Elijah: The Shattered Nation

Once again we return to Elijah. Braden Extollere finds himself taking the place of a king. A body goes missing, a mysterious messenger and dreams plagued with gray visions of what is to come. What will happen to Braden? To Elijah? Where is Jeremy and will he ever be found!?

Get your fix here!

Comments, suggestions, anything is always welcome. I hope to make this one longer and maybe a bit more 'romantic' for all you people. I think I can do that because sometimes, on Tuesdays, I feel a bit romantic.

Also, if you haven't read Elijah, I suggest you do so. Things will make more sense apart from that just being a shameless plug to advertise my story. Enjoy!

How can you not like a world where magic and motorcars coexist? Where sword-wielding paladins guard the regent from paparazzi? And where that young regent is torn between his duty to the country and its people, and his devotion to one who was his friend (and perhaps more)?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice start to the new year. I love this story and this particular chapter is awesome. As I said in the review I was somewhat irritated with Braden's character in the first story and preferred Caleb.. yeah I know he was a baddie in the end but I liked him anyway. Jeremy was a bit of a wimp so Caleb was the awesome, strong, sexy one.

In this one Braden is coming into his own and I am liking him a lot more. There are lots of strange and unusual characters which appeal to me greatly and the whole setting is dark and mysterious which I love.

The writingis delicate and detailed, the characterisation awesome and the scope of the vision vast.

Excellent story Chase. Just gets better and better.

• 2 weeks later...

As Nephylim pointed out, Braden was a bit of a...hmm, expletive deleted...in the first story, but having been given the challenges of leadership, he's turning into an okay guy. Chase gives this to us in small doses, and lets us find out for ourselves, rather than simply telling us. Braden's relationship with Charlie...so different from the one he had with Charlie's brother...is quite telling, as well. Chase continues to introduce new concepts that meld magic and modern technology in unusual and interesting ways.