Open Club  ·  76 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 22

MikeL

Jim is forcing the hand more than he bargained

Trevor going to get the gun while Joel stalls

if jim is smart to not push the issue but to confirm Trevor alive

but if something we don't know then its a big problem

Good chapter. I think everybody is ready for a little action. Mysterious boats leaving from Bridget's dock while Bridget stalls Lisa. Some evil soul feeding Jim with information about Trevor's whereabouts. Jim spending all kinds of money to find Trevor. And does he intend to pull a gun from his pocket or is he just glad to see a hunky man like Joel?

• Site Administrator

Great chapter, thanks CJ worshippy.gif . Thanks to Shadowgod for posting too thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I wonder though, did Steve get nervous posting this chapter due to the cliffhanger? I noticed this warning on the Chapter Announcement:

***READ THIS NOTICE***

This notice limits posters liability. Poster assumes no responsibility for any cliffhangers, real or imagined, that may, or may not, be found within said posted chapter. All responsibility for any cliffhangers, real or imagined, remain solely with the original author of posted works.

Speaking of which, I hear by declare the first major cliffhanger of Circumnavigation. We just need the Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger riddled Chapter laugh.gif

A few things of interest. First being the mystery boat leaving Bridget's dock. So we know that she rents it out, but do we know if Robbie had it rented around the time of Rachael's death? ph34r.gif

The mystery email is puzzling too. Who did it come from? Maybe Lisa's Dad? Maybe Bridget? Maybe ????

So Officer Gonzales is now going to look into Jim's where abouts. I wonder what he will do when he finds out he traveled alone to Italy and has rented a speedboat.

Speaking of that, I wonder what the scratch on the bow of the rented boat has to do with things. It seems unlikely for CJ to just put that in for filler.

I wonder, are picture text messages the same as regular ones? Like can the phone company pass them on to Dirk and Jim as well?

Lots more questions, hopefully Jim boarding Atlantis will answer a lot of them. I think Jim is really there with good intentions.

Edited by wildone

Good chapter. I think everybody is ready for a little action. Mysterious boats leaving from Bridget's dock while Bridget stalls Lisa. Some evil soul feeding Jim with information about Trevor's whereabouts. Jim spending all kinds of money to find Trevor. And does he intend to pull a gun from his pocket or is he just glad to see a hunky man like Joel?

B).................Now, now Jim is only going to pull out his ID to show to Trevor, err Joel! 0:) I do believe Bridget is involved in a Drug smuggling ring, that would explain the boat coming and going. It could also tie in to the unsolved drug murder Detective Gonzales is working on. Anyone else get the idea that Jim is working for the same law firm owned by Bridget's late husband? It would explain a lot, the information being given to Detective Gonzales and the mysterious e-mail to Jim, sounds like Bridget is playing the puppet master here.

It would seem that someone is tracking either Lisa's or Joel's cell phone calls and keeping tabs of the location the phone calls are being made from. Again Bridget advises Trevor and Joel to keep phone contact for the next few days, she also told Lisa to keep in phone contact with them, that the next few days were to be critical. I see danger ahead for Trevor, Joel and possibly Jim.

I think Bridget has sent a hit-man after them, not aware that Jim is there.

I also think Senior Detective Alfred is Bridget's inside contact in the police department, I suspect he is a dirty cop too, he carefully chooses his words when talking to Detective Gonzales. And I notice that both he and Bridget kept referring to Dirk as a possible serial killer, they both seem to be pushing Gonzales towards Dirk, and Dirk only as the only suspect in several murders.

Great chapter, thanks CJ worshippy.gif . Thanks to Shadowgod for posting too thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I wonder though, did Steve get nervous posting this chapter due to the cliffhanger? I noticed this warning on the Chapter Announcement:

Speaking of which, I hear by declare the first major cliffhanger of Circumnavigation. We just need the Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger riddled Chapter laugh.gifYep, definitely a cliffhanger (staring with the real late posting of the chapter, stares at other Steve) :ph34r:

A few things of interest. First being the mystery boat leaving Bridget's dock. So we know that she rents it out, but do we know if Robbie had it rented around the time of Rachael's death? :ph34r:Notice how Bridget takes her time in answering the door! Hmmm, does she need time to make sure things are Ok before allowing a guest into the home?

The mystery email is puzzling too. Who did it come from? Maybe Lisa's Dad? Maybe Bridget? Maybe ???? Bridget knew of Trevor's search for the Ares, I'm not sure Lisa's dad was aware of it.

So Officer Gonzales is now going to look into Jim's where abouts. I wonder what he will do when he finds out he traveled alone to Italy and has rented a speedboat. No, the senior detective is going to provide that info to detective Gonzales, from his 'cough' contacts. Rather convenient no?

Speaking of that, I wonder what the scratch on the bow of the rented boat has to do with things. It seems unlikely for CJ to just put that in for filler. It only tells us that Jim is a seaworthy person, remember Dirk wanted to have Jim move the Ares away from Trevor.

