• Site Administrator

I loved Max and Josh before I ever met Owl in chat, then got hooked on Lover's Blind. I envy writers who can do more than one project at a time. But now that I know he has another one I want to read it, typical meanie, building up the hype before delivering the goods, lol!

I LOVED this chapter. The support the guys are getting is awesome but why do I have this intense feeling of foreboding? I love Max and Josh but I hope there isn't too long an interim in this story. And you have more stories that you have been holding out on us? For shame! Post, post now!!!!

Cia my dear you are too kind. I am really glad you liked this chapter. I wanted this to be a little different then Max and Josh where peer support was concerned. I don't know how much scene time Pat, Carver, and Benny will get (unless I set benny up with Miranda) but I am glad that I wrote them.

You should feel a bit of forboding, as things will be getting a littly hairy here soon, I hope you'll stick around. I promise to have more Max and Josh and Lovers Blind soon. I am already writing Max and Josh's newest update.

It was soo good to hear from you on.

Best Wishes.

NightOwl

Oh Cia! The next story is WOW~! Wait'll you read chapter 1... You'll be hooked immediately! I just love everything Owl writes!

Rush, please, your making me blush....I am really glad you like the other story, I expect you to be my first reviewer when I post it lol. I love your work too btw, we really need to discuss those story parts you sent me lol

Best Wishes.

NightOwl

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I hated it. It was total crap, not worth reading and full of senseless drivel, wooden charactes and non sensical dialogue. Okay... rewind and completely reverse everything I said above :) You can pick yourself up off the floor now Owl. I LOVED it. It was a fabulous chapter even though in many ways it was frustrating and I said WHAT!!! a number of times.

The school handled that badly I think. There was no sensitivity shown even though they must have known what it was all about. They knew about the history with Rick and did sod all about it.

The parents were understandable and justifiably upset and concerned, however... they did nothing to give credit to either of the boys. Zeke's parents know Jake, they know him well.... so why are they so ready to suddenly change their opinion and consider him to be an out of control monster who might be capable of hurting their son. He's been in their home almost ever day forever. They've seen the way he has taken care of Zeke and where the hell were they when their son was getting hurt? WHat did they expect Jake to do? Let it happen? Gods people are so stupid sometimes. And they are always ready to think the worse no matter how their common sense and experience dictate otherwise.

I am concerned that if they don't wake up and smell the coffee very soon then EVERYONE is going to get hurt.

Sigh... rant over. See what your writing does to me? Awesome.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I just wanted to drop a line letting you guys know that Lovers Blind 9 is up in the efiction. I hope you guys enjoy. Feel free to let me know one way or another lol.

Lovers Blind CH09

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

Great chapter! Intense. Full of emotions. Pretty long! (You know I'm a size queen as regards the length of your chapters Owl ;):D ) All in all...

I hated it. It was total crap, not worth reading and full of senseless drivel, wooden charactes and non sensical dialogue. Okay... rewind and completely reverse everything I said above Posted Image You can pick yourself up off the floor now Owl. I LOVED it. It was a fabulous chapter even though in many ways it was frustrating and I said WHAT!!! a number of times.

The school handled that badly I think. There was no sensitivity shown even though they must have known what it was all about. They knew about the history with Rick and did sod all about it.

The parents were understandable and justifiably upset and concerned, however... they did nothing to give credit to either of the boys. Zeke's parents know Jake, they know him well.... so why are they so ready to suddenly change their opinion and consider him to be an out of control monster who might be capable of hurting their son. He's been in their home almost ever day forever. They've seen the way he has taken care of Zeke and where the hell were they when their son was getting hurt? WHat did they expect Jake to do? Let it happen? Gods people are so stupid sometimes. And they are always ready to think the worse no matter how their common sense and experience dictate otherwise.

I am concerned that if they don't wake up and smell the coffee very soon then EVERYONE is going to get hurt.

Sigh... rant over. See what your writing does to me? Awesome.

That was a low, dirty, EVIL trick Nephy, and I loved every second of it you devious Deva.

The school did handle things poorly, but I needed it to in order to set up some future fun. Stay tuned lol.

I guess to understand why Zeeks parents went off the deep end you'd have to know them how I know them lol. They've spent Zeek's entire life being open and honest with due to finding out about his disability early on. Finding out that Zeekadn Jake ahve been keeping something big secret from them causes them to jump to the worst possible conclusions. Before they got together they always knew about the incidents and fights, after they got together they started keeping things from them, they meant well but it ended up biting them in the butts lol.

I guess its not so much as the fights as it is the fact that they were keeping it from them...does that make sense?

