Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 6

CJames - Its a nice take on a gay teens point of view on a straight couple.

Still I wonder if Trev would do Joel but the funny thing they look alike so it be doing yourself or your brother.

Hopefully Trev will open up a bit now that high school is over and that he be 18 and that life is changing in the direction he wishes.

I presume that Trev may or may not goto college and if he did - he want to be near atlantis.

But the mystery is his dad and what he's upto. Hopefully a new wife. Nine Years and no girlfriend or wife.

------

Nice you doing Florida even though its where I live now. But its nice to see if any one from there will know if there is any inaccuracies.

Just notice Fort St Lucie - that must be a typo.

Yes I drove past the nuclear plant a few times - excellent spot you chose. I never check the beaches there.

Pitty I didn't take the time to smell the roses there.

mmm might be nuclearly glowing right!!

CJames - Its a nice take on a gay teens point of view on a straight couple.

Still I wonder if Trev would do Joel but the funny thing they look alike so it be doing yourself or your brother.

Hopefully Trev will open up a bit now that high school is over and that he be 18 and that life is changing in the direction he wishes.

I presume that Trev may or may not goto college and if he did - he want to be near atlantis.

But the mystery is his dad and what he's upto. Hopefully a new wife. Nine Years and no girlfriend or wife.

------

Nice you doing Florida even though its where I live now. But its nice to see if any one from there will know if there is any inaccuracies.

Just notice Fort St Lucie - that must be a typo.

Yes I drove past the nuclear plant a few times - excellent spot you chose. I never check the beaches there.

Pitty I didn't take the time to smell the roses there.

mmm might be nuclearly glowing right!!

Ooops! I'll fix the typo! Thanks for the catch. I meant St. Lucie. <blush>

Trevor is currently 16, and will be 17 in a few days. What they just finished is their junior year of high school, and school is over for the summer. Sorry for the confusion, I should have made that clearer.

CJ :)

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the chapter CJ specool.gif .

Now I imagine you will have absolutely nothing to say about this post tongue.gif .

First, what the heck is in those tax receipt boxes??? It must be important as you finished off Chapter 5 with mentioning them, and you start Chapter 6 with them. Could there be something about the disappearance of the Ares in them waiting for Trevor to discover.

Next, I do remember that Dirk had left for his weekly trade conference in Miami (you never corrected the word weekly, so I'm assuming that to Trevor his dad leaves for Miami once a week), you mentioned that he was heading North since the mileage signs for Miami were disappearing in his rear view mirror. I would make the guess that he possibly could be heading to Orlando instead. Now we have Lisa and Joel heading up to Orlando to do some shopping. Could there be a chance encounter coming up soon? If it happens, will Dirk be honest with Trevor, or will Joel and Lisa spill the news to Trevor. I'm still going with the girlfriend scenario btw.

Last I have to ask, does the goat have a need to involve a nuclear bomb, plant, explosion in everyone of his last three stories nuke.gif ? I can hardly wait for Three for Jake to see what happens? Maybe he works on a oil seismic crew and uses radioactive isotopes to map out oil fields laugh.gif .

Thanks again CJ.

Steve

Edited by wildone

Now I imagine you will have absolutely nothing to say about this post tongue.gif .

First, what the heck is in those tax receipt boxes??? It must be important as you finished off Chapter 5 with mentioning them, and you start Chapter 6 with them. Could there be something about the disappearance of the Ares in them waiting for Trevor to discover.

Next, I do remember that Dirk had left for his weekly trade conference in Miami (you never corrected the word weekly, so I'm assuming that to Trevor his dad leaves for Miami once a week), you mentioned that he was heading North since the mileage signs for Miami were disappearing in his rear view mirror. I would make the guess that he possibly could be heading to Orlando instead. Now we have Lisa and Joel heading up to Orlando to do some shopping. Could there be a chance encounter coming up soon? If it happens, will Dirk be honest with Trevor, or will Joel and Lisa spill the news to Trevor. I'm still going with the girlfriend scenario btw.

Last I have to ask, does the goat have a need to involve a nuclear bomb, plant, explosion in everyone of his last three stories nuke.gif ? I can hardly wait for Three for Jake to see what happens? Maybe he works on a oil seismic crew and uses radioactive isotopes to map out oil fields laugh.gif .

Thanks again CJ.

Steve

B)....................The million dollar question, but the goat is simply hooked on nukes! Since the goat promised no cliffhangers in this story :rolleyes: one can assume there will be no villains intent on blowing up the world. Nice catch on the Miami mileage signs Steve, I saw that but didn't connect the dots as you did. Lastly, Trevor's self-imposed single status looks like it is going to change soon. Perhaps Lisa and Joel will sneak Ben aboard on there next outing at sea! Nice easy chapter CJ, and that always worries me!! :whistle:

Edited by Benji

So im thinking that was the last time we will hear about ben... back a few.

Looking forward to more chapters :)

The next chapter is called "Pilgrimage" and will be posted Tuesday. :)

Now I imagine you will have absolutely nothing to say about this post

tongue.gif .

