[dkstories] The Beard

• Site Administrator

As most of you know, Dan wrote a story for Premium Content called, The Beard. Starting today, we will be posting that story on Dan's site.

http://dkstories.gayauthors.org/beard/beard-01.php

The full version will remain in Premium Content until it has been fully posted to Dan's site, which will occur over the next few weeks.

Myr

Question: At the beginning of Chapter 2, it says Dale was on summer vacation; thus, he was annoyed he couldn't sleep in when his grandparents were doing stuff in the kitchen. Skip down a few paragraphs, and now it's a long weekend, and he has to go back to school on Monday. Which one is it?

Question: At the beginning of Chapter 2, it says Dale was on summer vacation; thus, he was annoyed he couldn't sleep in when his grandparents were doing stuff in the kitchen. Skip down a few paragraphs, and now it's a long weekend, and he has to go back to school on Monday. Which one is it?

DOH - I told Dan about that typo but I guess he never fixed it. He was going to remove the summer reference so that it was late spring.

I'm really enjoying the story. If only I could remember my English from high school, I would remember the noun for the act that sets the plot in motion, but, alas, I can't remember it. In any event, the thing that gets this story going is so different that I can see many different possible plot lines. Cole is really gay and this is his way of coming of out of the closet. Dale ends up heartbroken. I can't wait for the story to unfold.

I've read 'till chapter 7! :great:

I really like it that Dale, little by little, regain his old self back :)

I have to say that I agree with Jeremy.

Why Cole? He has everything.

Okay, so I guess Cole probably feels "something" for Dale too.

Eventhough I'm not sure what that is right now :)

But I think it might be better if Dale ends up with Jeremy :wub:

I mean, he's hot. Nice, and they've known each other for the longest time :wub:

Oh, and I can't wait till Glenn tries to sleep with Cole ;)

oh wow! :lol:

The Advocate huh? :great:

I like it soooo much how Cole drives Dale crazy :wub:

From the kiss, the tease, the flat-out come ons :wub:

Especially the scene in the gym, hehehehe :worship:

I have to say, I found the political background of this story is fascinating too.

You always have the "touch" Dan, bringing politics down to earth :worship:

All I say is that I would HATE to read the part where those two break up :(

Okay I read The Beard on Premium and it was GREAT. I'm rereading it now and it's still GREAT. :worship:

I'm reading it on my iphone so I get all the ads, which I never got before. Sometimes ad syndication using relevant terms in a story don't work too well.

Here are the two I got in 12 and 13:

Posted Image

...and

Posted Image

Woot!

Two more chapters ... and we're getting to the particularly fun stuff. I really liked that Cole and Dale (gee, it's a good thing the senator's son's name isn't Chip, isn't it?) had an honest discussion. Not sure how I feel about the other two, but we'll see ...

• Site Administrator

As for the ads... Premium Content is ad-free. The rest of the site is not.

With today's postings, The Beard is now complete in the regular (non-Premium) section of GA. I hope everyone enjoys it - I loved it when I first ran across the cross-references that Dan put in - he surprised even me.

As for the ads... Premium Content is ad-free. The rest of the site is not.

Oh I know, I was just pointing out the er, irony of the ad content. This is what happens when ad syndication takes website content into new realms of meaning. I found the ads humorous because of the page content.:P

I think the cross-references MADE the story.

I'm reading some of the other stories again to see if I can spot this timeline.. its not too easy:P

Here's my theory!

[dk geek hat]

#1 We know it's after 2009 because: Sean, Davey, Brian all have birthdays on Jan 1969 (40+ age reference. BTW Admit it, Dan! You were just too lazy to give scattered birthdays to make it simple! 0:))

#2 Levi Johnson reference means McCain-Failen did run in 2008

#3 It's Mr Jones and NOT Breckenridge-Jones

#4 They have daughters and not sons (no Richard and Kevin)

#5 Davey did NOT have kids in ANY time-line prior to where there was a President Jones. (He either died, got shot at or the planet was blown up long before 2008)

Conclusion:

Either it's the current time-line where Dan left us at the end of Let's Do It :great:

Or

Dan has a Fifth Do Over story not yet written :blink:

Or

Dan didn't care for the small details :P

[/dk geek hat]