BTW i love making you rant and rave, its a real perk of this writing lark lol.

Great chapter! Intense. Full of emotions. Pretty long! (You know I'm a size queen as regards the length of your chapters Owl Posted ImagePosted Image ) All in all... Posted Image

Hello Paya, so very glad you stopped by, as always lol.

it was a bit long wasn't it, and i wrote it that way JUST FOR YOU lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend

Nephy you have an awesome ability to express MY feelings sooo well! Posted Image I too quesioned here and there the plausibility of the stuff written there - but as I said before, emotions are bitch... So I blame hot heads eclipsing the rational brains...

Nephy is so good about being able to capture things isn't she, heck half the time she could say it better then I could lol. i am glad you picked up up ont he plausibility issues, i admit myself that I worried if some of the stuff wasn't a little too far out of left field. I'm glad you can see the reasoning behind it though lol.

Best Wishes my dear friends.

NightOwl

• Like 1

OK, Ya'll have to rewind and remember what happened with Zeek's Mom's *brother? cousin?* who ever it was, he got beaten up to death outside a gay bar if I well remember by homophobes... She was nearly traumatized when she found out that Zeek was gay so therefore it is well understandable that she reacted this way, not only that but also finding out that the fights with Rick have been plenty and they never knew about them. As for the principal? The question is, him knowing that the boys are gay, does he really care what happens to them, if they get abused, tormented, beat up? Where are his feelings? If that would've been a school around here the police would've been called immediately.

In any case, stay tuned, Nephy's are not the only stories to get :devil:worse :devil: before getting better! :P0:)

Just keep on :read:

• Like 1

OK, Ya'll have to rewind and remember what happened with Zeek's Mom's *brother? cousin?* who ever it was, he got beaten up to death outside a gay bar if I well remember by homophobes... She was nearly traumatized when she found out that Zeek was gay so therefore it is well understandable that she reacted this way, not only that but also finding out that the fights with Rick have been plenty and they never knew about them. Also, remember when they overheard his mom threatening to send Zeek to his aunts house in (CA?) to go to a special school, in time they'd all be moving there also. Obviously they'll do anything to stay together, thus lying, or keeping the happenings to themselves.

As for the principal? The question is, him knowing that the boys are gay, does he really care what happens to them, if they get abused, tormented, beat up? Where are his feelings? If that would've been a school around here the police would've been called immediately.

In any case, stay tuned, Nephy's are not the only stories to get :devil:worse :devil: before getting better! :P0:)

Just keep on :read:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Hmm, I cut Zeek's mom a bit of slack in this case but still, anyone who could see you day in and day out for that long and not know that you would never hurt their son, that would be painful. She seems to have a problem with letting the past color the present, which is common and sooo hard to overcome. Not every situation is the same. Honestly if I was Jake I would have tracked Rick down some night in a dark corner and beat the snot out of him (Yes, I do actually have temper issues and the visit to anger management class to prove it, lol)

I wonder now if Zeek and Jake will come clean about the threatening calls that are happening and if that will bring Lou and Lawrence into the picture more with their parents. Jake is wanting to earn the trust of the parents but will it hurt or help their cause?? At least the parents could try to trace the source of the calls or get the police to.

The other thing I would like to know is if the Principal knows about the threats and altercations that happened previously, especially the ones in the locker room, then why has nothing been done sooner? The SS is responding the incidents somewhat but making that little group seems more of a sop to say, but look... We did do something, rather than an actual solution to the problem. I don't think the situation is going to end well at all.

Wonderful chapter as always!! Can't wait for the next one.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Wonderful chapter Owl! I think I like this story the best out of the 3 you have going currently. You have such a mix of vulnerability and strength in the characters. Zeek and Jake are going through a tough time but they are handling it in a mature fashion, thankfully they have wonderful friends to help them out Posted Image In some cases sneaking around IS the right thing to do. You have added some new dynamics to the story with the increasing problems that Zeek's mother is having and sending Rick off to a 'boot camp'. I'm still wondering who was making the calls if it wasn't him and truly what his motivations were for harassing Zeek so much. Your formatting got messed up on this chapter, breaking up some of the paragraphs but you had such a good flow it didn't really distract me too much. Fix that and this will be one of your best chapters to date! Great job!

Edited by Cia

There is little I can add to Cia's post... except that, although I like this story very much indeed I have to admit that Indiana Summer is my favourite. I don't expect that to come as a surprise to you.

