Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Mortal Kombat 9 trailer

Tiger

Ugh, I was excited for a minute because I thought it was the movie trailer but you hit me with the game. So lemme put yall on this movie trailer that leaked,

THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO GO OFF! YOU HEAR ME OFF!

On another note, the trailer looks good, but I've never been a fan of Mortal Kombat. Characters always move so sluggish.

I'm a hardcore SoulCalibur fan myself : ) SC4 is clearly better.

the game looks cool! Will definitely think about getting it. I just hope the fatalities are better than the ones in Armageddon. Those were pretty lame.

I didn't even know they were releasing a new one. Thanks Tiger!:) And PD for the movie trailer :)

the game looks cool! Will definitely think about getting it. I just hope the fatalities are better than the ones in Armageddon. Those were pretty lame.

I didn't even know they were releasing a new one. Thanks Tiger!:) And PD for the movie trailer :)

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the fatalities. Take a look at this.

I heard that the movie teaser was just something the actress... forget her name did for a friend within WB. She twittered that she didn't know what WB would do with it, but taking the time to do it.. shows they're at least interested.

Probably a 2013 movie. ;)

More on the movie trailer here. Personally, I didn't favor for this version of MK. I truly like the classical universe, and think that any future film should stick along those lines. I'm a long-time MK fan, have been ever since early childhood. I hope they don't disappoint :(

More on the movie trailer here. Personally, I didn't favor for this version of MK. I truly like the classical universe, and think that any future film should stick along those lines. I'm a long-time MK fan, have been ever since early childhood. I hope they don't disappoint :(

Oh, so it is just a small project. I was wondering if it would really be a movie. Ah well...

Yes, they are actually planning on an actual film, following 1995's Annihilation. Although, not sure if it will actually follow the same universe, and all that. But yes, a film is being conjured somewhere. I'm pretty excited about it, myself.

Yes, they are actually planning on an actual film, following 1995's Annihilation. Although, not sure if it will actually follow the same universe, and all that. But yes, a film is being conjured somewhere. I'm pretty excited about it, myself.

It's not even really the same story. I mean, they talked about Baraka and Reptile being "human". Well, they are not human in the game universe or the universe of the first two movies. Reptile is a Saurian while Baraka is a Tarkata. Still, I want to see the movie. It looks to be very interesting.

Edited by Tiger

It's not even really the same story. I mean, they talked about Baraka and Reptile being "human". Well, they are not human in the game universe or the universe of the first two movies. Reptile is a Saurian while Baraka is a Tarkata. Still, I want to see the movie. It looks to be very interesting.

Yeah, I kinda felt similarly about the trailer. I liked it, but didnt like it at the same time. It isnt true to the Mortal Kombat canon in many ways (Which is a fairly decent storyline/universe if I do say so myself haha) and it often times felt like it was taking itself too seriously. I mean you can rip peoples heads off in the games :P Theres a bit of sillyness in all that. We shall see though I suppose.

In regards to the game, I havent enjoyed a mortal kombat since UMK3, and that was pretty much my game of choice in my youth (the MK franchise that is). I dont really hold any high expectations for this one :P

• 2 weeks later...