Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Jake By C James

Wow! What a great story. Like RobV, I'm not really all that excited about 3-way stories, but I have to make an exception here. Great storyline and, as always, great writing. What really makes me happy is that Jake is the first story I've read as a subscribing member. CJ's rant about lack of feedback on Circumnavigation got me off my butt and I finally posted a message to let him know how much I liked it. I've read all of his other stories, as well as those of Dom Luka, Don Hanratty, and too many others to mention over the last few years. And I've even written to a couple them once in a great while. But CJ helped me realize that once in a while isn't nearly enough. I also decided that since I could afford the $8 a month, itwas the least I could do. And Jake is a great way to confirm I've made the right decision.Now I can't wait to read more Premium Content stories along with the free content, too. Thanks again, CJ, and thanks also to all of you who write some really great stories for all of us to enjoy. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!!!

This story was very much a departure from the norm for me - well outside my comfort zone. That's why I did it.

Great Story!

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Thank you C James for Jake. A fab story... loved it and highly recommend it to anyone reading this forum to gauge the book. I'm sure you will love it too. I see also that chapter 149(final chapter?) of 'Circumnavigation' has been posted. For anyone who has not yet read this, pull up a chair and prepare yourself for a great yarn with hours of fun following the adventures of Trevor as he battles his way around the world. The best book I read in 2012.

Stephen

• 1 month later...

So, I've read about half of the completed Premium stories so far...and thus far, this one is easily my favorite of those I've read. :D

Of CJ's novel-lengths, I've read For the Love, Let the Music Play, Changing Lanes, and now this one. This one really seems to have the most in common with Changing Lanes, in two ways. One, both of them involve characters for which being gay (or at least bisexual, in Eric's case) is somewhat unexpected, and two, both of them have a central focus on the emotional dynamics of the relationships involved.

• 1 year later...

C James, I've read everything here except Jake, and loved all of it--however, I am put off by the comment above about 'squished baby kittens'.  I don't want to read a story where the protagonist can be that cruel and thoughtless, much less have to pay for it.   Out of curiosity, which is this particular story Premium Content, when your others aren't?

Several of my favorite authors here have vanished, and I ran across your stories through a link I've now forgotten...things on GA are so hard to sorth through that I pretty much depend on chance to find anything decent, like your writings and Dom Luka's.  The awkwardness of finding things here makes the idea of Premium Content at over $8 per month a bit ridiculous.

If I had more details on Jake I would consider paying it once for the privilege, but the image of kittens leaves me cold.  I'd appreciate if someone could clarify the kittens reference and tell me if such things are common in the story.  This just seems so different from your other stuff.  The only thing similar here was one of Dom Luka's stories, and while it was well-written, I'm still not sure I enjoyed it's thene of mental and physical abuse.

• Site Administrator

C James, I've read everything here except Jake, and loved all of it--however, I am put off by the comment above about 'squished baby kittens'.  I don't want to read a story where the protagonist can be that cruel and thoughtless, much less have to pay for it.   Out of curiosity, which is this particular story Premium Content, when your others aren't?

From memory (it's been quite a while since I read 'Jake'), the reference is to what the narrator thinks of when he can't afford to have his, er, amorous bodily reactions noticed. There are no squished baby kittens in the story to the best of my knowledge :)

As for why it's Premium Content, unfortunately the Ad revenue from Google doesn't quite meet the bills. Offering selected stories in the Premium section for a price helps pay the bills. 'Jake' was C James's contribution to help keep the site operating.

• Site Moderator

Graeme memory is correct. Here's a passage from the story to confirm it.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes as he and Brett continued their exploration of my abs, feeling for swelling, working their way down to my waistband. I hoped they’d knock it off soon or my abs wouldn’t be what would start to swell. I mentioned my unrelieved state, right? You do the math. I tried to focus my mind on other things, like squashed kittens.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..