Do you use a cell phone exclusively?

MikeL

Land...what? Kidding.

I've been cellphone only for nearly two years. My parents got rid of the land line not long after that (I never used it.) Never looked back, although I don't remember my mom's phone number now.

• 3 months later...

we have land line, but i hate having to answer my phone unless i know whos calling, so i use my mobile phone since not alot of people have that number.

plus i hate paying my half of the home phone bill, so i never use it!! then again, i dont really like talking on the phone so i hardly use any phone.... $30 credit on my mobile will last me about 2 months!!

Edited by Bumblebee

I hate talking on the phone :-) I've a land line but 99% of the time don't answer it because the number shows on my computer, and it's usually someone I don't need to talk to. If they are a close friend or intimate, they have my cell and can reach me there. That being said, I don't answer my cell probably 60% of the time. They can leave a message if it's really important, I'll get back to them if I need to. Anything else, if it's flaming need I'm sure they'll show up at the door.

Unfortunately she would never remember. She isn't up to learning new things now, even simple ones. Besides... to my mother I am NEVER going to be number one.

But you ARE to a lot of us--from what I've seen!!!

Nephy! One foot in front.....you know what I mean.

WTF? poetry? pshh.

But to answer the question--once I found out that I could have only my friends ring in and the rest have to go to vmail, NO BRAINER!

Also, w/gps enabled, 911 is taken care of. P

Land lines are simply not needed in my life at the moment.

BTW. These answers are very interesting! :)

After working on the retail side of a cell company I will probably always have at least a basic land line ($15 or so). I had way too many customers come in with a situation that would leave them without their cell for a few days and they had no other way to communicate. Currently I'm still living with my parents. Their house is in a shallow valley that doesn't get good service from anyone, therefore our landline is much better for actually talking.

• 2 weeks later...

My school provides me with a land line, but my roommates and I have not plugged a phone into the wall yet. My parents got rid of the land line when they got everyone cell phones two years ago. I have been cell phone exclusive for two years.

Two of my sons and their wives have done away with their land line service in their homes and now use cell phones exclusively. Have you?

It makes a lot of sense. Each person has his/her personal phone number and is always available to answer. Saves money too.

An update: All four of my sons now use cell phones exclusively. When we move to a new home(if we ever sell the old one), it's goodbye land line.