On the contrary! I will answer all your questions! :)

Well, I will give a very big clue be telling you what isn't in the boxes. It's not a 1972 Buick Skylark. Is it important? Oh, yes. Is it in chapter 7? Yes. :)

Yep, "weekly" was used correctly. :)

Now, as for where he's going... Miami is roughly south of him, but we saw him heading North, with Miami in his rear view mirror. However, we have not yet rulled out that Dirk might just have a poor sense of direction! He can indeed get to Miami by heading north from Ft. Pierce... it's just a very, very, very long way, 24859 miles, via the north pole, and then the south pole. And that could very well be why the story is called "circumnavigation". 0:)

... it's just a very, very, very long way, 24859 miles, via the north pole, and then the south pole. And that could very well be why the story is called "circumnavigation". 0:)

That broke me up, CJ! :lmao:

Loving the story...espcially Joel's red shorts. 0:)

Yeah, Trevor needs a man in his life. :wub:

Yup Trevor needs one real bad

He starting to wanna hump straight guys!!!!

that look like him!!

Any body here?? wanna hump Joel???

Too bad Trev isn;t vulcan - then its just another 7 years

B)....................The million dollar question, but the goat is simply hooked on nukes! Since the goat promised no cliffhangers in this story :rolleyes: one can assume there will be no villains intent on blowing up the world. Nice catch on the Miami mileage signs Steve, I saw that but didn't connect the dots as you did. Lastly, Trevor's self-imposed single status looks like it is going to change soon. Perhaps Lisa and Joel will sneak Ben aboard on there next outing at sea! Nice easy chapter CJ, and that always worries me!! :whistle:

No nukes in this one. Well, surfing at a nuclear plant, but that's about it. :)

And of course there are no cliffhangers! Haven't you noticed how silent our resident amphibian (a cliff chirping frog)has been? Circumnavigation will be cliffhanger-free, just like all my prior novels. :)

Poor Trevor. :( He's stopped dating and spends all his time working. :(

That broke me up, CJ! :lmao:

Loving the story...especially Joel's red shorts. 0:)

Howdy, Goat!

I figured you'd love the red shorts... :)

Trevor does indeed need a man in his life... :)

Yup Trevor needs one real bad

He starting to wanna hump straight guys!!!!

that look like him!!

Any body here?? wanna hump Joel???

Too bad Trev isn;t vulcan - then its just another 7 years

Lisa did try to set him up on a date with a straight guy. :lmao: :lmao:

• Site Administrator

No nukes in this one. Well, surfing at a nuclear plant, but that's about it. smile.gif

Heck, even Lisa must know about your love of nuclear reactions with her warning to Trevor biggrin.gif

And of course there are no cliffhangers! Haven't you noticed how silent our resident amphibian (a cliff chirping frog)has been? Circumnavigation will be cliffhanger-free, just like all my prior novels. smile.gif

Why do I have a feeling that CJ has been laying low with the cliffhangers this year because he thought he'd be up for nomination. Now that that is out of the way, I imagine he will finish off this year (which he did), and hit us all with a monumental cliffhanger to start the new year. sad.gif

Lisa did try to set him up on a date with a straight guy. lmaosmiley.giflmaosmiley.gif

Speaking of straight, it was being discussed if you had become straight on us in chat earlier today. Someone's reply was that you went both ways. I replied that I believed that this was true, you'd go goat or human lmaosmiley.gif .

Heck, even Lisa must know about your love of nuclear reactions with her warning to Trevor biggrin.gif

Why do I have a feeling that CJ has been laying low with the cliffhangers this year because he thought he'd be up for nomination. Now that that is out of the way, I imagine he will finish off this year (which he did), and hit us all with a monumental cliffhanger to start the new year. sad.gif

Speaking of straight, it was being discussed if you had become straight on us in chat earlier today. Someone's reply was that you went both ways. I replied that I believed that this was true, you'd go goat or human lmaosmiley.gif .

Ahh, well, it is true that some of these chapters were written before I was aware of the rules change, but... If I was inclined to use cliffhangers, I'd make sure they were posted in 2009, not 2010! And, I absolutely guarantee that I have no plans to post a cliffhanger for the rest of 2009! :P

And stright? LoL! Nope, not me. :P

CJ may not be eligible this year, but there is 2010 should he slip up.

Of course I won't slip up! I never have yet: I never use cliffhangers!

Oh, and BTW, to anyone who thinks I had anything to do with the rule change: think about it; if it was my doing, I'd be permanently disqualified from being a candidate for the award.

And remember, the voting starts soon!

:)

• Site Moderator

Oh, and BTW, to anyone who thinks I had anything to do with the rule change: think about it; if it was my doing, I'd be permanently disqualified from being a candidate for the award.

You wouldn't have a snowballs chance in a hot place on getting that one to pass.

You wouldn't have a snowballs chance in a hot place on getting that one to pass.

