How is the iPad for ebook Writers?

How is the iPad for ebook Writers?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How is the iPad for ebook Writers?

• Excellent - Virtually a replacement to writing with a desktop.
    • Very Good - Offers excellent mobility but not the same ease as a desktop.
    • Good - I can write anywhere with it but it's not very comfortable.
    • Bad - It's not so good to write with but it's okay if you have no other choice.
    • Very Bad - It's not meant for writing stories. Look for something else.
    • Horrible - It makes me cringe just thinking about writing on an iPad.

So, I've seen plenty of reviews on how good the iPad is for ebook readers. Now the question is: how good is it for ebook writers?

Okay, I realize the choices may be a bit restricting but for me those are the aspects or degrees I'm looking for regarding a review of the iPad for ebook writers.

I'm sure a handful here can draw from their personal experience or an experience of a friend they know. I'd like to hear about it because I'm considering getting one to replace the bulky laptop I lug around to write stories with.

IMO, a 13 to 14 inch laptop is the best tool for writers who need/want to do so when travelling. The iPad is not a usable writers tool unless all you're writing if flash fiction or poetry, and even then I wouldn't want to use one for that. There are laptops for around $500 (U.S.) that could serve a writer and have a DVD drive and built-in WiFi and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Colin B)

I use my iPad for writing papers and such at work and at school and while its amazing with mobility, and jotting down notes and such, I find that using a keyboard brings it up to par with a laptop or netbook.

Without access to the actual device, and basing myself on reviews, I don't think it's the best option for writing, but I suspect it is an option. I know that when I type, I NEED my tactile feedback; I simply couldn't type with the on screen keyboard. And if you add a keyboard peripheral, a lot of the advantages to the iPad (portability) start to fade.

That said, for reading? I'd love one, yes I would.