Good stories at GA?

warrior

Island Summer is one of the stories that you won't find in 'beginnings' unless you look at the stories posted prior to 2004. The lesson: use the universal search site listed above or make sure you go through the full history of stories in each category.

• Like 1

Protip: enter site: and the site name in google to restrict a search to that site.

site:www.nifty.org "island summer"

site:www.gayauthors.org "dangerous liasons"

the results aren't well ordered but it's simple enough once you find a chapter of the story you're looking for.

Edited by Hoskins

I was surfing through random authors and reading stories out of blues, and ended up reading none of them - I skimmed through half of it, and coming to realize that the story isn't 'my thing' or isn't the way I want a good quality story to be, I had to end it up there, and find another story, until then, when I leave even that and go for another. As I said, I ended up reading none of it.

One of my all time favorites was the "Aurora" series by John Ellison in 5 very long parts starting with 'The Phantom of Aurora'

http://library.gaycafe.com/nifty/gay/military/phantom-of-aurora/

I was saddened to see that Nifty is listing John Ellison as "Of Blessed Memory". I shall truly miss his stories!

Edited by Eddy

I haven't read much on here, but I liked It started with Brian and in due time in the efiction section.

What ARE some good stories to read here btw?

Also, you could check out mine. Link is in the sig, lol. :)

In addition to The Story Cafe here at GA, check out a similar story discussion forum at AD: http://www.awesomedude.com/adboard/index.php?showforum=26

But honestly, a 'good story' is in the mind of the beholder. Cruise through the compilation of GA Authors - Hosted,Promising and new eFiction - and sample stories until you find what's good for you. It also is fruitful to check out the authors' blogs and analyze readers comments.

Happy reading.

An idea might to be to read the anthologies. You will get a flavour of the styles of various writers and you can then check out their other work. With the anothologies the stories are short and it won't take so long to go through them.

One story that really captured my heart, even though is not on GA, is Storm Front from Storm Nation @ www.stormnation.com . Start by clicking Storm Front and at the drop down window, "It Started On A Bus". The story has a diversity of characters and is extremely entertaining. You'll laugh as well as cry. It's one of my favorite stories and has been going on for a few years now. It is also extremely long but it's worth reading. I hope ya'll give it a go.

Anything I write.

Chase has some incredible stuff: try the Elijah story in eFiction on this site.

gads

listen to the egos roar

none of them

then again you are a queerling yourself so...

yeah

none of them

Thank you for bringing us all back down to reality! And giving us an amazing poem, as well. Are you sure you're not an angel?

Hi Warrior,

Are you interested in reading these stories because you want to improve on your own writing skill or? Are you hoping to look for an innovative writing style?

Some of the stories here aren't to my liking as well, but that doesn't mean that others won't like them. For instance, a play that I submitted for the Spring Anthology is not really anyone's cup of tea. It really depends on what you are looking for, in terms of the mode of writing, the plot progression, the themes or whatnot. What genre are you interested in? LGBT fiction is broad, so you need to be specific smile.gif. There are LGBT sci-fi, romance, mystery etc. The joy of reading isn't about finishing a story, but remembering what you've read.

Here's my recommendation: check out David McLeod's works. smile.gif

You know I love you. Thanks! But let's go back to your second premise: not everything is going to appeal to everyone. My stuff is puerile compared to a lot of stuff on this site.