Who is the BEST Jack Ryan?

Whos is the BEST Jack Ryan?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Whos is the BEST Jack Ryan?

• Alec Baldwin in the Hunt for Red October
    • Harrison Ford in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger
    • Ben Affleck in the Sum of All Fears

Tom Clancy has a whole lot of fans and I'm curious: of the four Clancy novels made into feature films, who made the best Jack Ryan?

It's hard to bet against Harrison Ford but Alec Baldwin and Ben Affleck were both pretty good.

Harrison Ford, hands down. Alec Baldwin wasn't even the best actor in The Hunt for Red October. Ben Affleck is a good actor, but I don't consider him to be in the same league as Ford. Harrison is better with facial expressions than Affleck. And do I need to mention Giggly (sic).

If I was just picking my favorite actor, I'd say Harrison Ford, no question. But, Baldwin is better as Jack Ryan. The thing is, Ryan is supposed to be sort of this bookish analyst type, who doesn't necessarily want to use force, and I can buy Baldwin more in that role. Harrison Ford is better suited to the ass-kicking president, like in Air Force One.

Val