makes really loud weird noises, has a hole on top that I never noticed (although it doesn't leak water), and the gear shifter gets stuck between park and reverse--but I love him all the same. Yes, him, he is called Jackson. When I get through tough spaces or brake in time, I always kiss my fingers and press it to the steering wheel, thanking Jackson. LOL, we spend so much time together driving, commuting, running errands, and he's always there for me or tries to be--getting me through bad traffic, avoiding accents, my first ticket, sucky weather conditions--we rely on one another. I have odd attachments to my car.

Now I use my Mom's Mazda for my commute. Better headlights hugs the road better, but I don't have as strong of an attachment. I have named her Angela though and I also thank her during some tough driving moments with a kiss.

I complain about my car a lot of the time, but not so sure I'd be ready to trade it in for a very, very long time.

• Like 1

Car #1 2008 Subaru Forester. White. Base model. I really like it. It feels right to me. It's comfy and easy to travel in. It has room for my dog in back. It has all wheel drive for driving down my long, muddy driveway in winter (and through Wyoming in the dead of winter, too). Name: Honky (named by my friend, Glen. Thank you, Glen.) Replaced the following>

Truck #1 1993 Toyota T-100. Gray. SR5 model. I've been many places in the truck, though it's been parked for a year and doesn't run currently. A rat took up residence in the ventilation system, so it's all clogged with debris and rat shit. Yuck!

Car #2 1970 Riley Elf. Old English White. From NZ. Bought it as a gas saving substitute for my truck, but it's too difficult to keep running. It's been parked for two years now. It's no fun to drive, loud and rattly, uncomfortable, a mistake. I need to get it running so I can sell it. Now, the car nerds might want to discuss this vehicle and argue it's year of production, but there really were 1970 Rileys, but only from NZ and only 35 of them. Yeah, it's a collector's item. It had stickers on the windshield from Wanganui and Palmerston North, so that must have been where it resided before being imported to the US. The windshield got broken, so the stickers are gone. Poot!

Oh, and there's a Kubota tractor too. Subaru -- Kubota: I'm almost a lesbian.