I wonder, are picture text messages the same as regular ones? Like can the phone company pass them on to Dirk and Jim as well? Yeah, but Dirk and Jim have no access to Lisa's or Joel's phone records.

Lots more questions, hopefully Jim boarding Atlantis will answer a lot of them. I think Jim is really there with good intentions. I agree, Jim is not the bad guy here and may prove to be helpful to Trevor and Joel in the long run.

Some notes...

Interesting that Bridget took her time answering the door, and that the boat was leaving the dock right then. Did Bridget have a visitor, or did she just return on that boat?

Don't even try to say anything about me renting that dock. Several reasons why. 1. 9 year olds can't have boats. 2. 9 year olds can't rent docks. 3. Bridget didn't say anything about renting the dock. She allows friends to use it. Which leads me to wonder exactly what kind of friends she has. 4. This particular then-9-year-old was not in Florida, or the Bahamas, at the time Ares disappeared.

Regarding that email, I think it is safe to say that Bridget had something to do with it. The only people who know about Trevor's intentions (and so delicate as to know his exact course for the next day or so) are Trevor, Joel, Lisa, and Bridget. Obviously the three muskateers didn't send it (wouldn't do it, and couldn't even if they wanted, since they don't know about Jim). That leaves Bridget, but I'm also going to suggest the possibility that she told her friends, the ones who have sleek boats docking behind her house.

Some notes...

Interesting that Bridget took her time answering the door, and that the boat was leaving the dock right then. Did Bridget have a visitor, or did she just return on that boat? Yes, she did wait to answer the door for Detective Gonzales also, whom happen to notice a powerboat outside also, but she dismissed him abruptly. With Lisa waiting at the long answered door, her sighting of the powerboat was explained as a friend using the dock adding how handy it was from the inter-coastal waterways.

Regarding that email, I think it is safe to say that Bridget had something to do with it. The only people who know about Trevor's intentions (and so delicate as to know his exact course for the next day or so) are Trevor, Joel, Lisa, and Bridget. Obviously the three muskateers didn't send it (wouldn't do it, and couldn't even if they wanted, since they don't know about Jim). That leaves Bridget, but I'm also going to suggest the possibility that she told her friends, the ones who have sleek boats docking behind her house. Remember Bridget also knew about Trevor's annual visitation to his mother's supposed gravesite. Lisa's father did not!

Edited by Benji

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!

The pace of the story does increase as the story progresses, so things will pick up. :)

Speaking of which, I hear by declare the first major cliffhanger of Circumnavigation. We just need the Amphibious Certification of Cliffhanger riddled Chapter laugh.gif

A few things of interest. First being the mystery boat leaving Bridget's dock. So we know that she rents it out, but do we know if Robbie had it rented around the time of Rachael's death? ph34r.gif

The mystery email is puzzling too. Who did it come from? Maybe Lisa's Dad? Maybe Bridget? Maybe ????

So Officer Gonzales is now going to look into Jim's where abouts. I wonder what he will do when he finds out he traveled alone to Italy and has rented a speedboat.

Speaking of that, I wonder what the scratch on the bow of the rented boat has to do with things. It seems unlikely for CJ to just put that in for filler.

I wonder, are picture text messages the same as regular ones? Like can the phone company pass them on to Dirk and Jim as well?

Lots more questions, hopefully Jim boarding Atlantis will answer a lot of them. I think Jim is really there with good intentions.

Bridget was just stalling to give RKnapp time to get away.But, she probably doesn't know what he's up to. Let's not forget the New Jersey connection! 0:)

Some notes...

Interesting that Bridget took her time answering the door, and that the boat was leaving the dock right then. Did Bridget have a visitor, or did she just return on that boat?

Don't even try to say anything about me renting that dock. Several reasons why. 1. 9 year olds can't have boats. 2. 9 year olds can't rent docks. 3. Bridget didn't say anything about renting the dock. She allows friends to use it. Which leads me to wonder exactly what kind of friends she has. 4. This particular then-9-year-old was not in Florida, or the Bahamas, at the time Ares disappeared.

Regarding that email, I think it is safe to say that Bridget had something to do with it. The only people who know about Trevor's intentions (and so delicate as to know his exact course for the next day or so) are Trevor, Joel, Lisa, and Bridget. Obviously the three muskateers didn't send it (wouldn't do it, and couldn't even if they wanted, since they don't know about Jim). That leaves Bridget, but I'm also going to suggest the possibility that she told her friends, the ones who have sleek boats docking behind her house.

Hrmmm, already denying renting the dock, before even being accused of it? What was it that Shakespeare said, about protesting too much? :P

Hrmm, however... what if Rknapp is partially right? what if he didn't take part in the loss of Ares, BUT, now in 2006, he's renting Bridget's dock for nefarious purposes? And who did Rknapp leave out as one of the people who knew how to put that e-mail together? Himself, that's who!!!

:P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..