Your favorite Halloween movies

Okay. Some of you folks who are older then me might be able to help me out. I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie that came out when i was growing up (my mom wouldn't let me watch it) and i swear it had Christopher McDonald in it. It was about a bunch of kids as the main characters and there was this warlock or wizard or something who ended up helping the kids out of a jamb. One of the scenes I remember had him (the warlock guy) wearing a really large cloak and flying through the sky with the kids hanging onto his arms or the tail ends of the cloak or something.

Gah, I'm sure this isn't making any sense but I hope someone can figure it out, cause I'm lost sceptic.gif

HELP ME PLZ

Thanks

Jon

Haha. Okay, I figured it out myself 1 minute after I posted this. The Worst Witch is the name of the movie, and Tim Curry is the Christopher McDonald look a-like that I was thinking about, and in 2 days I'm going to order the movie, simply because I want it :)

That said, does anyone have any Halloween movie favorites? Please, feel free to share them.

Alien and Aliens back to back.

This new stuff: sparklely vampires??? WTF?

What's next? Werewolves with manicures?

Slay the abomination!

I'm right up there with you, carrying the pitchfork... no swap me that flaming torch, I LOVE fire.

My favourite movie is Practcal Magic... mainly because I have the hots for Nicole Kidman... and I wouldn't mind a sandwich with Sandra Bullock.

I'm right up there with you, carrying the pitchfork... no swap me that flaming torch, I LOVE fire.

My favourite movie is Practcal Magic... mainly because I have the hots for Nicole Kidman... and I wouldn't mind a sandwich with Sandra Bullock.

Nephylim you are evil....and I love it lol. I liked Practial Magic too though lol, the aunts cracked me up.

I dunno if they constitue Halloween movies or not but I love all of the Friday the 13th movies, (except Jason X and Freddy VS Jason....me to likey the Kruger).

Umm Sleep Hallow is cool, I like Cursed, though I think I was the minority on it lol.

There is more but I'll blasted if i can think of them lol.

I'm gonna go ahead and proudly be the first person to say Nightmare Before Christmas...I don't think it's possible for someone to not at least like that movie :2thumbs:

There's also this other that I can't remember the name of that I saw one Halloween when I was much younger, I know it's a more kid oriented movie, got these kids and it turns out their grandma is a witch and they go on a flying bus to this fantasy city or something or other...IDK

I'm not really the scary movie type, although I can watch them and enjoy them(especially if there is a hot guy or girl there with me), just not my cup of tea I guess, much more into the comedic ones.

Edited by Rizan

I'm gonna go ahead and proudly be the first person to say Nightmare Before Christmas...I don't think it's possible for someone to not at least like that movie thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

There's also this other that I can't remember the name of that I saw one Halloween when I was much younger, I know it's a more kid oriented movie, got these kids and it turns out their grandma is a witch and they go on a flying bus to this fantasy city or something or other...IDK

I'm not really the scary movie type, although I can watch them and enjoy them(especially if there is a hot guy or girl there with me), just not my cup of tea I guess, much more into the comedic ones.

Oh I love that movie. It's soo sweet and scary in a sweet kind of way :)

The original "Halloween" is, IMO, the best of the lot. "Play Misty for Me" is perhaps as frightening as anything Alfred Hitchcock directed, although neither it nor his are strictly "halloween" movies. Nothing by Stephen King, not even "redrum, redrum, redrum...here's Johnny." "Nightmare Before Christmas" is excellent. Of course, although not halloween, the list cannot be complete without "Rocky Horror..."

• 4 months later...

I love:

Halloween (Orignal)

Lady in white

Poltergeist

I love those too

along with Practical magic

Hocus Pocus,

The new halloween

the new friday the 13th

Love the freddy films can't wait for the new one

and i think the crazies will become anew fave when it is out