Having said that I really did enjoy this chapter. Yes, the boys are lucky to have friends like Lou and Lawrence. It is awful though that they need to sneak around like this. Zeek's mother has problems, yes but as Zeek himself has thought they really shouldn't be his probelms. His father clearly apprecaites the problem but he is putting Zeek's mother first, before him.

Given the troubles Zeek has had to live with I would have expected his father to be a little more on his side. It's a conisderation, I think of the age old problem of priorities. When someone you love is ill you get blinkers and put their needs before everyone else's. Sometimes that is necessary and sometimes it is destructive.

I dont think that Zeek's mother should be allowed to interfere for too long. She is compltely irrational and if she doesn't get help and figure it out then there is going to be a huge explosion and someone is going to get hurt. Of course I will take the someone getting hurt option every time given my highly evil nature but in this case I would pay money for it to be Zeek's mother. I would love to see the bitch explode and spatter body parts all over the road

Yes it is natural for a mother to have protective feelings towards her child but in this case they are totally unacceptable as she is taking it out on the one person who has actually been protecting him... she hasn't been doing too good a job of it. I hate the bitch and I think she needs a circle of shame... with extreme prejudice.

Wonderful chapter Owl! I think I like this story the best out of the 3 you have going currenty. You have such a mix of vulnerability and strength in the characters. Zeek and Jake are going through a tough time but they are handling it in a mature fashion, thankfully they have wonderful friends to help them out Posted Image In some cases sneaking around IS the right thing to do. You have added some new dynamics to the story with the increasing problems that Zeek's mother is having and sending Rick off to a 'boot camp'. I'm still wondering who was making the calls if it wasn't him and truly what his motivations were for harassing Zeek so much. Your formatting got messed up on this chapter, breaking up some of the paragraphs but you had such a good flow it didn't really distract me too much. Fix that and this will be one of your best chapters to date! Great job!

Hey Cia, I'm glad you stopped in,

I am glad you like the chapter, and think so highly of the story. As you well know I strive to make my charecters as three dimensional as possible, i am glad that it shows through. I ahd to inject some drama into the story, and considering Zeek's mom has ahd issues ebfore I thought it would be a great place to expand on, sometimes sneaking around IS the right thing...I've been there lol. I had to do something with Rick, and after an extensive talk with Rush came up with soemthing good, i hope everyone likes where it's going to go. I promise the phone calls and his motivation will be explained.

I thought I fixed all my formatting the first time around but I have gone abck adn fixed the stuff I missed, I hope it wasn't an inconvinence.

There is little I can add to Cia's post... except that, although I like this story very much indeed I have to admit that Indiana Summer is my favourite. I don't expect that to come as a surprise to you.

Having said that I really did enjoy this chapter. Yes, the boys are lucky to have friends like Lou and Lawrence. It is awful though that they need to sneak around like this. Zeek's mother has problems, yes but as Zeek himself has thought they really shouldn't be his probelms. His father clearly apprecaites the problem but he is putting Zeek's mother first, before him.

Given the troubles Zeek has had to live with I would have expected his father to be a little more on his side. It's a conisderation, I think of the age old problem of priorities. When someone you love is ill you get blinkers and put their needs before everyone else's. Sometimes that is necessary and sometimes it is destructive.

I dont think that Zeek's mother should be allowed to interfere for too long. She is compltely irrational and if she doesn't get help and figure it out then there is going to be a huge explosion and someone is going to get hurt. Of course I will take the someone getting hurt option every time given my highly evil nature but in this case I would pay money for it to be Zeek's mother. I would love to see the bitch explode and spatter body parts all over the road

Yes it is natural for a mother to have protective feelings towards her child but in this case they are totally unacceptable as she is taking it out on the one person who has actually been protecting him... she hasn't been doing too good a job of it. I hate the bitch and I think she needs a circle of shame... with extreme prejudice.

Hello Nephy, always a pleasure.

No it doesn't come as a surprise somehow that Indiana Summer is your favorite :)

I like the inclusion of Lou and Lawrence as well, I sort of see them as a more experianced version of Zeek aand Jake, (not THAT way...perverts lol). The mother...well I thought she'd make the perfect familial antagonist for this story I mean the mother of a visually impaired child, she's perfect for going to far. His dad...i think i wrote Zachery to be overwhelmed a bit by the situation. He know's his wife is going to far and is trying to help her but doesn't know how to handle the situation so he goes to the one option he knows there is, to keep Zeek from making waves; it's not the right decision but he feels that's all he can do lol.

I don't think his mom will be ill for too long, but she might get worse before she gets better, not sure yet so your EVIL NATURE might get stroked later on. She is over-protective, and anxious, and scared and possibly feelign a little inadaquite but that is indeed no excuse to seperate him from Jake, i am glad you hate her, it shows that I'm doing my job lol.

