The Devil's Reject

This is a really enjoyable story. I liked it a lot!

The conversational and somewhat quirky style is really easy to read and it has an intimate feel. The mysterious Connor is made even more mysterious by the contrast with the narrator's own mundane life.

It is referred to above as a short story, but there will (I hope) be more to come, so I guess that the 'short' above means 'not long'.

There were some things (e.g. Jessica?) that I think are typos and some things that sound to me like very odd usages of words. I'll send details in a PM.

Kit

• Like 1

Great opening chapter, Chase! :worship:

I particularly enjoyed the scene where Travis and Connor meet and then Dan and his cronies show up. Nicely done. :great:

Well, needless to say, Connor intrigues me. Travis is in for a ride of sorts.

• Like 1

Conner is intriguing in that dark, mysterious, brooding, and creepy way. Like you'd look at him, or read about him, and go "what is that guy's deal??". There's obviously more to Conner and his creepy nature, but I liked him, lol. His behavior is attractive in that cocky, fearless way, especially when he was so calm around Dan and the other bullies. His way of talking is interesting too. It also helps him to maintain that aura of calm and infuriate guys like Dan who want a reaction.

When you say a short story, you mean a short serial? It's not a one-shot, because it doesn't end like one.

Great start.

• Like 1

It isn't going to be to long, I just wanted a shot at something somewhat short but entertaining.

And the Jessica thing, she is a character from another story I'm working on and me being a retard mixed the characters up. I'll search through and edit it out soon, haha. Oops. Glad you liked it for the most part. More will come soon, of course.

Interesting read. Connor is intriguing. The picture of the boy in the story is HOT! I'm jealous, lol. Where do you get those pictures.

Hopefully it won't be too much of a short read. Things could definitely get fun with this story.

Can't wait for more.

LT

Late at night, if I'm usually intoxicated or under some sort of influence I'll browse DeviantArt till I pass out. Usually I find pictures to inspire characters or images that will spark some imagination. When I saw that guy, I said, "How evil." And it also gives an intense visual of the character, plus its fun. Call me weird.

And I'm into photography (below amateur), so I like looking at model shots/landscapes etc and I usually come across stuff.

You know, I have never looked at DeviantArt till after you mentioned it. I probably should have jumped on the bandwagon when everyone else in my year did. Sigh...

Otherwise :2thumbs: I really like this so far, of course I'm with everyone else that says 'waiting for more' :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Part 3 - Now that this is out of the way, on to bigger and better things. Enjoy, as mediocre as it was.

Why do you keep putting yourself down? To quote Disney (yeah I know cringe all you like) if you act as if something is going to happen then a lot of the time it will. If you keep acting as if people are not going to like your stuff then that is going to happen hun.

I liked this. I liked it a lot. I hope that your comment doesn't mean that it's finished. This was an awesome story with so much potential it wasn't even funny. Kind of like you really :)