• Ten Years
    • Fifteen Years
    • Twenty Years
    • Thirty Years
    • Forty Years
    • Fifty Years
    • Over Fifty Years

Guest bluesdreamer

I am really interested in knowing about long term relationships. Back in the 70's and 80's it seemed that I could never find anyone that was together for any lenght of time. I was always tickled when I found a couple that had been together for more than a year.

Unfortunately I am in a relationship thats only a few months old but it feels like it's been longer as we are both in the comfortable part of it. We learned to live with each others quirks and we even live together.

I can say that it depends on when you find the right person. I've had one long relationship in my life it lasted two years and all we did was fight. Come to think of it I don't know why I stayed with him that long.

My bf and I are quite happy right now and we do everything we can to make sure we stay that way. :wub:

Green

Guest bluesdreamer

I forgot that we had mixed sexual apptities here! hehehehe Viv I am really happy for you, but I really was meaning the gay area of our board, I should have been more definging. :blink:

You know it really is nice to have to think about these things. I really like having members from different sexual areas as members here.

So any way this poll is meant for Gays, at least at this point, but if you striaght folks want to brag, that is ok too. Just be sure and let us know what type of relationship it is.

I am jealous Viv!!!!!

Yesterday was mine and my husband's 22nd anniversary. Twenty-two married, 26 living together, 27 as a couple. Not all of them have been 'happily ever after' but, better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Sharon

Seb and I have been together for 2 and a half years now, but I was away for a year of that. We've been more or less living together for a year, and have been properly living together since July. I love living with him, and am glad everyday that he's in my life... :wub: sorry, lol, I am squishy today.

So any way this poll is meant for Gays, at least at this point, but if you striaght folks want to brag, that is ok too.  Just be sure and let us know what type of relationship it is.

Oops...I answered the poll before I read this part. I've been with my husband for 17 years, though, married for 16. I do know of two gay couples who have been together 25+ years, and two for about 20 years (one of those couples is no longer together, though.)

But maybe that will give you hope, anyway.

^_^

Oops...I answered the poll before I read this part.

:( Me too.........my husband and I have been together for just over 5 years.....4 years married.....but I do know gay couples that have been together for 2 years + :D

Lore

xxx

Edited by lobaiga

do you think couples stay together longer if the have kids? AHAH i just had a weird thought. what if it was possible for a gay couple to have kids through biological means. i mean it is just dna in both an egg and a sperm. does anyone think there will be the as drama as the pro life pro choice thing and genetic engineering situation, and the who gay marriage thing that is like dominating the news and such.

Edited by Bao
I forgot that we had mixed sexual apptities here!  hehehehe  Viv I am really happy for you, but I really was meaning the gay area of our board, I should have been more definging. :blink:  

You know it really is nice to have to think about these things.  I really like having members from different sexual areas as members here.

So any way this poll is meant for Gays, at least at this point, but if you striaght folks want to brag, that is ok too.  Just be sure and let us know what type of relationship it is.

I am jealous Viv!!!!!

OK!!!!

Officially my first time ever being predjudiced against for being straight... hmmm

But ok, it's all good... I am secure with my sexuality :P

Viv

On March 16th it will be 35 years for us. We met in 1971 at Texas A&M University and our first kiss was among the giant bowed limbs of the Century Oak. He and I have had some of the usual ups and downs, but we've held and loved each other through it all. He is my partner, my lover and my friend.

Jim

Guest jacobimvonstyluss

never had one, (looks faintly depressed) I haven't even come out (except to one girl, but she was a lesbian so it isn't quite the same).

That's why I really appreciate the internet, I can be who I am, without worrying about losing friends... And there's loads of HPfanfic slashy goodness to be had :)

Jamo

Me and my bf have been best freinds since we were in 3rd grade, but we didnt start going out until 2 years ago...actually, a little longer (june 7, 2003) but who's keeping track

June 7th is my birthday and it warms my heart to think that it is also your anniversary :wub: , shit, I think ben's squishyness has rubbed off.

:king: Snow Dog

Me and my bf have been best freinds since we were in 3rd grade, but we didnt start going out until 2 years ago...actually, a little longer (june 7, 2003) but who's keeping track

June 7th is my birthday and it warms my heart to think that it is also your anniversary :wub: , shit, I think ben's squishyness has rubbed off.

lol...who's Ben????

lol...who's Ben????

BoyNeedsTherapy

lol...who's Ben????

BoyNeedsTherapy

lol...oh, ok...Hi Ben... :D