Thank you my lovely Ladies for your posts, you know how much I look forward to seeing your posts.

best Wishes,

nightOwl

Nightowl, I really love this story. I'm glad Zeek and Jake got to see each other and exchange gifts. Zeek's mom is a real piece of work. I agree that she should know jake better than that by now. I sure hope Zeek gets his sight back soon. Great work. Lin

Hey Lin, good to see you,

I am SOOOO happy to hear you love the story, that makes me happy. I liked the gift exhange scene too, its the first time I've ever done a scene like that before; in reality I always thought the scene would come up first in Max and Josh but it seemed to fit well here too. Zeek's mom does have some problems, and she should know Jake better then that I think it's just a cascade effect. I mean she was so focused on her son being blind that she never considered him to be a sexual being so the revelation of him being gay and in a relationship with his best friend, whom she has known since childhood, was a double shock and then the fact that they were hiding things from them deepened her paranoia. I'm not shrink, just what I think.

Glad you stopped in, don't be a stranger.

• 2 months later...

Hey yall,

It's quite a bit later in the day than I planned but I have finally put out Lovers Blind Chapter11. I hope you enjoy it and I appolozie for it taking so long, I was battling with some writters block, but for the time beign that has passed.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I really do lol.

Lovers Blind CH11

I loved it. As I said in my review I have been getting really impatient for Zeek's Mom to get hers. i think everyone has been far to patient with her and she should have been slapped chapters ago. All this... give her time and get her into therapy was understandable and from the story point of view certainly logical, caring and believable... but it wouldn't have beenfor me, especially if I had been Zeek's Dad. Yeah he loves her but he loves his son too and he was just validating her actions by accepting them.

I am glad that Zeek has found a pair of balls and I hope he starts fighting now. He's come across as a fighter as far as he can be and a number of things that have hapened in the story have tended to empower him but he's just folded as far as the Jake thing is concerned. I know it's never easy to fight your parents but they are teenagers after all and that's what they're supposed to do.

I think Zeek actually hit the nail on the head when he challenged his Mom about whether she had ever actually accepted their relationship. Maybe this will get her thinking. If not I think that the nicey nicey should stop and that slap is way overdue. Maybe Zeek's father will find his balls too.

I am liking Lawrence and Lou A LOT. They are sweet, sensible, intelligent, helpful, thoughtful and slightly rebellious... perfect friends.

Awesome story Owl

I loved it. As I said in my review I have been getting really impatient for Zeek's Mom to get hers. i think everyone has been far to patient with her and she should have been slapped chapters ago. All this... give her time and get her into therapy was understandable and from the story point of view certainly logical, caring and believable... but it wouldn't have beenfor me, especially if I had been Zeek's Dad. Yeah he loves her but he loves his son too and he was just validating her actions by accepting them.

I am glad that Zeek has found a pair of balls and I hope he starts fighting now. He's come across as a fighter as far as he can be and a number of things that have hapened in the story have tended to empower him but he's just folded as far as the Jake thing is concerned. I know it's never easy to fight your parents but they are teenagers after all and that's what they're supposed to do.

I think Zeek actually hit the nail on the head when he challenged his Mom about whether she had ever actually accepted their relationship. Maybe this will get her thinking. If not I think that the nicey nicey should stop and that slap is way overdue. Maybe Zeek's father will find his balls too.

I am liking Lawrence and Lou A LOT. They are sweet, sensible, intelligent, helpful, thoughtful and slightly rebellious... perfect friends.

Awesome story Owl

Hey Nephylim, I'm happy to see you here,

I am glad that you loved the chapter, you know how much I love hearing that. I think a lot of folks were waiting for Mrs. Manning to get hers, which is coming. I agree with you, logically Therapy would have been the right think to do but in my opinion it would have been to easy...and WAY too boring. Therapy might play a role later in the story but it won't be the end all be all of Momma Manning's treatment.

Zeek really is a fighter, but he picks his battles, and it takes a lot for him to act, Mom walking out on therapy he knew it was pretty much over. Zeek and Jake are a lot like I used to be, I never liked conflict with my parents, while I didn't always agree with what they were saying or doing I hated to argue with them for some reason.

I think Zeek was right too about his chalenge, it makes more sense lol. Zeeks Father... I'm not entirely sure what he'll be doing concerning the situation, I suppose we'll find out. I like Lou and Lawrence as well, they are really swell guys, the story needed some characters like them lol.

