Hey Andy, Nephy, Sorry I didn't get here sooner, I've been a little busy over the last few days.

NO,

Great Story - you handle the interaction between the two - Zeel and Jake - very well. Dealing wtih Zeek's issues in a way that to me at least, appears realistic. One thing I really like was how all the fights Jake got in to protect Zeek were told from Zeek's perspective. Not only does it do away with reading 'Jake punched Rick in the chest, Rich punched Jake in the face etc,' but we learn about it in the same way Zeek would leran about it - getting information filtered and censored from Jake - we really never know exactly what happened to Jake, how bad he was hurt, how determined he was to stop Rick etc. We know some of this but Zeek learns it only from Jake and that is where we get it from. Very Nicely Done!

Two things, - I have said this before on other threads so I will say it here too - you shift perspectives a lot here - it can and does get confusing who we are hearing from. Sometimes - not often - the change is not readily apparent. It would be helpful if you would indicate whose perspective we are getting almost in the first line. Minor complaint really because I ALWAYS know who is talking at some point. This just might be a pet peeve of mine so take it with a grain of salt.

The second thing is sort of a back handed compliment. As the chapters have progressed you skills as a writer have gotten noticeably better - and I mean that with all sincerity and as a true compliment. When I started reading this I didn't find it as polished as Indiana Summer. But as I got to the last 3-4 chapters I could see the difference and it was all for the better. Your story telling was never an issue - you have great imagination and vision. We feel your characters, they are not one or two dimensional and we get the sense we know them. Lovers Blind is now equally as polished as I.S.

Not sure if that came across right, but what I was trying to say is I could tell you have been working hard on this and it truly shows.

Andy

Hey Andy, Its always good to see you here,

I am really glad you like how i have Zeek dealing with his issues. I did a lot research on the topic of coping with visual impairment and I took some details from a friend of mine who is visually impaired. I actually never really realised that almost all the fights have been experianced form Zeek's POV until you mentioned it. I meant to do it on occasion because I really wanted to showcase Zeek's worry and confusion over the situation, i suppose I just started doing it without realizing it. Interesting lol.

I agree with you actually, you are not the first person to point out getting confused by perspective shift in my work. I constantly make a note to be more clear when i shift but I always forget about it. I will work on that though because I can understand the confusion that causes lol.

I can only say thank you for your *backhanded compliment* lol. I do constantly try to refine my skills and my style and I am very glad that it is reflected in my work and not just in my own imagination. This story has actually always been the low man on totem pole when compared to my other two but I've been working on, as you say, polishing it up because it is very dear to me, just as my other works are.

I thank you deeply for your kind words and I hope you continue to enjoy my stories.

Best,

NightOwl

I agree with Quonus in that your skill as a writer is definitely improving. That's not to say that you were ever a bad one but experience shows and I am more and mroe impressed with every chapter.

Hey Nephy, it is always a pleasure yo see you here.

I am glad that I am impressing you, I do aim to please. I'm just that I have been able to hold everyone's attention since I came here.

Best,

Nightowl

• Like 1

Hey NightOwl, I will now apologise for not getting on this thread earlier :(:*)

The story...love it... :)

(No that's not all I'm writing :P )

I love the plot line as it has a mix of traditional settings but with the twist of seeing life through people who cannot use all five senses.

Reading about how Zeek manages to retain a degree of independence is really interesting. The ways all the characters navigate around the disabilities of Lou and Zeek is great especially the word formation on Zeek's arm.

The whole story is really easy to pick up and read (you made me stay up till 2am to finish the last chapter you posted once :P )

I am really looking forward to seeing what happens from here, and the news that Zeek has a donor is exciting.

Thank you for posting a great story.

:)

Hey NightOwl, I will now apologise for not getting on this thread earlier :(:*)

The story...love it... :)

(No that's not all I'm writing :P )

I love the plot line as it has a mix of traditional settings but with the twist of seeing life through people who cannot use all five senses.

Reading about how Zeek manages to retain a degree of independence is really interesting. The ways all the characters navigate around the disabilities of Lou and Zeek is great especially the word formation on Zeek's arm.

The whole story is really easy to pick up and read (you made me stay up till 2am to finish the last chapter you posted once :P )

I am really looking forward to seeing what happens from here, and the news that Zeek has a donor is exciting.

Thank you for posting a great story.

:)

Hey Agaith, sorry its taken me so long to get here.

I am glad you love my story, I love to hear that. Don't worry about how long it took you to get here, I'm just glad you have checked in.

I am glad you enjoy the mix of plots and perspectives in the story, it was my hope to create an interesting dynamic in the story by telling things from Zeek's POV. While I know no one who is completely blind I do have one or two friends who are visually impaired and do enjoy, and insist, on maintaining their independence. Infact my first ever Mentor/editor was legally blind and was a fantastic writer. Its just sad he never finished his story....but thats a tale for some where else. One of the things I wanted to bring to prominance with this story is how disabled people aren't the helpless shut ins that some people tend to think they are. I admit that Lou and Lawrences means of communication was

an on the fly development, I suddenly had these two charecters with no direct means of communication lol.

I am sorry you were up till two am, but I am glad you enjoyed it that much. I promise to have more out to you as soon as i can and I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

BEst,

NightOwl

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Owl,

Glad you have this up, I know you said once this was low on your totem pole, but I still like this story as much as the Indiana Summer. [Haven't started M &J yet ] I like how you keep focused on the man story - Zeek and Jake, while using the other back ground issues too keep the story going. Yes Zeek is - was - blind but the disability, the surgery, the recovery, all of that plays into the boys relationship. It's the little things that make this great - the interaction between the boys, the way they handle their hormones, the realistic way you deal with their sex life - i.e. they don't just rush in, they take the time to make their first time special, and not just 'getting it out of the way.' That is a lot harder than writing a graphic sex scene.

