UK Meet 2011

• 4 weeks later...

Am totally jealous you guys are doing this. Ten more days and I would have dragged Mike across the pond so we could be there, but our holiday doesn't start until the 12th. Sigh. Another fun thing I am going to miss.

There's always the August meet if you have holiday left?

• Like 2

There's always the August meet if you have holiday left?

Oh no, August is right out - it's not about having holiday left, I have 10 weeks and counting already this year I can use [we have to work weekends and holidays and we early extra time off at 1.5 times the hours we work] but anything after early July and we are going to be on baby watch. I can't leave the country and have the babies born. Maybe we will come over before that and just make the rounds :P

Am totally jealous you guys are doing this. Ten more days and I would have dragged Mike across the pond so we could be there, but our holiday doesn't start until the 12th. Sigh. Another fun thing I am going to miss.

We could always do it again :)

I'm pretty much ready for the meet.

In the last few days, I dyed my hair blue, to be in tune with Nephy and to live up to my name handle. I've also been practising my gin-and-tonic swallowing skills. I almost feel British again now.

I had initially packed a jackhammer to break the ice, since these meets can be awkward at first, but I think we'll be fine without. ;) The only thing I'd better not forget is a couple of umbrellas because it's going to be raining "cats and dogs".

Oh, and I also learned by heart the strip-poker rule book. Someone indicated that it was the best way to spend a rainy day in a strange city. I don't mind him stripping if the cards are not in his favour. As for me, I'm not planning on losing :D.

I would suggest that strip poker is "off the cards" for me, but I have a "special friend" at the meet (with benefits) that will allow me to indulge in alternative activities. I shall not be drinking Gin and Tonic, as that SOOOOOO middle class Dah-lings, but I shaln't say no to a glass of nice wine (nothing from the "new world", dear - don't be crass) or indeed a nice single malt. My preference is either for a Laphroaig or a Lagavulin. Straight up, room temperature. Ice is for the offlanders.

I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone who is turning up, even those from France :P

) or indeed a nice single malt. My preference is either for a Laphroaig or a Lagavulin. Straight up, room temperature. Ice is for the offlanders.

Oh yes yes yes... I'll join you in that. :)

Gosh this meet up sounds awfully scary :P

Me? Scary? No....

Immature...all of you... :P0:)

Absolutely. So?

I would suggest that strip poker is "off the cards" for me, but I have a "special friend" at the meet (with benefits) that will allow me to indulge in alternative activities. I shall not be drinking Gin and Tonic, as that SOOOOOO middle class Dah-lings, but I shaln't say no to a glass of nice wine (nothing from the "new world", dear - don't be crass) or indeed a nice single malt. My preference is either for a Laphroaig or a Lagavulin. Straight up, room temperature. Ice is for the offlanders.

I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone who is turning up, even those from France :P

Yeah... I'm afraid the strip-poker offer was only a joke. :(

I'm with you on the drinking. Laphroaig and Lagavulin win any day against G'nT.

Good to see that you won't be pulling the drawbridge and readying the arrows when you see the froggy comin'. :P

I'm pretty much ready for the meet.

In the last few days, I dyed my hair blue, to be in tune with Nephy and to live up to my name handle. I've also been practising my gin-and-tonic swallowing skills. I almost feel British again now.

I had initially packed a jackhammer to break the ice, since these meets can be awkward at first, but I think we'll be fine without. ;) The only thing I'd better not forget is a couple of umbrellas because it's going to be raining "cats and dogs".

Oh, and I also learned by heart the strip-poker rule book. Someone indicated that it was the best way to spend a rainy day in a strange city. I don't mind him stripping if the cards are not in his favour. As for me, I'm not planning on losing :D.

Your handle is blue? Of too much use? :P

Nephy will now make it her weekend's mission to say things that will make us all blush scarlet :P

This is getting more interesting by the minute.

I wonder who will win the challenge! :lol:

I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing :) Not deliberately at least, although I should come with a health warning because I can be... inapropriate, as my daughter says.

I have to say that I am rather disappointed. I dyed my hair for the occasion and the black has bled into the blue and made it decidedly less so :( meh.

I did, however buy a new umbrella :)

The meet is proceeding as expected. So far, no one has run away screaming, though that may yet happen. :P

We've already come up with a few ideas for the next meet in August. Renting London's Albert Hall is only one of them.