Best Wishes and thanks for stopping in.

NightOwl

• 2 months later...
  • Site Administrator

I absolutely loved Ch. 12. Zeek standing up to his mom after Jake had a go at it was a great ending to the last chapter. I think those shocks coupled with the sudden slap in the face realization that she was causing real lasting harm to the boys by denying them each other when Jake ran off to think finally made her snap to. Good thing, she deserved a good smacking. The situation the boys found themselves in with the bullying and the personal issues between them did have consequences and they deserved to be reminded of that but she was taking it like they were a personal attack and affront on her. I'm glad you pu that she will stay in therapy though.

The costume scene was cute but the ending of the chapter was amazing. The sudden call about a donor, the possibility that Zeek could get his sight back is just excitement inducing. I want to know what happens so much! A long delay on the writing of the next chapter might get you lynched you know :P There are so many questions. Will his sight be functional? How will it affect his personality and the way he interacts with others since he has been blind through so much of his later teen years, very formative ones. How will it affect his relationship with Jake? How will Jake react to no longer having Zeek blind and needing him in such an extreme way? Gah, I can't wait to learn more! Great chapter Owl.

I absolutely loved Ch. 12. Zeek standing up to his mom after Jake had a go at it was a great ending to the last chapter. I think those shocks coupled with the sudden slap in the face realization that she was causing real lasting harm to the boys by denying them each other when Jake ran off to think finally made her snap to. Good thing, she deserved a good smacking. The situation the boys found themselves in with the bullying and the personal issues between them did have consequences and they deserved to be reminded of that but she was taking it like they were a personal attack and affront on her. I'm glad you pu that she will stay in therapy though.

The costume scene was cute but the ending of the chapter was amazing. The sudden call about a donor, the possibility that Zeek could get his sight back is just excitement inducing. I want to know what happens so much! A long delay on the writing of the next chapter might get you lynched you know :P There are so many questions. Will his sight be functional? How will it affect his personality and the way he interacts with others since he has been blind through so much of his later teen years, very formative ones. How will it affect his relationship with Jake? How will Jake react to no longer having Zeek blind and needing him in such an extreme way? Gah, I can't wait to learn more! Great chapter Owl.

Hey Cia, i am glad you stopped in.

I am glad you loved chapter 12, you know how much I love hearing hearing that. The ending of the last chapter was my favorite part, it was exaclty the catalyst that Zeek needed. Often with people likes Zeek's mom it has to be something shocking that snaps them out of their behavior, its the only way it works. In her opinion it was a personal attack. She has been taking care Zeek since his child hood, when he went blind she never thought about him in a romantic relationship so when he fell in love with someone that had been taking care of him fo an equally long time she felt threatened lol.

I liked the costume scene too, i wanted it to be kind of light hearted to counter balance the emotions from the rest of the chapter. I guess I'll have to go into hiding since I have two other stories to update first lol. I really wish I could tell you what was going to happen with Zeeks sight and his relationship to Jake. I guess it's fair to say there will be..ah..difficulties lol.

Best.

Nightowl

NO,

Great Story - you handle the interaction between the two - Zeel and Jake - very well. Dealing wtih Zeek's issues in a way that to me at least, appears realistic. One thing I really like was how all the fights Jake got in to protect Zeek were told from Zeek's perspective. Not only does it do away with reading 'Jake punched Rick in the chest, Rich punched Jake in the face etc,' but we learn about it in the same way Zeek would leran about it - getting information filtered and censored from Jake - we really never know exactly what happened to Jake, how bad he was hurt, how determined he was to stop Rick etc. We know some of this but Zeek learns it only from Jake and that is where we get it from. Very Nicely Done!

Two things, - I have said this before on other threads so I will say it here too - you shift perspectives a lot here - it can and does get confusing who we are hearing from. Sometimes - not often - the change is not readily apparent. It would be helpful if you would indicate whose perspective we are getting almost in the first line. Minor complaint really because I ALWAYS know who is talking at some point. This just might be a pet peeve of mine so take it with a grain of salt.

The second thing is sort of a back handed compliment. As the chapters have progressed you skills as a writer have gotten noticeably better - and I mean that with all sincerity and as a true compliment. When I started reading this I didn't find it as polished as Indiana Summer. But as I got to the last 3-4 chapters I could see the difference and it was all for the better. Your story telling was never an issue - you have great imagination and vision. We feel your characters, they are not one or two dimensional and we get the sense we know them. Lovers Blind is now equally as polished as I.S.

Not sure if that came across right, but what I was trying to say is I could tell you have been working hard on this and it truly shows.

Andy