The small things, like the small snippets of their lives, their quirks, the things they like, they make your character more real to us the reader.

I will say that now that things are going so well, I am worried - when will the shoe drop and what will it be?? No don't tell me, just saying I am now worried about what happens next.

Looking forward to 14.

Andy

Owl,

Glad you have this up, I know you said once this was low on your totem pole, but I still like this story as much as the Indiana Summer. [Haven't started M &J yet ] I like how you keep focused on the man story - Zeek and Jake, while using the other back ground issues too keep the story going. Yes Zeek is - was - blind but the disability, the surgery, the recovery, all of that plays into the boys relationship. It's the little things that make this great - the interaction between the boys, the way they handle their hormones, the realistic way you deal with their sex life - i.e. they don't just rush in, they take the time to make their first time special, and not just 'getting it out of the way.' That is a lot harder than writing a graphic sex scene.

The small things, like the small snippets of their lives, their quirks, the things they like, they make your character more real to us the reader.

I will say that now that things are going so well, I am worried - when will the shoe drop and what will it be?? No don't tell me, just saying I am now worried about what happens next.

Looking forward to 14.

Andy

hey Andy, glad you stopped in.

I am glad that you are enjoying the focus on story. You would think that with the broader focus I've written into Max and Josh and Indiana Summer that it would difficult but it really isn't lol. It's not so hard, abstaining from graphic sex scenes. I always have to give them a lot of thought, make sure the sex isn't just gratuitous but fits with the story.

When will the other shoe drop, I dunno, lets find out.

This is a briliant story I am so getting addicted to reading it. Just like I am Max and Josh.

Ok see I am not usually one for addiction but I think in this case I can make an exception lol.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey yall,

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that Lovers Blind 14 is being worked on, slowly but surely. I also wanted to let you know that the story might be coming to an end soon. I've been discussing the most recent chapter with Rush and we both think that it might be at a place where a chapter and an Epilogue could solve all the remaining issues in the story. I am not sure yet though, I am still working out the kinks in my head. But I will keep you posted.

best wish's,

Owl

• 4 weeks later...

Hey yall,

Just thought I would let you know that Ch14 of Lovers Blind is up in G.A.S. it was a long time coming but I hope that you all will enjoy it.

I feel you should know that this is the second to last chapter of this story. The final chapter is complete and is with Rush and i will be posting it next week. I am sorry to the see the story go but I think it is time. I hope that you all enjoy this chpater.

Best,

NightOwl

Lovers Blind CH14

Hey Nightowl

I loved this chapter and the whole story! I'm sad to see it come to an end, but it was great!

I hope this gives you more time to finish Indiana Summer...can't wait for a new chapter :P

NightOwl,I really love this story. I too hate to see it come to an end. I love that Zeek's family has accepted his and Jake's relationship. And I love that Zeek getting his eye sight back has given him his confidence back. And I love that Rick was able to redeem himself. I love a happy ending! When you finish this one, there better be a new story waiting mister! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Hey Anya, Lin, thanks for stoping in.

Hey Nightowl

I loved this chapter and the whole story! I'm sad to see it come to an end, but it was great!

I hope this gives you more time to finish Indiana Summer...can't wait for a new chapter :P

Hey Anya, good to see you.

I am glad you are such a fan of the story, it makes me happy to hear that. I am somewhat sad to see it go as well. I will be rowking on Indiana Summer soon. I promise.

Best,

NightOwl

NightOwl,I really love this story. I too hate to see it come to an end. I love that Zeek's family has accepted his and Jake's relationship. And I love that Zeek getting his eye sight back has given him his confidence back. And I love that Rick was able to redeem himself. I love a happy ending! When you finish this one, there better be a new story waiting mister! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Hey Lin, always good to see you here,

I am glad that you love the story, that means a lot to me. I am sorry to see it end too but it jsut feels as if it is the right time. It took awhile but things with the family did get smoothed over, for the best of course. Zeek confidence in a tricky thing, as we'll see int he last chapter, but it works. I promise I will have a sorta new story waiting as soon as I can.

Best,

NightOwl

• 2 months later...

Hey NightOwl,

When I saw that you posted the last chapter, I couldn't wait to get back to this story. So basically I just devoured all 15 chapters over the past couple of days. I just loved it. :2thumbs::worship: I'll get to the ending in a sec.

My impression is that this story must have been difficult to write from the point of view of all the care and attention needed to address Zeek's visual impairment and, to a lesser extent, Lou's speech impairment. On top of that you used alternating narrators within each chapter. You must have driven your editor batty. :wacko: In my view, you pulled it off wonderfully. Bravo! (to your editor too.) I believe this story was your first here at GA (or close to it)so that makes this accomplishment all the more sweeter.

Your characters were excellent. Lou and Lawrence were a hoot! I really enjoyed their interaction. :wub: I also enjoy good dialogue and you didn't disappoint on that count either. The two major love scenes were superbly written. Let me assure you that that always enhances a story for me. I know they're not easy to write. B)

As to the concluding chapter, well all I can say is that you must have big gonads to do what you did. Few authors would have gone there. Overcoming personal adversity is one of my favourite themes. Hands down, I thought Zeek and Jake had had their fair share to deal with. My initial reaction was shock and disappointment. By the end of the chapter though, you had at least picked me up off the floor. Thanks for that. I'm not sure how you did it. I'm still scratching my head. I don't know....something like hope and love spring eternal, new beginnings and maybe an incredible sense or will to keep moving forward.

Thanks so much for the story. :wub: