How do I find someone's profile

Hi,

I've just read a brilliant story and want to find the author's profile to leave a message.... but how do I do that? If I click on the name I only get his stories... round and round in a circle... Other people manage to find my profile, so I'm feeling even more stupid than usual. All suggestions welcome. :pickaxe:

• Site Moderator

A couple of ways to do it would be, if your viewing a comment in the forums by the author, click on their avatar and it will take you to the profile.

Another way to do it would be to click on the members tab, then use the search feature.

A couple of ways to do it would be, if your viewing a comment in the forums by the author, click on their avatar and it will take you to the profile.

Another way to do it would be to click on the members tab, then use the search feature.

thanks... I'll try that.

I think what you are saying that it's hard to find the profile of a writer from efic. I have found that really hard especialy when their name on efic is different than on the forum. The ways described above can only be done from the forum and not efic (as far as I know) I have done exactly the same thing as you have going round and round on efic. At the time the writer I was looking for wasn't even a member of the forum and it drove me nuts.

I don't know if there's an answer to that dilemma.

I think what you are saying that it's hard to find the profile of a writer from efic. I have found that really hard especialy when their name on efic is different than on the forum. The ways described above can only be done from the forum and not efic (as far as I know) I have done exactly the same thing as you have going round and round on efic. At the time the writer I was looking for wasn't even a member of the forum and it drove me nuts.

Why doesn't everyone pick one name for everything and stick with it?

AH ha! that explains it... thanks to you I checked the member list of the forum and discovered that writer apparently isn't a member, therefore has no profile etc...... It's odd to have two diferent sites for the one place -- GA... keeps things interesting I suppose. Thanks for the responses everyone.