But... I've been thinking... the qualification rules for all categories are specific; for example, the story for any category needs to have been posted, at least in part, during the year. Also, for the hosted categories, the author must be hosted.

Sooo... wouldn't it make sense that, on order to qualify for King of Cliffhangers, there must have been an actual cliffhanger posted? 0:)

CJ -

I like the way the story is developing. My money has been on Mom still alive since the begining. The question is what has she been involved in that she had to disappear? Tax records could also be a clue as to her continued good health. They may point to another financial entity which could be her, or something simple as the fact that maybe Dad still files a joint return. Dad goes somewhere "weekly" and it aint Miami. Mom can't have landed in Florida, her boat is too distinctive. There are lots of little uninhabited islands and coves in the Bahamas in which to hide her boat, but most of them have no fresh water sources, so she has to have gone someplace else after hiding it. It seems unlikely that Dad has been visiting her for 9 years and not gotten caught. So he is either mixed up in something else on the clandestine side, or he goes north to communicate with her weekly but only sees her face to face very infrequently. Now the fact that Dad has not declared her legaly dead is not a valid clue because he could just be acceding to his sons' sensibilities. (Truth: my gut says I'm full of BS on legaly dead thing)

tutti -

On coming out to Dad... I feel that Trev is correct in not pushing it. It is obvious that Dad does not want him to be gay. So why shove Dad into taking a stand he may regret later and then be unable to back down from. Of course I'm the sort of person who is always trying to slowly manipulate and manage a situation until it gradually is brought round. Give it a year and then let Dad figure it out for himself, or lead him by the hand. Shoving it in his face could just be bad.

Dave

CJ -

I like the way the story is developing. My money has been on Mom still alive since the begining. The question is what has she been involved in that she had to disappear? Tax records could also be a clue as to her continued good health. They may point to another financial entity which could be her, or something simple as the fact that maybe Dad still files a joint return. Dad goes somewhere "weekly" and it aint Miami. Mom can't have landed in Florida, her boat is too distinctive. There are lots of little uninhabited islands and coves in the Bahamas in which to hide her boat, but most of them have no fresh water sources, so she has to have gone someplace else after hiding it. It seems unlikely that Dad has been visiting her for 9 years and not gotten caught. So he is either mixed up in something else on the clandestine side, or he goes north to communicate with her weekly but only sees her face to face very infrequently. Now the fact that Dad has not declared her legaly dead is not a valid clue because he could just be acceding to his sons' sensibilities. (Truth: my gut says I'm full of BS on legaly dead thing)

tutti -

On coming out to Dad... I feel that Trev is correct in not pushing it. It is obvious that Dad does not want him to be gay. So why shove Dad into taking a stand he may regret later and then be unable to back down from. Of course I'm the sort of person who is always trying to slowly manipulate and manage a situation until it gradually is brought round. Give it a year and then let Dad figure it out for himself, or lead him by the hand. Shoving it in his face could just be bad.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you!

Rachel (Trevor's Mom) was declared legally dead, at the end of the prologue.

Nearly a year and a half passed, and Rachel was officially declared dead: lost at sea. Two weeks later, in an effort to bring his son

TJITE! I'm calling it. And why are not seeing more of Ben. It could end up being BTite in the end. Hope something interesting happens soon, not to say that the last chapter was boring, we got to see a naked Joel after all...

Okay. I'm going with B.tite

thnx for the chapter

LT

CJ -

tutti -

Dave

B)............Hmmmm, I love your analogy at this point!, It could explain the distancing Dad is doing to Trevor. Trevor may have it wrong, it is not that he is gay that has Dad feeling uncomfortable, but maybe details of Trevor's moms 'demise' that dad is feeling guilty of not revealing to Trevor. That would fit, who ever heard of a monthly trade show convention for shopkeepers??? Did Trevor's dad promise not to tell Trevor that his mother is in a coma at some hospital up north? As Trevor gets older, his dads guilt gets better. Those tax boxes are the key!! Nice!

I've rarely traveled to Miami, even when I lived a couple hours north of it in Boca Raton. Still, I've never heard of weekly trade shows, but I would think that if this was a lie, that Trevor would have figured it out sooner or later. His life has been invested in something that requires the trade, so I would think that he'd be aware of it either byt researching it himself or by word of mouth from others in the charter business. Let's not forget that his "captain" is also in the trade, and is probably fully aware of his father's business.

Of course, Julie could be "in on it" if his dad is keeping such a big secret. But, that begs the question of, "Why?" Why keep his mother's possibly life away from him. Surely, she is dead. Why, or how could he have more details of her death, and the coast guard does not? Perhaps Lisa will follow through with her promised research and dig something up. Time will tell, and it seems we have to wait three days to find out.

Remember, trevor is also a teenager, and he can be self absorbed. We've already seen part of that self absorption. He's stuck on his boat, what happened to his mom, and keeping his sexuality a secret from his father. His father has also made the mistake of pushing his son away. That does not help Trevor's case any.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..